• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Christianity and self defense

stealthyeliminator

Yes those pesky children that were wiped out by a flood or killed by his chosen children because they were born on a plot of land he promised them.
Wrathful against sin he gets to define, demanding a blood sacrifice yet if he was the all powerful he could have just made man perfect again.

lol, whining about judgment that you don't even have to face like it isn't fair. "It isn't fair that I'm subject to judgment! God should have just made me perfect again!" "But... You can be righteous in his eyes... He provided a way..." *plugs ears* "It's not fair! It's not fair!"

solus

sysadm thanks for not disappointing...didn't think your would provide insight into your 14 years baptist education or your ordainment claim...

and your search capabilities over the internet seem a bit week...as i am sorry to continue to advise egomablah is not a viable disorder or even a criteria of NPD and there is no current reference to it on the APA's site.

if as you say "Praying for something is no guarantee that what we pray for will occur." prayer doesn't work...uh, why engage in the practice...except the practice makes the prayee feel better?

so the use of the term 'scholar' was an attempt to bolster your status or standing on your 14 years of religious education...hummm now that perception is a criteria for NPD
quote: B1a. Grandiosity: Feelings of entitlement, either overt or covert; self-centeredness; firmly holding to the belief that one is better than others; condescending toward others. unquote

dear friend, one must believe their soul exists, two requires saving; with those premises agreed upon, three, wishes to abrogate that saving activity to someone else.

finally, i am afraid my intellectual integrity is quite firmly in place as i can read, understand the secular & empirically based research concerning the dark undercurrents of religious hostility and am fasinated watching it repeat itself with ISIL's current religious zeal as they build their caliphate.

dear friend, to alleviate any further anguish & anxiety, trust me when i state, much to your chagrin, my mental health is in excellent shape and while much to your consternation my soul is not in need of salvation. as stated many times out here...upon my passing, whomever or whatever i meet someplace in the cosmos, i will know i have lived my life free of the burden of some wrathful deity and offer a game of backgammon to decide my fate.

now that you have done your due diligence of proselytizing your perception of a wayward soul, always remember, empirical data wins every time.

ipse

sudden valley gunner

lol, whining about judgment that you don't even have to face like it isn't fair. "It isn't fair that I'm subject to judgment! God should have just made me perfect again!" "But... You can be righteous in his eyes... He provided a way..." *plugs ears* "It's not fair! It's not fair!"

I do believe you missed my point.

I have no bone to pick with christians like yourself. You are not hypocritically trying to twist your belief into individuals having power over other individuals. My understanding of your belief is it is individual and god.

I believe this was the Jewish carpenters message too. Which is why I say he is anarchistic. Realizing the whole political system of this world lies in the hands of Satan, something he did not refute or deny when tempted.

drsysadmin

Yes those pesky children that were wiped out by a flood or killed by his chosen children because they were born on a plot of land he promised them.
Wrathful against sin he gets to define, demanding a blood sacrifice yet if he was the all powerful he could have just made man perfect again.

SVG - in an attempt to not derail this further, I have responded to you here:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...d-A-response&p=2176038&viewfull=1#post2176038

I suspect a thread in the Social Lounge for discussions/debate on Christianity is more appropriate.

stealthyeliminator

I do believe you missed my point.

I have no bone to pick with christians like yourself. You are not hypocritically trying to twist your belief into individuals having power over other individuals. My understanding of your belief is it is individual and god.

I believe this was the Jewish carpenters message too. Which is why I say he is anarchistic. Realizing the whole political system of this world lies in the hands of Satan, something he did not refute or deny when tempted.
I think I did miss the point, sorry then.

Also unrealized after posting I might come off as attacking being that I'm so sarcastic, but I trust you know I didn't mean it that way. Hopefully. :)

drsysadmin

your search capabilities over the internet seem a bit week...as i am sorry to continue to advise egomablah is not a viable disorder or even a criteria of NPD and there is no current reference to it on the APA's site.

As I stated - I never clamed egomania was a disorder. You just can't stop being lying about what others say, can you? Your pride won't let you acknowledge you've stepped in it. Well, lets show how wrong you are on a number of counts... I stated you should search on the term Narcissistic Personality Disorder. If you do, guess what shows up....
View attachment 12909View attachment 12910

As you can see - a search at APA (psycnet.apa.org - which I provided earlier) shows that NPD is a "viable disorder". Oh - and as for egomania - try looking at Stedmans....
View attachment 12911
Its the highlighted term...

if as you say "Praying for something is no guarantee that what we pray for will occur." prayer doesn't work...uh, why engage in the practice...except the practice makes the prayee feel better?
Solus - why do people apply for jobs when they know their is no guarantee that they will be successful? Surely you have applied for a job you didn't have a guarantee you would get, no? Did you - or do the rest of us - do so merely because it makes you or us feel better? Of course not. Prayer is no different - it is the ASKING for something while not being able to control the outcome. Having been turned down for a job at some point, your view would indicate that every person who has ever been told "no" after an application should then just stop trying to get a job. To say that is a silly course of action to encourage is an understatement. When we pray FOR things (as compared to when we pray to give thanks and offer worship) Christians are doing little more than "asking" for something that we do not have the power to directly make happen ourselves.

finally, i am afraid my intellectual integrity is quite firmly in place as i can read
so the use of the term 'scholar' was an attempt to bolster your status or standing on your 14 years of religious education...
Apparently you can NOT read as I made it clear the use was a mockery. Oh wait - you can read - you just can't keep from lying about was stated.
[/quote]Regarding me being a "scholar" - please note that the quotations are indicative of me mocking the title itself [/quote] See http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...self-defense&p=2175970&viewfull=1#post2175970

Yep - that's intellectual integrity alright....

[/quote] hummm now that perception is a criteria for NPD quote: B1a. Grandiosity: Feelings of entitlement, either overt or covert; self-centeredness; firmly holding to the belief that one is better than others; condescending toward others. [/quote]
Yes - it is - condescending is exactly what you are when you try to belittle Christianity and those that believe in it. Feelings of entitlement and the belief that one is better than others - as in when you felt you were ENTITLED to state what I believed without knowing (see the end of my post #152 on this thread) and where YOU FELT YOU WERE SO MUCH BETTER THAN OTHERS that you were ENTITLED to define what "appropriate knowledge" on the subject of Christian faith. Given that you show the criteria for NPD throughout this thread, you might want to rethink this claim....
[/quote]dear friend, to alleviate any further anguish & anxiety, trust me when i state, much to your chagrin, my mental health is in excellent shape/quote]

Now on to:
one must believe their soul exists, two requires saving; with those premises agreed upon, three, wishes to abrogate that saving activity to someone else.
But that premise is not agreed upon. Again you feel that you are entitled to expect everyone to agree with you, and such is not the case.

much to your consternation my soul is not in need of salvation. as stated many times out here...upon my passing, whomever or whatever i meet someplace in the cosmos, i will know i have lived my life free of the burden of some wrathful deity and offer a game of backgammon to decide my fate.

Oh you are quite funny, dear solus. You have spent post after post claiming you haven't said where you stood on salvation and thus I couldn't "know" your view on it. Now, after being called out on your earlier statements, you finally own them. The mere idea that you would offer a game of backgammon to decide your fate, however, does show how badly your soul is in need of salvation.

now that you have done your due diligence of proselytizing your perception of a wayward soul
If you do not wish to be seen as wayward soul, perhaps you should reconsider interjecting your vitriol against the Christian faith into a discussion on what that faith says and calling the main tenant of the faith a "myth". One could hardly expect a different outcome when you decide to turn a discussion on one matter of faith into a series of verbal traps designed to bash the faithful. Perhaps if you came into a discussion without an agenda against Christians the results would be different.

empirical data wins every time.
Which is why I have used your own statements as factual data to demonstrate what I have stated about you. Symptoms of NPD, hostile to Christianity and Christians, using strawmen arguments, diversion and choosing to be intellectually dishonest in an failed attempt to "win". Sadly, you continue to show those same symptoms by trying to make everything a contest which you feel you must "win" - even when you simply show the depth to which you will sink in a pathetic, dishonorable display toward that goal. Truly, it makes me pity you all the more.

Still, that only makes me more resolved to pray for you, friend solus. Regardless of whether you think you need it or not. :D

solus

1. searched apa site: http://www.apa.org/search.aspx?query=egomaniac
2. searched psychnet's site: http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=search.searchResults
3. my quote: one must believe their soul exists, two requires saving; with those premises agreed upon, three, wishes to abrogate that saving activity to someone else. unquote.

your response: quote: But that premise is not agreed upon. Again you feel that you are entitled to expect everyone to agree with you, and such is not the case. unquote

as i have consistently stated...you jumped into salvation mode w/o even asking if i needed salvation...by your own words: "...you feel that you are entitled to expect everyone to agree with you...." thank goodness, you are not entitled in any conceivable mentality to provide salvation to anybody who doesn't need or want your Christian dogma.

4. i have not belittled any religious dogma, if you feel challenged by someone pulled up empirical evidence based cruel and murderous Christian history is belittling it is your problem but stating objective fact(s) is not belittling.

your belief about my soul needs salvation is, of course, your personal view...your belief my soul requires your prayers and would make you sleep better at night...who am i to deprive you of your sleep.

ipse

drsysadmin

So your searching a professional site for a layman's term. Strawman much? Oh wait - we have already answered that! :lol:
Again - strawman. As has been noted - try narcissistic personality disorder. Oh wait - that would prove me right yet again - so you won't. :lol:

as i have consistently stated...you jumped into salvation mode w/o even asking if i needed salvation...by your own words: "...you feel that you are entitled to expect everyone to agree with you...." thank goodness, you are not entitled in any conceivable mentality to provide salvation to anybody who doesn't need or want your Christian dogma.

Solus, first you tried to say that I didn't know if you needed salvation - then you finally admitted that you didn't believe it in. The key was I simply told you that I would pray for you because you DO need it based on my belief in Scripture. You can disagree, and I don't expect you to agree with the foundation. However, it is again intellectually dishonest by you to challenge me to use Scripture to back my point and then claim that the "dogma" of Scripture doesn't apply because you don't believe in it. Asking someone to back their assertion by using a source and then claiming the source you asked to be used isn't one that is applicable in your view is yet another dishonorable tactic you have chosen to use in your venting of angst and hatred of Chrisitianity. You are better than that - I just wish that when it came to this subject you actually acted like it.

4. i have not belittled any religious dogma, if you feel challenged by someone pulled up empirical evidence based cruel and murderous Christian history is belittling it is your problem but stating objective fact(s) is not belittling.

Solus - here we see again you just can't be honest. Pulling up empirical data is great - WHEN it is applicable to the question at hand. The problem - You asked a separate question - not relating to the OP at all - with the intention of pulling up the "empirical evidence" of the "cruel and murderous Christian history". While I don't deny that actions in history that are both cruel and murderous have been done in the name of Christianity, that has nothing to do with the discussion that was going on. As I noted before - you inserted yourself while never choosing to address the real question. Rather, you jumped in simply to exercise your angst and vent your hostility of Christianity and your hatred of Christians. When you do so - that IS belittling the religion and those that choose to follow it.

your belief about my soul needs salvation is, of course, your personal view...your belief my soul requires your prayers and would make you sleep better at night...who am i to deprive you of your sleep.
If that is the case, why have you been so bent out of shape over my personal view? Oh yes - that hatred you have for Christianity....
Why can you not be honest Solus? Your actions show it - so why not admit you despise those who follow Christ because you hate the belief - or "dogma"? Are you so insecure in your own beliefs (whatever they may be) that you can't even speak honestly about your feelings for others who believe different than you do?

Hate me and other Christians all you like, Solus. The Bible tells me that folks will hate me for my belief. So its ok. I will still pray for you. :)

solus

why on earth would i search anything else but the APA's site for your psycho babble that you're throwing about diss'g my mental health...

as for the psynet cite...it was the one you offered...NADA there for ego-babble...

rof...you are worried about my soul...my ego is quite intact and not even worried about your emotionally filled ghosts and myths whatsoever, especially since the any type empirically objective stream of evidence has failed to materialize on any of the religious dogma you wish to discuss...

i am truly sorry since the hate you believe i exude...is strictly a manifestation coming from you and only you!

i am studying the Jefferson bible, the great american who removed the BS rhetoric quite nicely i might add.

Sys, to broaden your religious base a bit, when was the last time you read the Noble Qur'an or perhaps something of a lighter fare is in order so your religious sensibilities are not blown up...the Book of Mormon is a bit more contemporary.

ipse

added material: http://imgur.com/gallery/gE72PwG

Last edited:

solus

so this rookie/newbie/etc., is now pontificating via an anonymous website of dubious origin to lead the forum's membership to believe he is the sole author , w/o any type of substantiation to or about this unsigned rebuttal?

where is my BS flag when i need it...oh ya under my crumpled aluminum tri-point..

ipse

OC for ME

With so much to read and so little time you first must make it easy and pleasant to read. Then the points must be concise with the leading sentence telling us the subject of the paragraph and the remainder a concise argument. If you can minimize the qualifier weasel words, do so. You are not being paid by the word as professional journalista are.

186 posts.
Started 12-22-2015.
Last post, solus, 1-17-2016.

solus

So you criticize my writing style instead of making conversation about the article. Ok, good to know how unintellicual (sic) this forum is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glad by your fifth post you are insulting members who challenge you...

my comment stands, you have pontificated your opinion on piper w/o one iota of substance to back up your stance.

your quote from the article: I was livid as I read the article unquote. yet you never say why you are livid?

your quote from the article: The first point that got me very upset was point number two. unquote. so piper's first point you have no challenge with?

your quote from the article: Based on what Jesus said, should we defend ourselves against religious persecution? unquote what was said, when, to whom, in what context...?

you jump from point three to point five...

shall i continue?

yes, much to my chagrin i did try to muddle through your rambling religious rhetoric and couldn't find "a piper said this and here is referenced counterpoint" anywhere...

ipse

added...an nowhere on the website does it say... jzeidler is the writer of this rambling religious rhetoric on the web cite i posted...you just out of the blue posted the cite w/o any intro..

Last edited: