• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

conservatives' utter contempt for property rights

twoskinsonemanns

yeah if you own the land its your kingdom... you should be able to kill people, own slaves, and all types of things... its your land dammit!

And you are right... you do not "own" it by the definition of ownership you are using.

this is my land. If you want it you can only have by way of trade with me or by the blood of my veins.

your collectivist dribble deceptiveness will not convince me otherwise.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My country, my flag. Because I choose them to be. Damn sight better than most too.

My land, is my land 'cause that is the way of it. Tread lightly when you enter the gate.

Friends are welcome with open arms.

state hater

Banned
yeah if you own the land its your kingdom... you should be able to kill people, own slaves, and all types of things... its your land dammit!

And you are right... you do not "own" it by the definition of ownership you are using.

The irony is that it's your viewpoint that entails the promotion of slavery.

People would not be free to abuse others on their land in Ancapistan. See my site, www.ancapfaq.com, for details.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Muh 'Merica

One fallacy to another.

I noticed you failed to cite to back up your claim.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
oh.. .so the federal government can tell you some stuff you cannot do on your own land? but you own it?

Keeping slaves is not something I do with my land. It's something I do with slaves, who cannot be my property legally or ethically.

Furthermore, regulations closely tied to likely acts of tort against other landowners (industrial pollution) may be consistent with private property rights.

You have some very strange notions of property and right.