• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chatham CO open range day is back! 2/19 or 2/26

elixin77

My shoulder would be hurting VERY badly after shooting that much 7.62x54R. Speaking of that, I need to order a can or two of some. It keeps creeping up in price.

I have a gel pad that I swap between my shotty and Sasha (my 91/30). Shooting Sasha is a dream now, because the gel pad takes away all the umph of the donkey kick, and just leaves you with a shove, and no sore shoulder at the end of the day.

800 rounds though, even with the gel pad, my shoulder will be very sore, lol

RoadKing

Dang, You guys are beasts. I was thinking that 200-300 rounds would be enough, even though I 'm not making this trip, do to capacity. I guess ,ALL day means a who lotta shootin gonna be happenin. Now I can certainly understand why it's limited in size.

I'd sure like to check out JDriver's AR's. I've been looking to get one for myself, just don't know enough about them to make an educated decision just yet. Maybe next time, someone will have one or two...

Y'all be safe out there,
RK

JDriver1.8t

Does anybody who is going tomorrow reload, and want some 9mm, 40 and 223 brass?

I'm positive I won't be shooting 800 rounds of 7.62x54, but that is how i have it in the can, so that is what I'm going to bring. Also, I won't feel bad about letting everyone shoot it.

I'm bringing a case of bottled water that everyone can take from.

Remember that sun screen may be a good idea as well.

Here is one of the ARs
DSC05599.jpg

Last edited:

Smith45acp

Everyone shot very well and again we had a great time. Thanks for coming out and sharing guns guys.

Congratulations JDriver for the fastest time of the day through the course. We were all within 1-2 seconds of each other so the competition was fierce! However, due to that pesky rule about no one beating me on my own course JDriver concedes the 1st place trophy to me.

Here is what we were working with:

6x 10" steel plates, 6x cardboard silhouettes.

Designated targets from each barricade / cover, double taps to large silhouettes and must *DING* each steel plate once before continuing. 2 seconds added per steel plate miss, which adds up very fast. 10 second penalty for hitting the "good guy" at the end.

Here is what it looked like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrDLeuaTu6k

For those who missed this one you are more than welcome to come next time, which will be very soon

M

mattwestm

I had a really fun time today. Shot plenty of 5.45x39, 9mm, and .45ACP. I wish I had brought more pistol ammo. :D Definitely one of the best shooting adventures I've gone on! Also, thanks for the extra 9mm!

aVmgm.jpg

01lKZ.jpg

n80i7.jpg

gkNwJ.jpg

KnzaM.jpg

UuswO.jpg

YAT9s.jpg

aVmgm.jpg

HYTHr.jpg

JDriver1.8t

I had a ton of fun. I had forgotten how much better it is to be outdoors and moving.
I did make the mistake of wearing shorts, thinking about how hot it would be, and not the location. My calves are nice and scratched up from thorns now. Pulling my socks up was the best solution I had, but I look even goofier than normal in the videos. That, and the videos remind me of how much I need to start exercising regularly again.

We did a good bit of sighting in optics on rifles as well as a few mag dumps.
We had a little bit of shotgun time, shooting at tossed cups and branches, and a frying pan.
We spent a good part of the day running the course that had been set up.

I was very happy to have the fastest run of the day, after having one of the worst to start with.
Though, everyone looses after giving Smith45acp his 20 second time deduction (bonus) for actually hosting us.

Here are the better videos that were taken with my camera during the day.

The top timed run of the day: (click for video)

JP on one of his runs: (click for video)

Smith45 on a near perfect run using my ghetto glock (glock 27 with 9mm conversion barrel and 33rnd mag): (click for video)

And finally, my first time using my new shotgun: (click for video)

Here are the guns we predominantly shot that I brought:
16'' AR and 7.5'' AR pistol
DSC05590.jpg

Mossber 590 Mariner with Hogue overmold stock
DSC05611.jpg

Glock 24C, 23C, 27
DSC04788.jpg

Last edited:

Smith45acp

Driver definitely won the prize for the best toys!

That run^ with your baby glock is the best I've ever shot with one. I'm normally awful with the safe action setups. Of course 30 some rounds in a mag and no reload helps some!

Next time we need to all throw 5 dollars in a hat at the beginning to spice up the competition a little bit!

On second thought, Driver has enough nice stuff I don't feel the need to further fund his arsenal ;)

Last edited:

jp49911

Oh why oh why did you upload that run of mine lol! This was a blast. Thanks again Adam for inviting us and taking the time to set this up.

And I promise everyone, I shot better than that throughout the day (no fish tale).

Let's do it again soon!