• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Come OC at ACLU Event! September 9th

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I was going to ride with Gogodawgs but he indicated he won't be able to make it.So I would love to go if anyone could give me a lift.I'm in Seatac .

I have a family obligation and can not make this event. I would love to as I support the ACLU and the things they have done for the 1st, 4th and 5th amendments. I think that it is important that OCDO and others who support the 2nd begin to show and question their support for the 2nd. I think the time is ripe following McDonald/Heller to get local ACLU chapters on board for the future.

DEROS72

Again, if any one is going they will be heading right by me in Seatac.I would appreciate a ride .Pm me if that's possible.

jsanchez

So who's going tonite?

I am going. Look forward to not being the only one. Lite rail to downtown to a bus works great during rush hour, and you don't have to worry about the traffic or parking.

Last edited:

Bob Warden

I am going. Look forward to not being the only one. Lite rail to downtown to a bus works great during rush hour, and you don't have to worry about the traffic or parking.
I'll be there. Bringing my brother and our mom, though I will be the only one of the 3 of us OCing!

DoomGoober

I am, of course, going. I hope to engage in a lot of thoughtful conversation on the topic.

Bob Warden

How about an after action report?
I met DoomGoober - didn't see any other OCers. I basically just hung around like most everyone else at what turned out to be a very brief, informal event. No one acknowledged the pistol on my belt, which didn't really surprise me. People were there mainly to see and hear Constance McMillan, the lesbian teen from Mississippi who wasn't allowed to bring here female date to prom. Attached are 2 out-of-focus pics my not-very-camera-savy mom took of Constance and I:

Attachments

• IMG00088.jpg
    IMG00088.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG00090.jpg
    IMG00090.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

DoomGoober

I arrived at the event with a fellow ACLU supporter and friend of mine. He didn't notice I was carrying until I got out of the car. The bicycle cop who saw me paying the meter looked intently but didn't say anything.

I chatted with some people I knew, got some stares, but no strangers said anything. When the people I knew finally noticed I was carrying, some made jokes about getting a "9mm discount" at the local food truck. One woman, friend of my friends (who I didn't know) stared intently but didn't say anything, instead asking her friend (instead of me) if it was a gun. It's funny how people around OC'ers will talk loudly but not address me directly. Shrug.

I met Bob and we chatted for a bit. We joked about how the guy wearing a kilt had put on a jacket and was now concealed kilting.

A park "Ranger" stood next to me in line for the food truck but didn't say anything.

Basically the after report is... there's nothing to report. Which is good, I guess.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Thanks for going...

Bob. I think that the OC crowd should approach the local ACLU branches and work on having their support in the new legal aspects of the 2nd A as a fundamental human right.

I met DoomGoober - didn't see any other OCers. I basically just hung around like most everyone else at what turned out to be a very brief, informal event. No one acknowledged the pistol on my belt, which didn't really surprise me. People were there mainly to see and hear Constance McMillan, the lesbian teen from Mississippi who wasn't allowed to bring here female date to prom. Attached are 2 out-of-focus pics my not-very-camera-savy mom took of Constance and I: