• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Checkpoints on U.S. soil

Tomahawk

imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
"Proof of Citizenship" is only required to actually cross the actual international border, however, Border Patrol has authority within (I believe) 150 miles of ANY international port of entry (This includes most airports!!!) This range and the 'scope' of the BPs authority were both extended with the creation of 'HomeLand Security'. Under the 'homeland security' charter they can basically suspend all of your rights (send you to GITMO even) under suspicion of any act against the US! (No, they don't have to have proof...) I do not agree with this, but its in there... Read the HLS Act!

Again, a citation, please.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but there's a lot of hearsay here.

If this is true, it's another terrible blow to liberty. After all, 150 miles is just an arbitrary number. Why not 1500? The whole of CONUS?

DocNTexas

imported post

Tomahawk,

With all respect, what is the real harm in Rollin down your window and answering a couple of quick questions at a check point? I understand that you feel it is an invasion of your privacy, your rights and so on and perhaps it is to a degree but the alternative is to not do anything and I feel that is worse.

If they try to search, then by all means refuse and heck, call me and I will come stand with you against such an act but by refusing any and all cooperation just means that you do not want anything done to combat illegal entry into the US, whether by foreign citizens or terrorist.

I realize thatthe United Stateshas a lot to offer our neighbors to the south but there is a legal means of gaining entry. If we let anyone and everyone enter at will the US will soon face the same problems as Mexico, i.e. increased crime, further depression of the economy, deterioration of the job market and so on. That is why immigration rules were established in the first place, because the country could not keep up with population growth. While we can not curb internal growth we can limit immigration from abroad.

It does not help to watch so called immigrants, not to mention known illegal aliens,proudly waving a foreign flag in my country while at the same time burn and stomping on my flag, all the while demanding more free handouts and the right to bring their relatives over without question. If they are so proud of their flag and country why are they fighting so hard to leave it? I am Scotch-Irish by blood and proud of it but I do not fly or claim any flag other than that of the United States.
I am all for legal immigration but not at will immigration.

While I deviate somewhat from the general topic here the point I make is that if a little cooperation on my part helps limit the influx of illegals and illegal contraband them I will do my part as long as they remain within the scope of the checkpoint. If they exceed that scope I will stand with you to put them back on track. As I said before, I pass through these checkpoints on a regular basis and have never had an issue, even when I politely refused something they asked that I disagreed with. I do not say roll over and do anything they ask but cooperation within reason is not a problem. I feel that through my cooperation I have gained the ability to say NO when necessary without a confrontation.

Just my thoughts.

Doc

Tomahawk

imported post

DocNTexas wrote:
Tomahawk,

With all respect, what is the real harm in Rollin down your window and answering a couple of quick questions at a check point? I understand that you feel it is an invasion of your privacy, your rights and so on and perhaps it is to a degree but the alternative is to not do anything and I feel that is worse.

Your second sentence answers the question in the first. I am sick and tired of being told "give up your rights a little, it's no big deal, why you gotta make a fuss?"

In practice we all do this sometimes, but in principle it's awful. Make the cops follow the law. Make them respect my rights. Do not make excuses.
I realize thatthe United Stateshas a lot to offer our neighbors to the south but there is a legal means of gaining entry.
I'm not going to get into a debate about immigration. But I am going to say that a federal agent harassing motorists miles away from the border is wasting your tax money and harming your liberty.

If controlling the border is so important, why aren't they on the border, where there isn't any real constitutional dispute over asking questions?

I mean, really, if they want to catch illegal immigrants inside the borders, what's to stop them from setting up checkpoints anywhere in the country, since illegals are in every state?

KBCraig

imported post

DocNTexas wrote:
In other words: "Dammit, Rosa, sit yo black ass down back here with the rest of us, and stop stirring up trouble!"

I apologize for not looking up the cites (I'll try to provide them later), but the CheckpointUSA site debunks the statutory law and case law the BP claims to rely upon. The law allows them to query someone's citizenship when they have reason to suspect the person isn't a U.S. citizen. The case law allows such "border" checkpoints to be up to 100 land miles from the actual border.

In the cases of CheckpointUSA and Steve Anderson (the Arizona pastor), it's obvious the BP have no reason to believe the drivers aren't U.S. citizens, because they know and recognize them. Instead, the encounters are exercises of power: "You will answer my questions in the way I demand, or I will hold you here indefinitely." (In Anderson's case, they smashed his windows and tased him.)

As for the dogs, I don't know of any dog trained to detect citizenship. The BP mission at internal checkpoints (away from the border) does not include drug interdiction, and I'm unaware of any statutory or case law permitting such.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Cites: Homeland Security Act and The Patriot Act
There's a bunch of scary stuff in both of them, so I'm not going to cite specific pieces of them, just look them up and start wading through!

As for the 'internal checkpoints'... They were not placed there arbitrarily! the area within (it used to be 50, I think its up to 150 now) is a 'trade zone' where workers can cross the border in the interest of trade without having 'permission' to stay here... (green card, visa, etc) If there was not an internal checkpoint at the edge of that zone, how would we keep those crossing for 'trade' from staying and migrating further into the country than they are supposed to? What do they look for to have suspicion of citizenship? 1) out of country license plates/insignia on car/clothing, etc; 2) nervousness 3) poor or no English 4) multiple passengers; etc. These are all reasonable measures of suspicion. (dogs cannot smell citizenship, however they can smell people (hiding in trunk/trailer/under blanket in back seat, etc!)
If they have reason for suspicion, once Citizenship is established, no further search, seizure, detainment, etc should be allowed.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Another point I forgot to make...
Since you can get a drivers license without having to be a USC (U.S. Citizen) I believe that we could curb a lot of problems by putting citizenship status on our DLs (or state issued ID if you are a non driver)! Simply printing "United States Citizen" or "Non-Citizen Resident" etc (and making it illegal for non-legals to get a license/must be a citizen or resident alien/ or work visa/etc) Also, DL expiration would thus coincide with visa/green card/etc expiration.

DocNTexas

imported post

Tomahawk,

As I have said several times here, I totally agree that there are more effective ways of catching and dealing with illegals entering this country. I agree that checkpoints are for the most part ineffective. At the same time, they are effective to a small degree and, at the moment, one of the few means at our disposal. It is like having an old unreliable car... it may not run wellor be a reliable means of transportation but you use it and you keep patching it up until you can replace it with a more reliable and effective one. Lets work on getting a better one before we head to the junkyard with this one.

KBCraig,

I have read the statutes and understand the vague naturein which manyare written. I agree that the BP only has unquestionable search power when actually entering the country and that the only extent to which they can stop one at a distant checkpoint is to determine citizenship and then search only if probable cause exists of a crime (which has also been called into question by some).

I also firmly agree that many officers and agencies abuse their authority. I agree that the incident in Arizona was excessive and I hope he wins big and the officers in question are soon looking for new employment. I agree that it is easy for officers to lie to cover their butts, as in this case, by claiming the dog hit on the car or something. These type of practices are what we should stand up against, not the mere use of the checkpoint. As I pointed out before, I do not allowunreasonable search or answer unreasonable questionseither, but I will cooperate up to that point. Most of these confrontations occur when the driver arrives in aconfrontational state, i.e. "I am not rolling down my window", "I don't have to talk to you", and so on. I too have refused checkpoint searches and refused to answer non-pertinent questions, but it was through an open window with a smile on my face during a cordial conversation that never took more than a minute (usually 30 seconds or less) and I have never been challenged on my refusal.

As for the dog and drug issue, you must remember that under the Patriot Act, the BP, INS and Customs were merged to form an new group, the Customs and Border Patrol (CBP), with a newlydesignated mission. This mission includes drug interdiction,even at checkpoints. It also broadens their jurisdiction nationwide. While many of the old statutes are still in place, they have been granted additional authority and scope of duty under the remodeling of the agency.

Tomahawk & KBCraig,

Like you, I am willing to stand against unreasonable federal intrusion into our lives and against police and other agency abuse of power. I agree that abuse occurs every day, whether at checkpoints or simply by the lone officer stopping cars on the streets and highways. It is always your word against theirs and that is not right, but just because there are bad apples in the bunchdoes not warrant trashing the whole system. What do you think would happen if we did?

I agree the current system sucks in terms of effectiveness. I agree that there is a better answer out there and I am working to secure that system, but I am not willing to get rid of the systemwe have before getting something else in place. While the current system is losing ground, it certainly serves to slow down that loss, and hopefully it will do so long enough to implement something better that will gain back the ground lost.

Things occur today that our forefathers could not imaging. Today a small army could move into the country by placing one man on every international flight for a week, not to mention ships and border crossings. To move the same number inconspicuously backin 1776would have taken years and the massing of forcewould have been clearly obvious. In addition, weapons are more destructive and easier to transport these days. There are countless explosive devices out there smaller than a suitcase that can render more destructive power than all the canons combined back then. It stands to reason that detecting these movements is crucial and doing so would have been deemed constitutional by our forefathers, as long asit did not unreasonable infringe on peoples rights. Checkpoints were not needed in 1776 because the threat to the country wore bright red coats that could easily be discerned from the commonera mile away. Today, the threatlooks like every other person on the street (or passing through a checkpoint), so we have to look closer to see the hidden red coat.

I support your wish for a perfect nation free of corruption. I I also recognize the need for means of sorting out the good from the bad in terms of our nations security. In 1776 that could be done at a glance but today it takes much more than that and I am willing to do my part to help find those not here legallyor with an intent to harm this country. At the same time, I am not willing to turn total power over to the government nor submit to unwarranted searches or questioning in the process, so I weigh each question that is asked and answer appropriately. If they persist in overstepping their authority I will respond in kind to seek restitution and to stop further such actions, but I will roll down my window and cordially interact with the officers atthese checkpoints within reason.

Doc

FreeinTX

imported post

Doc,

I've read your 3 posts to me, and I find that your sense of HUMAN RIGHTS have been TWISTED by the 'large circle of cops' you say you hang around. Reading your posts, it is obvious that you are close to cops, and it seems fairly obvious that you are not one, yourself. You mention driving a truck so I guess that makes sense.

So real quick I'll run through your points then get to mine.

1. On the effectiveness of border patrol checkpoints stopping illegals.We both seem to agree that BP checkpoints are ineffective,and we agree that although they are ineffective, they are growing in number and man-power. There are over 40 MILLION illegal aliens in this country, and they come and go at will. Stopping people, like you,randomly on the side of thehighway, will NEVEReven begin to solve the problem. You know that, I know that, and THEY know that.Everyone knows that.

2. On the effectiveness of BP checkpoints stopping drugs. Every city, every town, every municipalilty is stocked full of every drug on the book. Anyone, can get anything they want, anytime they want. It would be tough to argue that ANY actions taken in the 'war on drugs'are "effective,"simply because there is an ever increasing supply of every drug, ever made, in this country. The supply of drugs to an area is determined ONLY by demand. Stopping people at some random checkpoint will NEVER even begin to have a noticable effect on the flow of drugs into this country. You know that, I know that, and THEY know that. Everyone knows that.

3. On the effectiveness of DUI checkpoints. DUI rates are no different now then they have been over the last decade, plus or minus just a few percentage points. Stopping traffic for miles and miles in both directions will NEVER have a noticable effect on the rates of DUI in this country. You know that, I know that, and THEY know that. Everyone knows that.

4. On "feel good" measures, that are obvious to everyone, that they are ineffective. You will agree that none of these checkpoints work. They are as ineffective and ineffective gets without being called outright, explosive, failures. Who "feels good" knowing that these checkpoints exist, other than the lazy slob manning the checkpoint for $60,000 plus a year? And why should I have to pay good tax dollars so thatcompletely retarded idiots,"feel good," because they are too stupid tosee that these "checkpoints"don'tdo what they claim to do.

5. On staying within the perview of the "checkpoint." You and Iboth know that this will NEVER happen. When a preacher can gettased, assaulted to the point of needing 2 dozen stitches inhis head, arrested, and charged with FALSE CRIMES that have NOTHING to do with drugs or immigration, at a border patrol "checkpoint," then the whole idea that cops are going to stay withany type of boundries is absurd. But again, if you pulled up to a DUI checkpoint and had a gun and drugs on your dash, do you think they will let you go? Do youthinkyou should be waived through? If there were body parts all over a car when it pulls up to a BP checkpoint, should he be waived through? Of course not.So the idea that BP is for border patrol, is absurd when we know they will enforce any and every law they feel like and justify it with the fact that a law was broken. Are we going to let murders go because they were stopped at a BP checkpoint and not a murderer checkpoint? These are checkpoints. They are check to make sureYOU arenot breaking the law, any law. The courts that allowed this talked about remaining with the scope of the checkpoint, KNOWING that this is rediculous.

6. On checkpoints set up for fugitives. A fugitive poses an IMMIDIATE PUBLIC SAFETY CONCERN. Under state laws, not federal, STATE laws, the country Sherriff or the city cops can set up"checkpoints"and cordon off an area to apprehend a dangerous criminal. Escaping from custody, makes you a "dangerous" criminal under the law. At these checkpoints,ONLY the sherriffs and local copscan stop you.They know who they are looking for. They have their name, and picture. They cannot stop you, ask you questions, and demand you answer. They cannot search you unless plain sight evidence gives them probable cause. They cannot ask for ID. They know who they are looking for and if you are NOT him, then on you go. They can stop you and "inform" you of the potentially dangerous situation, but theyhave no authorityoutside looking for a specific person who poses a REAL threatto the people. And again, this is for IMMIDIATE PUBLIC SAFETY CONCERN and involves a specific person or people, who have committed a VIOLENT FELONY. Again, escape is violent, by definition of the law. This is NOT a random checkpoint.

7. On DUI's and your story about knowing someone who was killed in a DUI accident. Look, I'm sorry for your loss, but manning DUI checkpoints is NOT going to do anything to curb drunk driving or deaths due to drunk driving. Look into the facts. When they set up DUI checkpoints, theybusthundreds of times more people on other infractions than they do for DUI. No insurance. No registration. No DL. Warrants for other stuff. And remember, they are developing license plate scanners that will run everyonesplate looking for warrants or for lack of insurance (we haveins. complianceon TXDoT databases now). It is NOT about stopping DUI. It's about stopping and checking EVERYONE.

But that aside, we need to take a real look at the statistics. According to Texas DPS, cell phone use while driving is, statistically, as dangerous as drunk driving. Which means, specifically, that you are at as great of a risk of losing a loved one to an idiot on a cell phone, as you are a drunk driver. Do you see checkpoints going up looking for cell phone users?When people do getoutraged at cell phone and text drivers and inact laws, those laws allow for hands free devices, despite the FACT, backed by statistics, that hand free devices offer NO benefit to drivers. MADD has been FEDERALLY FUNDED to demonize drunk driving to justify CRAZY human rights abuses. In Austin, they draw BLOOD, without warrants, if they simply suspect you've been drinking. Cops, armed with NEEDLES, waiting for you to refuse a breathalizer. You can be President with two DUI's, but DUI is used to justify cops FORCIBLY TAKING BLOOD on the side of the road, after a few hours of 'training' for blood draws.

8. On my calling cops NAZI THUGS. I wish you would have been more specific about my example, but I have no problem restating that I believe that there are a FEW 'good cops' left. However, the 99% of the SCUM give the 1% of the "good cops" a bad name. The difference between a "good cop" and NAZI SCUM is simple. Every public officer, takes an oath to uphold and defend the CONSTITUTION. That oath is JOB NUMBER ONE! It preceeds following orders given to you by your highers. It preceeds, "keeping the people safe," or, "getting the bad guy."

It doesn't stop there. A "good cop" not only upholds his oath by doing his job withoutviolating our human rights, he uphold his oath andstands against cops that do violate our rights. A "good cop" cannot look the other way when he sees his partner abuse someones rights. He MUST place his partner under arrest and do his job. When he witnesses a rights violation and does nothing, he is no longer a "good cop." He is complicit in the crime. He is aiding and abetting. And he is nothing but FILTHY NAZI SCUM. If you go to YouTube, right now, and type in POLICE BRUTALITY, in the less thana decade of Youtube's existence, there are over 70,000 videos posted showing blatant abuse by cops. Almost every time, the guy has a partnerat the scenedoing nothing to stop the CRIMINAL assualt on a citizen. Almost every time, the cop shop, and the SCUM's boss, issue a statement defending the SCUM's actions. ALL of these people are SCUM. The cop that assaults a citizen. The partner that witnesses it and does nothing. And every cop who publically defends the criminals actions, especially the ones that do it, wearing a badge, in a position of authority over the criminal.

Even in cases that win the plaintiff MILLIONS for the abuse they suffered, the cops who did the abusing rarely are punished. If we assault a cop, we would sit inPRISON for a long time. If we assault another citizen, wewould facesome time in JAIL. If a cops assaults one of us, we are lucky if he loses pay. How is that in order with the idea that cops are SERVANTS and we are their MASTERS?

And you should take note. You are calling them LEO's. That's what they call themselves. Law enforcement officers. They like their TLA's. It'sa CIA thing. They are supposed to be PEACE OFFICERS and are there to assist us when we call for them. That's whywe pay themover $50,000 a year to start. However, they think of themselves as our sheppards, insteadof reminding themselves that they are our SERVANTS.

Now, if I were you, I would run like h-ll to your next gun show, and pick up a copy of the "Citizens Rule Book," and read that 60 page booklet. It will take you about 2 hours, and will straighten you out on some basic civics pricipals that you seem to have twisted up, probably because of your 'circle of cops.'

The Fed's (border patrol, the FBI, the BATF, the DEA, etc.) have NO AUTHORITY to stoplaw abiding citizens inside the US for ANY reason.Can cops question you? Cops can. The local cops or the Sheriffs department can. If you are a legitimate suspect ina federal case, the courts even allow the Fed's to question you. But no, the Fed's cannot question people at checkpoints inside the US. They have NO AUTHORITY to do so under the Constitution, and therefore, NO AUTHORITY to do so.

You asked aboutcrossing the border.Yes, the law requires you to prove you ability to legally enter this country. So, if you are crossing the border, you can be asked for ID. Otherwise, NO!!! You cannot be ID'd inside the USofA unless you are under arrest or charged with a crime. Not by the Fed's. Not by the Sherrif. Not by the cops. Not by anyone. So the guy who hit 4 checkpoints on his way to the Hoover Dam, had his rights violated 4 times. Had he crossed the border, it would be okay to stop and checkhim at the border. But inside the US? You got to be kidding. By FED's? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Do you really think our forefathers believed that it should be okay for the federal government to stop someone, question them, and give them the once over? After they just liberated us from an oppressive federal government? The federal governments authority is SEVERELY RESTRICTED by the CONSTITUTION. So, even if you could justify a "checkpoint" within the US, it certainly cannot be manned bya federal agency. That alone is a violation of the law. If "checkpoints" are to be manned, they will be manned by the Sherriff's department, the highest badge carrying 'LEO' in the country!

As for the 'checkpoints.' We don't have to prove we are citizens. We don't have to prove we are not drunk. We don't have to prove we aren't doing anything wrong. We don't have to prove we are law abiding citizens. We don't have to prove ANYTHING to ANYONE, EVER!!! That's the whole premise behind 'innocent until proven guilty.' And let's get this VERY CLEAR;

FOURTH AMENDMENT - 'The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.'

FIFTH AMENDMENT - 'No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.'

That's pretty clear. It's BASIC English, and was written so that your average 1787 American citizen could understand it. It's was worded to be simple, ON PURPOSE. Now, the courts have decided that its okay to violate the Constitution, but that does NOT make it okay to do so. Once upon a time, in the Jim Crow days, the courts said it was okay to kill slaves that tried to escape. Their BS decision didNOT make it any less of a RIGHTS violation to murder a man fleeing a capture. The courts decisionsdoesn't make it okay to violate rights. It just means that cops won't get in trouble when they do it.

Because of bad court decisions, a 'frisk' is NOT a 'search.' You can be 'detained,' without being 'arrested.' If you read the amendments, you can clearly see that these court decisions are in opposition to your RIGHTS and the CONSTITUTION, and are therefore NULL and VOID! However, even though the court decisions are OBVIOUSLYa violation of yourRIGHTS, beause they are "court decisions"the cops won't get in trouble when theyso it.

Ask a cop to describe a "frisk" without using the word 'search.' But becausethey call it a 'frisk' and say "it's for safety," then it's somehow not a search? YEA RIGHT! It's an insult to anyone who can read. Further, it's NONSENSICAL! Am I more dangerous if I have a gun orsome otherweapon? Do I pose a greater threat to a cop? The answer to this question will establish your perception of your fellow Americans.

Cops are taught tofear us. They are taught that we could kill them at anymoment if they simply let their guard down, even once. They are taught that potential terrorists exists everywhere, and that gun owners, veterans, RON PAUL supporters, and people who wear blue jeans,areeverywhere, in the shadows, just waiting to blow a cop away. So naturally,they believe that armed Americans are dangerous Americans, and therefore the cops must violate our RIGHTS and make sure we are not armed, to be safe. Now statistically, nothing is further from the truth. It is more dangerous driving your truck around this country, than it is to be a cop,but they will violate our RIGHTS so they'llfeel safe.

As for military running checkpoints, use your favorite search engine. I recommend Startpage. The G-20 had local cops, sherriffs, cops from as far away as miami on JTFO's, national guard, US Army, and BLACKWATER (Xe) enforcing law in Pittsberg. They even used MILITARY WEAPONS against American citizens.

National Guard has run DUI Checkpoints inover adozen states over the last decade. Two montsh ago, when the TN goverenor said "no" to the military DUI checkpoints in his state, the DoD told him to f-ck off, and did it anyway.

NG drills are being run all over the country getting ready for martial law, as numerous members of congress warn the people of the coming crisis, and speak on the House floor about being threatened with martial law by the Secretary of Treasury and the Head of the FED.

Private mercenaries, FOREIGN TROOPS, and military in Montana, and other mid-western states, manning FEMA CAMPS, despite what Glen Beck (CIA agent) says. Search, "Montana Town Occupied By Private Paramilitary Security Force"

I would advise you to watch the POLICE STATE trilogy by Alex Jones. It'sa little outdated, but it will at least get you caught up. He is due to release "Fall of the Republic" in about a month, but if you have a good jumping off point for looking into it, you can get caught up on what's going on in OUR country!!! Don't dismiss this advice because you heard something negativeabout Alex Jones. Watch the videos, they are nothing more than documentary footage and interviews with local and fed cops and military.

And my last thought. Don't you insult me again. Acting like a Texan is NOT backing the Fed's on ANYTHING just because their cops. We certainly do NOT back, "feel good," measures that we ALL knowDO NOT work, butDO violate Americans GOD-GIVEN HUMAN RIGHTS.Texas have a specialclause in our contract with the Fed's that we will leave any time we want, because we don't want the FED'sin our business, EVER. We have the Texas Rangers so we don't need the Border Patrol. Certainly nota bunch of corrupt whores helping the CIA bring drugs, and illegal immigrantsinto this country. Ordo you doubt that happens?Instead of answering the calls of the Minutemen observing illegal entry by illegals AND Mexican MILITARY (act of WAR), BP is too busy, hundrends of miles away, hasseling American citizens, like you and me,at BS checkpoints, set up tolooking for Pepe driving down the road with a joint? How is that "feel good?"

A Texan uderstands that a person is a sovereign. That the state answers to its people, and the fed's answer to the state, NOT the other way around. Local government is SUPERIOR to distant government, and RIGHTS trump excuses for government intrusion. I am an American. I am a Texan. And I believe that we are endowed with GOD-GIVEN HUMAN RIGHTS that are NOT allowed to be violated just because some government IDIOTS can't figure out how to catch the "bad guy" without violating our RIGHTS and become bad guys themselves!!!

Now, seriously, if you don't know about the FEDERALIZATION and MILITARIZATION of our police forces... If you don't know about the MILITARY getting involved in law enforcement and the DoD's deployment ofthe 3rd ID 1st BCTstraight out of baghdad to the streets of the US... If you don't know about Robert Gates taking over the NG and placing them under CentComm command and calling for 700,000 TROOPSto be deployed in the US...If you don't know that the CIA brings the majority of drugs into this country... If you don't know that the prisons are being privatized for profit and the banks that own the prisons, and launder the CIA's drug money,lobby for more and more stupid laws totraphard working citizens andsend them to prison because they don't because problems...If you don't understand that our federal government work for a bunch of GLOBALIST CRIMINAL SCUM who are mostly foreigners usingOUR military as tax-payer provided security for their pipelines and drug traffic... then you need to get caught up. You have alot of ground to cover, good luck. If you do know these things, then you have got to help us protect our RIGHTS. We can't give up our rights so cops can feel safe. We can't give up our RIGHTS so they can catch bad guys. We can't give up our RIGHTS, to be protected. It doesn't work that way. I'm sure you know the quotes about trading liberties for safety.

"Government is NOT reason; it is NOT eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous SERVANT and a fearful master." - George Washington

"Necessity is a Tyrants cry and slaves creed."

Take care.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Well BP would be fed officials, lieing to a fed can get you locked up.
Telling the truth to a fed if they think is a lie, see above.
So answering any question a fed asks you can be used to lock you up.
What if your mother kidnapped you at birth, and you give them your name,
they find out you are not her child, but have now lied about your name to
them. While I was at my birth, I do not recall what name my parents
gave me. I know the one they call me by. But that is not a safe answer
to a fed official, same goes for my age, I can tell them when I got my SS#
and the name on it, as I do remember that, but any answer that require me
to know from third party info is fifth amend silence on my part.
When the courts start enforcing the constitution again, I will also allow
'harmless' intrusions into my life. Talking to a fed is anything but harmless.

What if you tell them what time it is, and a leap minute just happened, or
they are sitting on a time zone border. 5th amend until I have a written
grant of immunity in my hands.
Till that time, I want to talk to the mexican consulate! Is my only other answer.:what:
I am so greatfull they had no tazers when I grew up, all those shocks
I would have gotten can't be good. I have such a bad attitude.:lol:
I keep praying to get the long census form to no avail, I have been planning
on my answers for decades with documentation to support them.

KBCraig

imported post

Nice rant, FreeinTX. :cool:

I disagree with you about the veracity of anything coming from Alex Jones (if he said it was daylight, I'd assume it was night until I saw the sunshine myself), but other than that, we're pretty much of like mind.

I will note that immigrant control, like gun control, like substance control, is really all about people control.

Earlier this evening, I crossed from Texarkana, Texas, to Texarkana, Arkansas, to do some shopping for things I can't get on the west side of town. People live, work, shop, go to school, seek health care, etc., on both sides of the line, frequently crossing the line to do so. The culture, ethnicity, and language are the same on both sides of that line on the ground, much as it is for most of the neighboring cities along the Rio Grande.

I don't understand why someone crossing from El Paso to Juarez, or Del Rio to Acuña, Laredo to NL, Brownsville to Matamoros, etc., etc., etc., should suffer any more interruption to their shopping than I did earlier this evening. Those sister cities have traditionally enjoyed open trade, and at the end of the day, almost everyone crossed back to sleep in their own beds.

Current immigration and labor policies have made that impossible.

As I said, it's people control, and just like gun control and substance control, outlawing something that is in demand only creates a highly profitable black market for it.

FreeinTX

imported post

KB,

Well, I do agree with you, too. Mostly.

Umm, I do understand your point about the US border and I do understand the sentiment behind it. However, as long as our federal government is gonna just ignore the Constitution, and do things like hand out "entitlements" to every Tom, Dick, and Harry who can't or won't help themselves, then we gotta draw the line somewhere, andcall it a border. If for noother reason than just because, like a liferaft, the"government cheese" can only save so many souls. If the FED's would stop PRETENDING it is there to help us,stopINSISTING that we need their help, and stop FORCING their help and protection on us, for a 'modest' tax charge, of course, then I might actually agreewith your 'ideal.'

Of course, weMUST also deal with the Mexican federal government, too. Most notably, the fact that they arethe most corrupt government in the Western Hemisphere. As long asthe corrupt federal government of Mexicoinsists on controling their people, violating their people's GOD-GIVEN HUMAN RIGHTS,and keeping them in abject poverty to make a profit, that border will beconsidered a sanctuary by countless peasants suffering at the hands of a corrupt and oppressive Mexican federal government. The massive levels of corruption within the Mexican governmentare well established and well documented, and that border helps isolate us from that federal-level corruption.Most Mexican leaders spawn DIRECTLY from the narco-drug trade, the sex slavery, and/or thechild sex slavery industries, which our CIA facilitates, and our federal government tax-dollars subsidize.Industries that have a large part of the Mexicancountry in a psuedo-state of WAR. All this must stop and people must be held accountable long before efforts to erase a much needed border off the map.

But your right, ideally, we don't need the border at all. If the federal governments ofboth of our countries would just leave us alone, and allow us to live as we please, and allow us to suffer the consequences of ouractions instead of 'protecting' us from our own actions, the line between Juarez, Chihuahua and El Paso, Texas WOULD be asthe same as theline between Kansas City, MO andKansas City, KS.

However, I don't see the Mexican government cleaning up anytime soon and giving their people guarantees and protections against HUMAN RIGHTS violations by drug traffickers, greedy US and/or Mexican corporations, OR by local, orfederal authorities. I don't seetheir court systems turning around and beginning to work FOR THE PEOPLE, any timesoon. Nothing to indicate that things are getting better for the average peasant farmer in Mexico in the HUMAN RIGHTS areana.

I also, don't see our own government trying to make itself smaller. I don't see "entitlements" being dismantled. To the contrary, they are ever expanding, and now they want to add DEATHCARE to the mix. Can you imagine how much it would cost to insure the Mexican population in addition to the US population? How are the average American tax-payers gonna handle that?

No, we need that border. We DESPRITELY need that border. Both of our federal governments, the US and Mexico,are out of control.Our US federal government no longer recognizes the State as having soveriegnty, so the States borders have been all butrelegated toa line marker on a highway. The last thing we want is for them to expand their territory to include a corrupt and criminal Mexican government and expand their efforts to work togetherin oppressing us all.

As for Alex Jones. Again, what I said was that if you don't know that our federal government is trying to federalize and militarize ALL law enforcement, and usher ina POLICE STATE and declare MARTIAL LAW to restrict our BASIC GOD-GIVEN HUMAN RIGHTS and enslave us all.... if you don't KNOW that, you need to watch Alex Jones' POLICE STATE trilogy. You can watch it for free at Google video, just type in the names Police State 2000, Police State 2 the Takeover, and Police State 3 Total Enslavement along with Alex Jones and the movie link will pop up.

Just watch the videos. You don't have to agree with Alex to watch his movies. I don't agree with what Micheal Moorer says most of the time, I still watch his flicks, and eagerly await "Capitalism: A Love Affair."What he calls, "capitalism," some call, "crony-ism," I call it FASCISM, but I digress. If you watch these 3 AJ videos, you can watch and listen to REAL PEOPLE, not actors, doing military takeover drills, forced quarantine drills, FEMA CAMP drills, on and on and on in preparation fo MARTIAL LAW, total military law enforcment, andCIVILIAN INMATE FORCED LABOR CAMPS aka FEMA camps. (Use you search engine and that all caps term, you'll pull up the DoD's ownwebsite, and read the DoD's own plans for this exact thing was developed in 1984 as a part of REX84)

And again, these flicks are a bit out-dated. In 2000, the USARMY was pulling busses in Texas over on the side of the road and doing shake-downs, now it's routine military checkpoints in over 2 dozen states, and routine military and private mercenary law enforcemnt in small towns and protests. I'M NOT KIDDING! In Police State 3 Total Enslavement it was military running drills hiding from the press. Today, it live military actions and beating the presswith batons and breaking their equipmentfor reporting on the ILLEGAL military law enforcment actions. Before it was undercover cops in crowds spying on people. Now, it agent provacatuers being sent into crowds to start violence to give police the authority to come in and tear protesters apart.

Now Jones is due to release another Police State type video soon, called Fall of the Republic. I strongly earge people who are unaware of the federal governments take-over attempts to watch the new video coming out. Again, You don't have to agree with Alex Jones to watch a video of US ARMY using MILITARY WEAPONS on American citizens, or to watch a copy of a news segment about the FBI paying 60,000 preachers to go around misinterperting the Bible and Romans 13 to convince people to give up their firearms, go to FEMA camps, and take untested vaccines to prevent the spread of MAN MADE flu's that have been released ON PURPOSE. And I simply can't sight the hundreds of sources that are disseminated in his hour and a half long video simply becausesomeone doesn't agree withAlex Jones'opinion.

As for Alex Jones, himself. He asys it. I say it. And people who are awake say it all the time. Don't believe ANYTHING that you don't verify for yourself. Most of the time Jones just reads newspaper articles that the main stream media seem to over look. Usually the ones about the total loss of lilberty and human rights in this country, and in the UK. (The Watson Bros. at Prison Planet are Limey) Did you know there are cameras in every room of 20,000 British citizens homes?Making sure they are good parents. And as goes in the UK so goes in the USA.Los Angeles CPS is proposing cameras be placed in the homes of"learning challenged"parentsto make sure they are doing a good job raising their kid. But there are MANY others to listen to if you don't like how PO'ed AJ gets from time to time.

Joyce Riley at the Powerhour. Dr. Katherine Albrect (spychips). Officer Jack McLamb (most decorated officer in Arizon State Patrol history). Micheal Rivero (What Really Happened). Gorge Gordon. Micheal Whitehearst Berry. Maybe a Webster Tarpley, or a Dr. Stan Montiff. The best up and comers Randy Kelton and Debrah Stevens at RULE OF LAW RADIO. And folks if you haven't heard these guys, youMUST. They discuss the law.Oh man is it AWESOME. Makes you eager to go out and find a crooked cop and slap him with a CRIMINAL COMPLAINT if he even looks atyou funny. And try to tell these guys that Texas Traffic codes apply to non-commerical travelers, see what happens. LOL It's a hoot. Seriously, check them out at RULE OF LAW RADIO. You will enjoy them very much.

So, thanks for the reply, and be sure and check out those guys if you can't stand AJ, but be sure and watch the flicks, AJ opinion aside, it's important info.

Tomahawk

imported post

FreeinTX wrote:
Umm, I do understand your point about the US border and I do understand the sentiment behind it. However, as long as our federal government is gonna just ignore the Constitution, and do things like hand out "entitlements" to every Tom, Dick, and Harry who can't or won't help themselves, then we gotta draw the line somewhere, andcall it a border.

Don't you find a contradiction in complaining about how the fed gov violates the constitution by taxing and handing out entitlements, and then asking the very same fed gov to jack up its citizens at borders because it won't fix its other problems?

It's like your dad is beating you with a stick, so you ask him to buy you a helmet so it won't hurt so bad.

FreeinTX

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Don't you find a contradiction in complaining about how the fed gov violates the constitution by taxing and handing out entitlements, and then asking the very same fed gov to jack up its citizens at borders because it won't fix its other problems?

It's like your dad is beating you with a stick, so you ask him to buy you a helmet so it won't hurt so bad.

Who says they are "jacking citizens up at the border?" They have the authority to see proof of US citizenship prior to entry into this country. That is allowed, and acceptable. Checking ID'sat the border islegal, and does NOT violate the law, or the Constitution, therefore, it's okay enough for me. If they go beyond that, then file a CRIMINAL COMPLAINT because they will have brokenlaws that are still enforced. But the guys who go out and illegally violate a man's rights at random roadside checkpoints are NOT necessarily the same as the guys who legally man the border and keep illegals out. It's RIGHTS (as protected by the Constitution) VIOLATIONS vs Law Enforcement of the border.

Besides, even if we could fix our own problems, to rid ourselves of that border,Mexico would have to fix their problems, too. Let's not forget that the Mexican border protectsus from the Mexican government, too. That bunch of scum make BILLIONS of the drug, sex, and child sex raquets. The current President, Calderon,is right out of the child sex slavery industry in Mexico's south.

Even if we could solve all the US problems with federal interference, we still have to deal with Mexico's problems before we could even consider making border changes. And I just don't see that happening. Especially, since wecan't even get conmtrol of our federal government.

Idon't see either the US fed's or the Mexican government giving up theirpowers and authorities, and I don't see any moves to have them removed from power, either. Calderon should be charged with CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY, instead he is President of Mexico. But hey, Bush and Cheney should spend some time in federal PRISON for their lies and crimes, yet they run around free, too. Obama is complict in the crimes. Cheney even braggs about the need for torture to "keep us safe." A Vice President who ran DEATH SQUADS out of the White House, and justifies TORTURE of kids to get info from parents like Kaleed Sheik Mohammed. Did you know they waterboarded him over 300 times, and he didn't talk until they tortured his kid by stickingthe CHILDin a light tight, metal box with spiders he was afraid of. Then KSM confessed to 9/11, a whole bunch of bombings, why he even confessed to blowing up a bank that wasn't even built until after his capture.

I'm tellin ya, the world is turning sick, and the more power we hand to fewer people the worse it's going to get. So, while you may wish for a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT and a NORTH AMERICAN UNION, it is not only BAD for us, for our country, and for our rights, freedoms, and liberties, it's also BAD for the people of Mexico who are already suffering at the hands of a corrupt and greedy fascist state, and BAD for the world who looks to our Constitution as the ideal form of government they hope will one day protect them from their oppressive governments.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
FreeinTX wrote:
So, while you may wish for a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT and a NORTH AMERICAN UNION,
WTF are you talking about? Who wants that? Where did you get this impression?

Its a rhetorical device we use in the South. It don't mean "you" as in you personally, or even the reader. It means you as in "anybody."

Bein' as how you're from up north originally, we can unnerstand how you'd not know that.

:):p

FreeinTX

imported post

Tomahawk,

Citizens was right, I didn't mean YOU you, I mean the reader, you.

But thanks for replying.

I've been kicking araound what I said in my reply to your comments for the last 2 days. I've gone back over Article 1 section 8, and really can't find a good reason to put federal anything on our border to hassle non-commercial persons crossing the border. I looked in Article 2, and couldn't find anything that said anything about securing the border in that sence, either.We both agree it doesn't work anyway, and, no doubt, subjectspeople, innocent or otherwise, to RIGHTS violations.

I don't believe that people's rights should be violated just to make sure your indigenous to your destination. Allowing people (calling them the authorities) to stop someone, anyone, ask them questions, id them, give them the once over, none of it should be justified by a "need" to stop illegal immigration. Certainly, since it doesn't work anyway, and these federal copsare not capable of staying within ANY perview of their authority anyway. We have laws to prevent illegals from coming in and getting jobs, and using our "entitlements," and those laws are legal, and Constitutional, even if the "entitlements" are not.

We should punish those who violate the law, no doubt. But Tomahawk is right, putting federal thugs on the border to shake down tourists isn't gonna stop the flow of illegals into this country, and there are plenty of unenforced laws that could be focused on that would do a much better job at stopping the flow of illegals into this country. So put federal "checkpoints" on the border to control the flow of commerce. That's a commercial thing, and the fed's have authority over that. Enforce the laws that require citizenship to get a job, or "entitlements." Proof may be an issue, since no id is required in the US, but ....

Sorry, I gotta go. I'll write more later.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DocNTexas wrote:
SNIP...what is the real harm in Rollin down your window and answering a couple of quick questions at a check point? I understand that you feel it is an invasion of your privacy, your rights and so on and perhaps it is to a degree but the alternative is to not do anything and I feel that is worse.

Just a few points to add to the several good ones already made. Hitting it from other angles.

Rights don't require an explanation or justification. That is why they are called rights. It really is that simple. The reasons and justifications were figured out a long time ago. By men a lot wiser than me. Men whoknew of the infringements against which theBill of Rightsguards.

Separately, any given criminal can only affect so many people. A bad government affects every single person in its jurisdiction.

I might add that the Bill of Rights distills almost 600 years of law on rights--counting from Magna Carta. Six hundred years of slowly fighting, bleeding, suffering and dying to aquire the rights contained in the Bill of Rights. William Penn helped gain religious freedom and helped re-establish jury rights. I forget who did away with the infamous Star Chamber court--an evil against which our 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination protects.

Writsof Assistance--aform of infamous general warrant--almoststarted the American Revolution if John Adams is to be believed. General warrants are literally one of the very things our 4th Amendment protects against.

There is an awful lot of human suffering at the hands of government, and blood and treasure, behind the rights we have today.

DocNTexas

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Rights don't require an explanation or justification. That is why they are called rights. It really is that simple. The reasons and justifications were figured out a long time ago. By men a lot wiser than me. Men whoknew of the infringements against which theBill of Rightsguards.

I agree, however, rights have limitations also. No law can be written to cover EVERY circumstance that might exist and must be continually reviewed and have their application clarified in order to accommodate changing conditions. For example, freedom of speech does not include the right to scream "FIRE" in a crowded theater or to slander another person. The same is true for all laws and amendments. It is ridiculous to think that our forefathers in drafting these laws and rights meant them to be inflexible for changing conditions. As long as the generalintent remainswhen determining application then theright is intact.

Citizen wrote:

Separately, any given criminal can only affect so many people. A bad government affects every single person in its jurisdiction.

I take this to saw that you would rather have criminals running around the country than to allow the government even the slightest right to try and identify the criminal element if doing someans asking you to provide identification or answer a few questions. Personally, I would rather answer a few questions.

Citizen wrote:
Writsof Assistance--aform of infamous general warrant--almoststarted the American Revolution if John Adams is to be believed. General warrants are literally one of the very things our 4th Amendment protects against.

You are absolutely right, however, the 4th amendment does not remove the use of warrants completely. It has limits and so do allother rights.

Citizen wrote:

There is an awful lot of human suffering at the hands of government, and blood and treasure, behind the rights we have today.
Once again, I agree and I support these rights and have and will fight to maintain them as an instrumental part of this nation. At the same time, I realize that law enforcement requires a reasonable degree of operating room to be effective. Since law enforcement officers are human, there will be bad apples and we must continually fight to keep them in check, butbinding their hands is not the answer.

This country has become the country of the offended. Every day someone is screaming that their rights are being violated. We have gone from no organized prayer atschool events to no child is allowed to pray in school. We are so worried about violating someones rights that we can not function in society any more. Even the illegals fromcross the border are screaming and filing suits over here that their rightunder our own constitution are being violated. Some will not be happy until it is where no one tells them or asks them anything. It is sort of like Katrina and the other catastrophic events. Days before government officials go in and tell them to evacuate but hell no, the government can't tell me to leave my property. The when they find themselves in a pickle it is where the hell is the government to save me?

Another thought, our constitution has provisions to change any part of it. What do we do when enough outsiders are over here to take over the political system and they decide to make these changes? These rights are only rights as long as they remain on the books and they can be changed or removed. The Democratic party used this idea to their advantage this past election by offering to open the southern border and make anyone already here legal all in order to draw the Hispanic vote. They decided that if they can't get the American people to vote them in they will import new people who will.

I do support the constitution but I am not so worried about the government taking over that I would rather have criminals running the streets than to allow the government to try to identify them. My government does concern me and they often do things that I find outrageous and I agree that many aspects of the government need to be revamped, but I do not agree that stripping them of power is the answer. I fight daily for change and I recognize that some fights are more important than others in the big picture.

Initially, the U.S. government was established under the Articles with focus on giving government as little power as they could. Unfortunately, it was quickly found that the articles were so restrictive that the government could not even operate effectivelyand itimpossible to accomplish anything. As such, the Articles were scrapped and the Constitution as we know it was enacted. While our forefathers based our government on 600 years of experience they did not get it right the first time and they recognized that being too restrictive essentially preventedeffective function and made the necessary changes. The same is true today. As situations change, we have to allow the government enough room to function.

I appreciate your opinions and I try not to change your mind, rather to give you another perspective to consider.

Doc

usaf0906

imported post

For example, freedom of speech does not include the right to scream "FIRE" in a crowded theater or to slander another person. The same is true for all laws and amendments. It is ridiculous to think that our forefathers in drafting these laws and rights meant them to be inflexible for changing conditions. As long as the generalintent remainswhen determining application then theright is intact.

You wrong sir about freedom of speech. I am free to yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater all I want. When I get arrested, it has nothing to do with my "excessive freedom of speech" but everything to do with violating the "agreement" between said theater and the crowd.

When you say "inflexible for changing conditions" it worries me. Does this mean that because the forefathers couldnt predict the type of firearms we have now that the second amendment doesnt apply to them? What about TV and radio and the internet, these new forms of media allow the spreading of slander at lightning speed, surely this wasnt the intent of the forefathers..

Our rights do not have exceptions, they are a package deal; clearly written and specifically worded.

Thundar

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
If your not a full blooded native american then we all should be deported and rightfully so.If that is ideolgy that this country is beliving in since its not our country.
B.S. My ancestors stole their land fair and square.