• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed and/or Open Carry at "Festival" in NC?

Dreamer

Agreed. My point (which is yet to be disproven) is that the examples are not against NC law.

I might agree with you in the Greenville example, because it is a "policy".

But the Kernersville example is an officially encoded municipal code, and THAT is a violation of NC's preemption statute, even as toothless and ineffectual as it is...

sultan62

I might agree with you in the Greenville example, because it is a "policy".

But the Kernersville example is an officially encoded municipal code, and THAT is a violation of NC's preemption statute, even as toothless and ineffectual as it is...

Regarding, Kernersville, that was my point. It is against even our relatively pointless preemption statute.

Granted, this doesn't mean I expect anyone to carry anyway. I don't have the resources to take that kind of hit, so I certainly can't expect anyone else to. I'm just saying that the code is illegal.

smlawrence

I've been to the Spring Folly in K'vegas a couple of times, and while doing so I have never seen a firearm being carried except by LEO's. But I will carry the Municode paper with me and grab an officer the next time I see someone with their pet so they can get a point expressed. "My gun isn't allowed in here to protect me, but they can carry their dog to protect them!!!"

P.S. I have absolutly nothing against dogs as I have 6 of them, its cats I HATE. Just expressing a point.

Last edited: