• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Choice of caliber, .45 instead of 9mm

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

ixtow wrote:
Why not carry 3 guns in 3 different calibers?

Beretta 984 in .22lr
Ruger P89 in 9mm
And a Rock Island 1911 :p
Why not just say screw it and get a BFR in .45/70?
http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expan...715A=3e8058ce25ef21991f0b2344f9e1351811bea2d7

BFR_Long-Cyl_t.jpg

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I do have a contender with a 10" barrel in .45/70.... Hmmm.... 500 grain cast bullets too...

Is it still a 'small arm' is is it a howitzer with a handle?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ixtow wrote:

Beretta 984 in .22lr
Ruger P89 in 9mm
And a Rock Island 1911  :p
Well I got the third one covered, but I still haven't solved the quandary of the unlicensed backup gun.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

ixtow wrote:

Beretta 984 in .22lr
Ruger P89 in 9mm
And a Rock Island 1911 :p
Ooh! I have one even better.

Why not carry one gun with 3 barrels (22, 9, 45) all fired by a single trigger?!

That way you can cover the odds every time you fire your weapon! :lol:

smash29

imported post

AZkopper wrote:
smash29 wrote:
the only question now is do I buy a Glock or a XD? 
And this line alone can continue this argument in a new direction for another 4 pages...

That was my point. Glock v. XD is about as old as 9mm v. .45, everyone has their thoughts/opinions and nobody is likely to have their mind changed.

Legba

imported post

A 45/70 revolver????? Cheebzus. I thought guns were supposed to inflict more damage on the target than onthe shooter. You'd break your hand using the damned thing.

-ljp