• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clark County court...

Johnsmith1521

I have to go to court next month at the Clark County court house and was wondering if anyone knows if they have lock boxes or someone I can check in my firearm while I'm there? I really don't like leaving my firearm in the car... Any info is appreciated!:dude:

Last edited:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I have to go to court next month at the Clark County court house and was wondering if anyone knows if they have lock boxes or someone I can check in my firearm while I'm there? I really don't like leaving my firearm in the car... Any info is appreciated!:dude:

By law they are required to
RCW 9.41.300 said:
the local legislative authority shall provide either a stationary locked box sufficient in size for pistols and key to a weapon owner for weapon storage, or shall designate an official to receive weapons for safekeeping, during the owner's visit to restricted areas

So they must have a safe place for storage... :uhoh:

On a more serious note, I don't know.

Last edited:

Phssthpok

Lockboxes are on the ground floor on the WEST SIDE of the EAST BUILDING. They will ask to see a CPL even if you're OC. If you are OC then they will back down from the CPL but to date they have not backed down from requiring I.D. in my experience, nor will they surrender the key to your possession as required by state law.

Other than that it's relative breeze.