• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Closer to OCing...

DEROS72

imported post

Also here is a pic of a big meet we had at my apartment complex covered by KIRO and KING five.See anyone here with holes in them...I have the video if you care to see. The point I'm trying to make is when you Oc appearance makes a difference.

But just so you know I'll meet you for a coffee anytime as long as you OC..

Daath 474

imported post

I understand and I respect your opinion about tattoos and piercings. But what one finds aesthetically pleasing or not is just that, an opinion. I support anyone's right to whatever they like, so long as they are not hurting anyone else or impeding on someones free will. I don't wish to bring up piercings as an issue here because it is off topic, but I do feel it is my right to look how I like so long as I am doing no wrong.

I'd love to meet any of you, you seem like great people. Appearances aside, I think that anyone who sat down for coffee with me would find the same to be true about myself. I mention the appearance issue on here because it relates to my apprehension to open carry. I do dress well most of the time and my casual dress is very normal. Plain t-shirts (black or white) and jeans and shoes. I do like to wear polo shirts and will occasionally wear a suit and tie when I really want to dress impressively. I do agree that appearance does matter greatly in someone's initial attitude towards you, but I think that inner values, good morals and intelligence show much more. I think that everyone should be free to dress and appear as they like, this including open carrying itself.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Daath, I have tattoos and I shave my head and wear jeans and t-shirts mostly. I don't have any piercings anymore though. I don't look as conservative as alot of the OC group that I've met with, but that made no diference when I met them all, at 3 events now. BBQ at Jarhead's house last summer, cookout at DEROSS' appartment complex earlier this summer, then today at Burger King in Kent with a smaller group. My appearance might mean I have fewer people in public coming up to talk/ask me about carrying a weapon, but that's ok with me. My wife says my appearance might be a little intimidating to some people, but I'm really not that way. Anyone who has met me knows I'm pretty easy-going and laid-back. I think my appearance helps with keeping away the riff-raff. If you look like "no one better mess with me" then most likely no one will.

If I remember, you're east of the mountains yes? Sorry so far away. For many people here, OC'ing can be easier the first time if you're with a group. Be encouraged though. I was with my wife the first time I did it. (She still doesn't like it very much, but puts up with it.) Most likely nothing will happen and you'll feel much better for doing it. Every time you do it it gets easier until finally you don't much think about it and it feels strange to not OC. It seems strange just reading about people's OC experiences online, there is no face to it and doesn't really seem real. After meeting a few other OC'ers like yourself though, you start to think "hey, I'm really not alone in doing this. There really are other guys/gals doing this".

Daath 474

imported post

Yes, I live in Wenatchee which is central Washington. I don't travel to Desmoines because most of my travel is spent either seeing my girlfriend who lives near Ft. Lewis or visiting my father who lives near Colville. Wenatchee is kind of a crossroads here in Washington and a lot of people go through it when traveling across the state.

I appreciate your offers for coffee and I would like to extend an offer as well to anyone on this forum that comes through Wenatchee.

Also, I saw your pictures at the Burger King Spyder, good work!

DEROS72

imported post

I would would still hang with ya....Just saying that in my experience whether right or wrong it makes a difference sometimes. Public preception and all that.Be great if you could come to one of our meets.I'm not an ass all the time.

Daath 474

imported post

Haha definitely! If there is anything big happening sometime in the future, there is a chance that I might come. Right now I've been busy with a lot of things and money has been tight. If I see any OC events listed in the future on here that I think I can attend, I'll let you all know. I like this forum, so it's not like I'm going away anytime soon. :cool:

killchain

imported post

Unfortunately appearances are the first thing people think of you, and the typical sheeple sees a guy with tattoos, piercings and a handgun and the MSM brainwash in their mind screams "BAD GUY." Sucks I know, but it's the fact of life.

You could sport a nice polo shirt like what Deros wears once in a while and keep your piercings in. Could also try changing out your jewelry to something more conservative looking? I've seen some people (mainly women) who switch things like nose piercings out for a small diamond or stud and it looks straight.

I don't think you should take all your piercings out and get your tattoos lasered off, just giving some suggestions.

David.Car

imported post

Your rights don't change because of the way you dress. Wear what you are comfortable in. I have OC in everything from a suit down to shorts and a ratty t-shirt.

More then likely I am wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Doesn't matter.

cynicist

imported post

I'm going to be in Wenatchee on Thursday night for librarian conference. Since it's work, I can't bring my gun, but I can bring a holster.