• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chesterfield Man arrested for open carrying NEAR a school

MSC 45ACP

Don't really have the heart to follow Calif. What the hell is unloaded OC anyway?

I really feel for the California folks, too. Have they had any documented cases of U-OC'ers having their pistols stolen at knife or gunpoint?

I think if I were in CA and forced to "Unloaded Open Carry", I would try to keep a loaded magazine in my "off-hand" as much as possible... I bet some of those folks on the Left Coast are pretty darn good at rapid-loading!!! It still isn't enough, though. You can't load and draw fast enough to 'get the drop' on someone that already has you at gunpoint. WTF were they thinking with this silly@$$ law???

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I really feel for the California folks, too. Have they had any documented cases of U-OC'ers having their pistols stolen at knife or gunpoint?

I think if I were in CA and forced to "Unloaded Open Carry", I would try to keep a loaded magazine in my "off-hand" as much as possible... I bet some of those folks on the Left Coast are pretty darn good at rapid-loading!!! It still isn't enough, though. You can't load and draw fast enough to 'get the drop' on someone that already has you at gunpoint. WTF were they thinking with this silly@$$ law???

The Californians must keep their loaded magazines exposed as well (if I recall correctly) and thus they should be available for grabbing quickly. It's not so much a matter of any law that directs them to carry that way, it's that with all of the other restrictions on gun carry in California, unloaded open carry is the only way to carry a gun without their version of a concealed handgun permit.

* Regarding this thread I too am looking forward to hearing what has progressed in this case.

riverrat10k

Ok, found the court case# on this thread....

and looked it up. Appears a continuance to 5/19. Does anyone know anything about this guy other than from the news reports? Has anyone tried to contact him or his attorney?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I just found a record of this case in the Chesterfield General District Court records. The alleged offender Aebian Alkabily of Midlothian, has been charged and prosecuted with violation of Virginia Code 18.2-308.1 "Firearm possession at a school". As of the last court date, 4/14/2011, the case has been continued until 5/19/2011 at 8:30 a.m. The case number is #GC11002216-00 and Mr. Alkabily's defense attorney is Peter Baruch. Mr. Alkabily remains in the custody of the county.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
and looked it up. Appears a continuance to 5/19. Does anyone know anything about this guy other than from the news reports? Has anyone tried to contact him or his attorney?

Chesterfield General District Court
Case number GC11002216-00
http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/g...anding=landing .

If the defendant is indeed still in custody, I'd really like to know why?
It has been month since the original incident!
What is it we do not know?

I did place a call (left message) to the attorney of record. He choose to not return my call. :(

Information has been received that the defendant is no longer being held in Chesterfield county jail - do not know the circumstances of his release.

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
His sister-in-law Tiffany Ball, mentioned in one of the articles lives in the general area and her contact information is readily available via WhitePages.com and his brother Safwan Alkabily works in the general area. If the lawyer is stonewalling, I'd think it'd be possible to get information to Aebian (aka Ivin, Chesterfield GDC has it wrong as Ivan) via either of these two. Both are readily available via Facebook as well.

Last edited:

riverrat10k

Got a response from the man's attorney.

Mr. (Riverrat)

Unfortunately, I will not discuss the case while it is still pending. Perhaps after the case is resolved we can discuss the situation, but I have to honor my client’s confidentiality and do not wish to adversely affect his trial. Thanks.

So I guess we will just have to wait and see.
I mentioned in my e-mail to him that members of this forum often help out if we believe the charges are unjust.
Did NOT mention how we flush those found wanting down the toilet! Keeping this one on my follow-up list.

ocholsteroc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUIxrfKPZX4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Watch this video @ 3:45

There is another video showing back in the 60's people carrying LOADED rifles and not just holsterd.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUIxrfKPZX4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Watch this video @ 3:45

There is another video showing back in the 60's people carrying LOADED rifles and not just holsterd.

The 60's and especially the 70's are misrepresented in the history books.
It wasn't a generation of long haired hippies taking drugs and putting flowers in the barrels of National Guard Guns.

Most of the time we were looking for a fight. The only reason the Guardsmen were not killed at Kent State was because one Professor who was popular, stopped a crowd of several hundred on the way to serve justice...and talked them out of it.

The 70's had more domestic bombings that anytime in history.

There was Campus carry despite the law.

The country didn't lose it's gonads until Disco was invented!:uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The 60's and especially the 70's are misrepresented in the history books.
It wasn't a generation of long haired hippies taking drugs and putting flowers in the barrels of National Guard Guns.

Most of the time we were looking for a fight. The only reason the Guardsmen were not killed at Kent State was because one Professor who was popular, stopped a crowd of several hundred on the way to serve justice...and talked them out of it.

The 70's had more domestic bombings that anytime in history.

There was Campus carry despite the law.

The country didn't lose it's gonads until Disco was invented!:uhoh:

Was just talking about that the other day coming back from Surry. My old home town was the scene of riots, looting and burning, but little of it made the press outside of the immediate area. That was mid '60s and the press was busy with other things.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It has been continued again until the 13th of July at 1300. He remains in custody.

Kinda looks like it but for the life of me, I can't find out what it is.
I'm starting to wonder if we have to start carrying a GPS in addition to a video and audio recorder.:cry:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There is a decided eue de sewer emanating from this - just can't determine from which side of the isle.........yet.

Fenris

I believe all civilian GPS units lack the ability to be precise. Do you really want to carry something that may say you were on school property when you were actually really 50 feet away?

The only solution is never walk anywhere. Just stay in your car. That's why God made drive throughs.