• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Spokane OC in the park defense

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
The reason Paypal works so well is that it can be done almost immediatly while online and without divulging a credit card number. Yes, they get their 2.9%, but you get your donations almost instantly.
+1

Setup a paypal and I will contribute.

Welcome to the 21st century people ;)

bennie1986

imported post

T-RaV wrote:
Right Wing Wacko wrote:
The reason Paypal works so well is that it can be done almost immediatly while online and without divulging a credit card number. Yes, they get their 2.9%, but you get your donations almost instantly.
+1

Setup a paypal and I will contribute.

Welcome to the 21st century people ;)
I will try.

bennie1986

imported post

I have set up a paypal account. If you wish to contribute PM me with you email address and the amount you wish to contribute. I will use paypal to send you a request of payment and sent you a receipt.

Thanks for your support,

Ben

BobR

imported post

Bennie,

You can also just post th address of the paypal account and let people contribute to it. It will take out one of the steps. Or just PM them the account number.

ETA: Send M1Gunr a PM, he set up an account for payment of pamphlets. Or he already had one set up. He can tell you what you need to do.

bob

BobR

imported post

BTT

Justr want to keep it on the front page so any people from Spokane who may come by will understand the need for this to be fought.

bob

bennie1986

imported post

BobR wrote:
BTT

Justr want to keep it on the front page so any people from Spokane who may come by will understand the need for this to be fought.

bob

Unfortunitly we are not getting many contributions. We are at $175, with one contribution of $100 and another of $75. I have set up paypal as requested. We need more suppoet soon! I'm expecting to get he court date any day now and would hate to fall short of cash to fight this. We have a god opertunity he and we can't lose our chance to make the law right because it will only happen again. I will be add money to the fund when I be my finnancial aid from school but with my wife laid off recently I won't have extra money till then. Please anything helps.

Thanks,

Ben

bennie1986

imported post

BobR wrote:
BTT

bob

Unfortunitly we are not getting many contributions. We are at $175, with one contribution of $100 and another of $75. I have set up paypal as requested. We need more suppoet soon! I'm expecting to get he court date any day now and would hate to fall short of cash to fight this. We have a good opertunity he and we can't lose our chance to make the law right because it will only happen again. I will be add money to the fund when I be my finnancial aid from school but with my wife laid off recently I won't have extra money till then. Please anything helps.

Thanks,

Ben

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

BobR wrote:
ETA: Send M1Gunr a PM, he set up an account for payment of pamphlets. Or he already had one set up. He can tell you what you need to do.
- bob
Paypal is ANTIgun just be sure that you do not mention guns anywhere in the account. They have been know to freeze funds for long periods of time.

bennie1986

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
BobR wrote:
- bob
Paypal is ANTIgun just be sure that you do not mention guns anywhere in the account. They have been know to freeze funds for long periods of time.
I have created a paypal account but I dont think it the right kind. Its the kind that I can send a request for payment but I dont think there is a page people can go to.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Your choice, but I sure wouldn't post an e-mail address on a forum, unless you're willing to end up on on all sorts of spam lists.

bennie1986

imported post

Up to $200!!! and today I found out we have a court date to get the ticked dismissed which is the first step in getting the SMC corrected. Court will be 9/22/09 13:30 in the Broadway building room 203 for anyone that wants to attend in support. We have more time than I thought before we go to court but we still are only 40% to goal. If anyone has any ideas on a fund raising event let me know. Also thank you to our contributors so far your support is much appreciated.
Thanks,

Ben

BobR

imported post

I will try to think of a fund raiser deal. I really don't know what yet though. I would love to be at the hearing, but I will be in Monterey, CA that day. Keep us posted.

bob

shad0wfax

imported post

You need to read
AGO 2008 No. 8-October 13, 2008
It very clearly states that carry on city property is lawful because any law more restrictive than state law is preempted AND trespass laws can't be used to keep you off of city property either, so long as your behavior is lawful.

In our judgment, a city does not have the authority to generally prohibit the possession of firearms on city property except to the extent authorized by RCW 9.41.290. Even in the case of criminal trespass, a member of the public is only required to comply with “lawful conditions”. RCW 9A.52.090(2). Prohibiting possession of firearms on city property would not be a lawful condition, because RCW 9.41.290 preempts the power of a city to impose such a prohibition.

bennie1986

imported post

Its just about two weeks to the court date and we haven't generated any more money. At this point Im not holding out hope that we will be able to fight this due to the time constraints. The good news is that I think I will be able to at least get the ticket dismissed but I'm upset that we wont get the chance to fight this. Maybe the next person to get the ticked will have their own financial ability to make this right because unfortunately I do not. I appreciate the support, moral and financial, that I have received regarding this matter. I will still hold out hope up to the court date that we some how can raise the money and plan to contact the attorney 9/8/09 to see if I can work out a payment plan and if I cant and we don't get enough money in timeI will make sure that the people who contributed get there money back.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Bennie

What is your plan if you can not raise enough money and John Clark will not take payments? Are you going to represent your self?

Orphan