• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cliff's notes on OC in St. Louis area please

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I do not ask any LEO. Spent most of the weekend in St Charles County. Open carried at Waffle house in O'Fallon, Mid Rivers mall, Buffalo wild Wings in St Peters and other places.

Watch it at the mall and waffle house, both used to be posted. I have not been to either as I am real hard core on "if you post a sign saying you do not want my monies, I will never give them to you" and if they ever gave monies to fight us, they have to give five times that amount to us in order to regain my business.

Guess I am just simple that way.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
To all posters to whom it applies:

Cites, please!

Ain't sure if that was aimed at me or not, but no problem citing.

Troy MO, a citizen contacted an alder-person inquiring on the legality, the next few days the alder-person pushed forward a bill to try and make it illegal. Due to the efforts of a lot of folks it was defeated despite the extremely late notice of the meeting.

Not exactly the same but a fairly positive news article on OC put a burr under Paul Martin's saddle and the libtard moron he is managed to convince every city council he served as the city attorney for to put it forward for a vote and they all did as much and w lost olivette and ellisville in the mix, possibly others to come. And yes, I called the city atty for many local muni's a moron on a public forum.

Edit: Anyone seeking a direct cite, please use the search function on this webspace and list the cities named, huge threads were dedicated to them.

A key note, those ordinaces may or may not show in sullivan or municode, the cities seem to be way late but the threads have links to the meeting minutes etc.

Last edited:

Firedawg314

Calling and asking has produced basically two different results, a LIE and immediate moves to indeed make it illegal.

Firedawg I am not sure what compels you to do so, but rest assured it has a negative impact on open carry and a lot of folks who have worked pretty hard wish you would stop doing it and stop suggesting others do it as it serves no purpose.

I do appolgize, to be honest when I did talk to LEOs about it (here) they where honest to say it is ok with a CCW. I have stop asking all together now, even today, I went to a few places and didn't say anything at all. Like I said before, I'm still new to this.

mspgunner

I do appolgize, to be honest when I did talk to LEOs about it (here) they where honest to say it is ok with a CCW. I have stop asking all together now, even today, I went to a few places and didn't say anything at all. Like I said before, I'm still new to this.

Take your time, read, learn and hang out at some get togethers when we have them.
I was new not too long ago, hang on, hang out and take this step by step so you, I and we don't have problems....

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I do appolgize, to be honest when I did talk to LEOs about it

I love freedom, I tend to be frank as hell, it can come across wrong.

To be clear, you owe me no apology sir, you are your own man and I do not believe in telling another how to live or expecting a response from making them aware of the results as I have a huge kiss my hind end factor myself when someone tells me how to live, including our government!

I am actually glad/surprised to hear of your LEO response, more often than not it is a lot more like "well it is not illegal per se, but if someone complains about it, then we have to arrest you for disturbing the peace so it would be a lot better if you just covered it up" which is neither true or legal, but is incredibly common. It is also quite common for the police to be 100% clueless as to what the law is and they are not really held accountable for not knowing unless a citizen actually knows their own rights which scares the crap out of the crappy cops, does not really bother the good ones.

We should meet up sometime and have a cup of coffee.

Firedawg314

I love freedom, I tend to be frank as hell, it can come across wrong.

To be clear, you owe me no apology sir, you are your own man and I do not believe in telling another how to live or expecting a response from making them aware of the results as I have a huge kiss my hind end factor myself when someone tells me how to live, including our government!

I am actually glad/surprised to hear of your LEO response, more often than not it is a lot more like "well it is not illegal per se, but if someone complains about it, then we have to arrest you for disturbing the peace so it would be a lot better if you just covered it up" which is neither true or legal, but is incredibly common. It is also quite common for the police to be 100% clueless as to what the law is and they are not really held accountable for not knowing unless a citizen actually knows their own rights which scares the crap out of the crappy cops, does not really bother the good ones.

We should meet up sometime and have a cup of coffee.

No problem, we are all here, level headed people. Yes, coffee would be great. And remember, I will repost it again, we are meeting up at the 54st Bar and Grill that is located on North Lindberge and New Halls Ferry in Florissant, Novemeber 26th (next saturday) at 1pm. Open carry with CCW is welcomed.

mspgunner

No problem, we are all here, level headed people. Yes, coffee would be great. And remember, I will repost it again, we are meeting up at the 54st Bar and Grill that is located on North Lindberge and New Halls Ferry in Florissant, Novemeber 26th (next saturday) at 1pm. Open carry with CCW is welcomed.

I might be there, big question mark? If my deer sausage is ready I'll have to take a long drive....

Firedawg314

I might be there, big question mark? If my deer sausage is ready I'll have to take a long drive....

Don't worry, if you don't make it, we will have another meeting. I am willing to meet almost any day I am off from work.

I would like to meet up at least once a week here in Florissant

mspgunner

I'll be there. :banana:

Can soemone give some directions to this place or an address? Coming north on I-270! Sorry, not familiar with this part of the world. Gonna head north Friday to pick up my bambi meat, so I'll probably get there if I can find it. TONY - your neck of the woods.... HELP! PM or email if you like.

Oh, do I bring a gun to this?
Can I have a bullet in it too?