• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Con carry rally this saturday!

scot623

Here is a simple test. What would the public think if EVERYONE at the event dressed just like YOU? Rambo wannabe convention? White trash loser convention? Just because someone wheres a particular style of clothing daily, doesn't make it ok order wear that same thing at an event that will be on the news.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
Some people are so blinded by their ignorance they can't see what others see.

When at an event like this, everyone should dress nicely as to not appear like a nut to the general audience.

We are not trying to win the hearts and souls of the anti-gunners, we are trying to win over the fence sitters. We do that by showing them that we're not very different then them.

Haman J.T.

When at an event like this, everyone should dress nicely as to not appear like a nut to the general audience.

We are not trying to win the hearts and souls of the anti-gunners, we are trying to win over the fence sitters. We do that by showing them that we're not very different then them.
My point exactly!

Haman J.T.

My point exactly!
I was speaking to Larry Pratt when he said to a guy dressed in a black t-shirt and redish colored shorts,that he liked the way he was dressed,even though he appeared in Local 6 Pics.I think Mr Pratt understands.He said he appreciated an average citizen like me standing up for my Rights.I told him I appreciated Him standing up for Our Rights too and Thanked him for His service!Thats good enough for Me!I might be in the news again soon and I will present myself as I AM,as always! CARRY ON!

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator

My point exactly- the press will find the worst dressed person, and run it over the story. Don't be the worst dressed person, or stay home.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran

I did my best to win us some fence sitters Sir. The only un sightly thing other than the person in the nice clothing, was my ugly little black r---e. :p. The majority of the people I saw in attendance looked very respectable. Heck even the militia guys were not a bad group, given the chance to engage in a conversation. Your point is well taken, many folks will hessitate to walk up to someone dressed in camo, carrying a AR15. Where the person who looks like the average joe/jane may be much more easily approached by a curious member of the public. Is it fair, or even good human behavior? Probably not, but it is the hand we are dealt on a daily basis. If we want to stay in the game we better learn how its played ladies & gents. ;)

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek: