• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Confronted at New J-ville Wal-Mart SuperCenter

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Perfect. Sounds like they've got at least one level-headed manager there. The Jacksonville PD on the other hand...:banghead:

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

God work folks, keep carrying in WalMart, low key, minding your business, etc. Try not to goad the store managers into posting signs though - just keep it on policy - let me se the policy - that is not what undestand - have OCed inothr WalMarts with no problem etc."

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

Mike wrote:
God work folks, keep carrying in WalMart, low key, minding your business, etc. Try not to goad the store managers into posting signs though - just keep it on policy - let me se the policy - that is not what undestand - have OCed inothr WalMarts with no problem etc."
This is a good point Mike. I should have asked to speak to the big manager and see what they had to say. For all I know I could have talked to the woman that called me today and I would have been able to finish my shopping but I wasn't thinking that far ahead at the time. If I am approached again I'll stick to asking to see what policy says I can't do this or that unless they insist I leave in which case I will leave.:D

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Looking good.

It looks like you've also flushed out from the bushes some police hostility. Probably best to check into that before some anti-calls the police, getting you falsely arrested.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Looking good.

It looks like you've also flushed out from the bushes some police hostility. Probably best to check into that before some anti-calls the police, getting you falsely arrested.
There's be on and off talk about this local PD having issues. We'll be having an open carry get-together about 45 minutes from there this month. If things go well, our next one will be in good ol' J-ville. We'll see what comes out of the bushes then.

yonder

imported post

jeepinbanditrider wrote:
2)My TX. CHL is not valid in the state of NC, and that only NC CHL permits were valid here which is totall BS, unless the recipicating agreements betwen all the states got revoked sometime recently and I didn't hear about it.[/quote]

An out of state permit can only be valid if you're just visiting North Carolina. If you are a resident here, you really must have an NC permit to carry concealed.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

yonder wrote:
jeepinbanditrider wrote:
2)My TX. CHL is not valid in the state of NC, and that only NC CHL permits were valid herewhich is totall BS, unless the recipicating agreements betwenall the statesgot revoked sometime recently and I didn't hear about it.

An out of state permit can only be valid if you're just visiting North Carolina. If you are a resident here, you really must have an NC permit to carry concealed.
[/quote]
Cite??? I'd be interested to see where you got this information, because as far as I know, you're wrong.

yonder

imported post

You know what, I'm pretty sure I found it on packing.org when it was still up, but looking through the law I cannot find it now so I humbly concede your point.

marinepilot81

imported post

What about being military? If I'm a Florida resident for taxes, and also stationed here, aren't I always a visiting person on permanent orders or something like that?

My FL permit was good the entire 9 months I lived in TX on orders.

What totally gets me riled up as that I cannot call and ask the Sheriff/PD (because they don't know) or read the statutes (cause nothing is clearly written).

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

yonder wrote:
jeepinbanditrider wrote:
2)My TX. CHL is not valid in the state of NC, and that only NC CHL permits were valid herewhich is totall BS, unless the recipicating agreements betwenall the statesgot revoked sometime recently and I didn't hear about it.

I am not a resident of NC my home of legal residnece according to my military paper work is Tx. My Tx. CHL is good here.[/quote]

PT 24/7

imported post

I guess open carry will be eyed with even greater suspicion in the new Jacksonville Walmart now.

Wal-Mart employee arrested after shooting in store

Co-worker wrestles gun from suspect
March 23, 2008 - 11:58AM
BY LINDELL KAY
DAILY NEWS STAFF

An on-the-clock Yopp Road Wal-Mart employee held other employees captive with a shotgun and shot up the business at 2:30 a.m. Sunday before being tackled by a co-worker and arrested by police, authorities said.

Elijah Payne, 18, of Burgaw Highway, was charged by the Jacksonville Police Department with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, kidnapping, and discharging a firearminto occupied property, according to an arrest warrant.

Payne became agitated with other employees while on the job, went out to a vehicle in the parking lot and smuggled a 12-guage pump shotgun into the store inside a tent bag, said Deputy Police Chief David Shipp.

Then Payne blackened his face and entered the break room at the back of the store, police said.

He led employees around at gunpoint and began shooting into the walls and ceiling, investigators said.

At 2:31 a.m., Jacksonville 911 operators received the first of many calls. Officers with the Police Department, the Onslow County Sheriff's Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol responded.

"Customers and employees were running from the business when officers arrived," Shipp said. "Since it was an active shooting situation, the officers from the JPD, the sheriff's office and the Highway Patrol pooled their resources and immediately went into the store."

While officers were going through the Wal-Mart, they heard shots being fired in the back of the store.

"Just prior to officers reaching Payne, an employee disarmed him in a scuffle," Shipp said. "Payne was then immediately taken into custody. No one was shot."

One employee suffered a minor injury, police said.

After Payne was arrested, the Police Department's Tactical Unit entered the store and conducted a sweep to determine whether any other suspects remained inside.

No other suspects were found, and it was determined Payne acted alone, Shipp said, adding that the Tactical Unit did find an employee who was still hiding in the store long after the incident occurred.

Police remained on the scene until 6 a.m.; the Wal-Mart was reopened by noon.

Local employees of the Wal-Mart deferred questions to Wal-Mart's corporate office, which could not be reached for comment.

Jacksonville Fire Department and Onslow County Emergency Medical Services assisted on the scene, Shipp said.

Payne was lodged in Onslow County Jail; his bond was set at $75,000.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

lol wow...well there's my answer next time someone asks why I carry in wal-mart! Good on the employee that disarmed the shooter. That's the way to do it!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Hmm I wonder if he was upset because they scheduled him for Easter Sunday? lol

Butlerite

imported post

yonder wrote:
jeepinbanditrider wrote:
2)My TX. CHL is not valid in the state of NC, and that only NC CHL permits were valid here which is totall BS, unless the recipicating agreements betwen all the states got revoked sometime recently and I didn't hear about it.

An out of state permit can only be valid if you're just visiting North Carolina. If you are a resident here, you really must have an NC permit to carry concealed.[/quote]

Yonder,
You might want to look at this URL: http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/public/398.cfm

NC apparently does not "require" an NC license to CC.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
Y'ALL HAVE GOT TO HIT THAT FIRST LINK AND LOOK AT THIS EXAMPLE OF EVOLUTION!

Sorry for yelling but DANG! That dude is one UGLY *&%$#@ son of a biscuit!!

jy73u3-elijahpayne.jpg

Yikes.