• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chipotle caves...

Blk97F150

^^ :banana::banana:

(I don't have a 'clapping smiley' so a couple of Dancing Banana's will have to do...)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
^^ :banana::banana:

(I don't have a 'clapping smiley' so a couple of Dancing Banana's will have to do...)

You might like to copy and save these to a folder as I have done:
Clapping Hands Above Head
Clapping Happy
Clapping

or the C & P the thumbs up from below
icon14.png

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You list some of the prerequisites of argumentation as in debate and even formal forensics, missing only the commitment to concord, agreement. You mistake public discussion for (semi)private dialogue.

The topic of discussion here is not so narrow or constrained to permit any but a mob-like atmosphere by the movement as its leadahs try to herd cats or push a string.
In polite debating, one must be prepared to argue either side - forces one to look at all issues.

Would prefer to think we can come together with a unified front as opposed to a rable rousing group.

Cats can be herded with the right kind of box canyon fencing and a string or rope can be pushed if one were to freeze it solid enough.

Never say never, as somebody will find a way....might be outside the box, but there is strength in diversity and the talents of many.

Doc_Smith

So I like how this thread is 90% not about Chipotle. Anyway. I'm at Fort Lee and they opened a location in Colonial Heights. I was there last night while OCing. No one in the shop has ever mentioned that they are not OC friendly. Is this just a Texas thing or is it the whole chain? Last night was not the only time either. I've been there maybe once every other week for the past 2 months while OCing.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So I like how this thread is 90% not about Chipotle. Anyway. I'm at Fort Lee and they opened a location in Colonial Heights. I was there last night while OCing. No one in the shop has ever mentioned that they are not OC friendly. Is this just a Texas thing or is it the whole chain? Last night was not the only time either. I've been there maybe once every other week for the past 2 months while OCing.

Looks like it's the whole chain Doc, but remember, just like Starbucks, they didn't prohibit OC, they just asked people not do it. I'm sure management has been instructed not to approach OCers.

solus

[video=youtube;Pk7yqlTMvp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8&feature=kp[/video]

this shows it isn't that hard...

ipse

va_tazdad

The stupidity continues, good job boys, NOT

http://news.yahoo.com/sonic-chilis-ask-customers-keep-guns-restaurants-201538229--sector.html

Sonic and Chilis join the list of companies that don't like long gun carry and are now publically opposed to guns in their businesses.

Tell me again why long gun carry into restaurants isn't dumb? I understand self defense open and cc, but not long gun carry.

Open Carry Texas said on its Facebook page it would "cease taking long guns into corporate businesses unless invited."

ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
http://news.yahoo.com/sonic-chilis-ask-customers-keep-guns-restaurants-201538229--sector.html

Sonic and Chilis join the list of companies that don't like long gun carry and are now publically opposed to guns in their businesses.

Tell me again why long gun carry into restaurants isn't dumb? I understand self defense open and cc, but not long gun carry.

Open Carry Texas said on its Facebook page it would "cease taking long guns into corporate businesses unless invited."

ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!

Plus 1 Taz.....

There is going to be a serious push in the GA this year to remove local government offices from preemption. We don't need any additional problems.... and that is the real world for the sidewalk preachers to look at.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Lost in all of this mumbo jumbo is the fact that we have the actors of de-civilzation (MDA, Bloomberg's crew, etc.) who are raising a stink to push these businesses into making a deplorable moral request: Disarm and be subject to the whims of mad men who won't abide our request anyway, or stay out.

It's a pretty disgusting request and probably the least civilized thing a person could ask; but it's part of the ultimate goal of the "gun sense" folks. Don't forget this. When shall-issue concealed carry laws were catching traction, these gun-banners screamed "This is terrible because we won't know who is armed!" and when sidearm open carry began to gain wider adoption these same uncivilized creatures screamed "We don't want to see your guns!" Well folks that only leaves one option for them and that's to ban them altogether; but that's just downright unacceptable to good, moral people who simply want to go about their days, provide for themselves and their family, and ensure they can respond to grave threats when they arise. Unfortunately their howling has caught the ear of these businesses who don't understand that the "disarm or stay out" request is pretty disgusting.

While we can certainly provide SOME focus on the nitwits in our midst who occasionally behave in a manner that can cause heartburn for businesses, our primary goal is to: Expose the true goals of Mom's Demand Action and their cronies; and show American families and business owners just what a sickening plan they have. We don't live in a dream world where the unlawful suddenly abide a mere request or a meager law after they've set out to harm and kill and break much harsher laws. No, we live in the real world where people get killed when they don't have arms for response. Tolerance for that scenario has to end.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Plus 1 Taz.....

There is going to be a serious push in the GA this year to remove local government offices from preemption. We don't need any additional problems.... and that is the real world for the sidewalk preachers to look at.

Then for all practical purposes there would no preemption. Don't see the House of Delegates going that route.

Of real concern to me is that our faux governor will try by executive decision to turn all agencies into No Gun enclaves, and the pseudo AG will back him.

Kaine is starting to look like a Crown Jewel.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Then for all practical purposes there would no preemption. Don't see the House of Delegates going that route.

Of real concern to me is that our faux governor will try by executive decision to turn all agencies into No Gun enclaves, and the pseudo AG will back him.

Kaine is starting to look like a Crown Jewel.

I don't know Grape. Next year is shaping up to be a real show. Legislation is already in the works for a number of things. The city of Richmond is going to take a real stab at guns in Council meetings, as you said, our dear Governor is plotting with Lori and the AG is working with the Humane Society (a former client)...

As you are aware, long guns are already illegal to have loaded in vehicles in certain localities and Garrett's bill last year is a window to what may happen like maybe...OC of long Guns by permit only.

It's going to be very unstable until the next election and if things don't change, even after that.

ChristCrusader

Open Carry Texas
29 mins ·
Did you know?
Open Carry Texas members have always sought permission to enter an establishment prior to going in with our firearms. This has been part of our philosophy since day one and it has worked, with hundreds of businesses across the state 100% in support of what we do and how we do it.

In fact, Jack In The Box management invited that group in with open arms and those patriots there had great conversations about how semi-automatic guns work with the few customers inside. No one inside called the police and no one hid in a freezer, contrary to media reports.

In Chipotle, not only were we invited in, we had two UNIFORMED police officers with us inside the restaurant. Not eating here, mind you, WITH US. There were ten people at that event, not just the two in the photo that the anti-gun media used against us. In fact, that photo was taken expressly because those two patriots were on their FIRST walk with us. Chipotle managements welcome us in with open arms because "we feel safer when you guys are in here." No one called the cops and no one complained to management.

As for the Sonic issue, our group in San Antonio has been welcomed at so many Sonic drive-ins in the area, that they forgot our basic tenet of calling first. Most of the Sonic we have been to in that area even provide us with free drinks because, again, they know they won't be robbed while we are there and they appreciate what we are doing. In the latest manufactured controversy, our San Antonio simply didn't think they needed to call since they assumed all the Sonic were just as friendly. This particular Sonic was a new one and by not calling, they didn't know how they would be received. Obviously, it backfired, but it highlights why we insist that our members call first before going into an establishment or send someone unarmed in first. It was a simple mistake that highlights another tenet of our philosophy: if asked to leave we will do so. We respect private property rights.

Every single "controversy" involving OCT members didn't originate in Texas. Rather, the problems were created out of thin air by #guncontrolextremists who haven't event stepped foot in our state, much less the restaurants in which we have been welcomed with open arms. Because none of these establishments have banned guns - only asked we not bring them openly - many of those same franchise owners and managers have reached out to us and said we are still welcome with our guns at their stores. However, out of respect for the corporate request, we have still asked our members not to take their long arms with them.

Don't believe the liberal media. We are dedicated to the SAFE and LEGAL carry of firearms and our mission will not stop until we get open carry of handguns passed in Texas and become the 46th state to do so.
https://www.facebook.com/OpenCarryTexas/posts/699489893430967

Last edited by a moderator: