• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitution Party National Convention Nominates Virgil Goode!!!

twoskinsonemanns

Wise up. I beg you.
TFred

Ah yes the lesser of two evils... Some of us cannot afford to play politics TFred. Like myself. I have 10 yo man at home that I have to teach right and wrong. Your pathetic excuses of why you are going to vote an admitted evil person into office will not work for my son. :D In our house we teach right and wrong and no amount of republican hot air you blow would convince me that the right person to lead us is Obamney.

You've been suckered into keeping the federal government obese and cruel all because your afraid to vote for someone who can't win. Why don't all you people who are afraid of betting on the underdog who YOU THINK is the better choice grow a pair and stand up for what's right!!

Last edited:

TFred

Ah yes the lesser of two evils... Some of us cannot afford to play politics TFred. Like myself. I have 10 yo man at home that I have to teach right and wrong. Your pathetic excuses of why you are going to vote an admitted evil person into office will not work for my son. :D In our house we teach right and wrong and no amount of republican hot air you blow would convince me that the right person to lead us is Obamney.

You've been suckered into keeping the federal government obese and cruel all because your afraid to vote for someone who can't win. Why don't all you people who are afraid of betting on the underdog who YOU THINK is the better choice grow a pair and stand up for what's right!!
Be careful there. We can agree to disagree, but I will take very great offense if you get any closer to the line of calling my personal morals into question. You are obviously free to teach your son your values, and I will support your right to do that, but stay away from judging what motivates anyone other than yourself. There is no room for that in this discussion.

I don't recall ever saying that Romney is an evil person. No human candidate is perfect, by definition, every election requires choosing the candidate with the least of the undesirable positions.

grylnsmn sums it up quite nicely: "Why should I vote for a candidate that I might agree with 95%, but who if he won wouldn't be able to get anything done because he lacks support in Congress, when I can vote for a candidate that I agree with 75% and who could actually get most of that 75% done?"

This country was founded on people who got things done. Not by people who sat back and waited until the world was perfect before they left the house. If you want to accomplish your goals, you have to get your foot in the door. Voting for and working with third party candidates ensures you will stay on the outside forever.

TFred

ETA: Thinking some more...I' not much of a Darwinist... but your way of thinking ensures the extinction of your political species... if third party candidates teach their children to support third party candidates, that's the surest way to ensure none of their issues ever get accomplished.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

t I will take very great offense if you get any closer to the line of calling my personal morals into question

Noted :rolleyes:. But this is a question of morals for me. I take great offense to people who compromise theirs to play into party politics, then liken those who choose right over wrong against tough odds to gun-grabbing liberals who don't live in the real world.

Some times doing the right thing isn't popular especially with those who have already sold out.

BTW you were the one that said it was a game of the lesser of two evils, I just assumed you were talking about Romney and Obama.

TFred

Noted :rolleyes:. But this is a question of morals for me. I take great offense to people who compromise theirs to play into party politics, then liken those who choose right over wrong against tough odds to gun-grabbing liberals who don't live in the real world.

Some times doing the right thing isn't popular especially with those who have already sold out.

BTW you were the one that said it was a game of the lesser of two evils, I just assumed you were talking about Romney and Obama.
It's a metaphor. Use of the phrase does not necessarily imply that the user believes that both choices are literally "evil."

Romney has some dings on his record with guns. This is fact. But if you honestly think that Obama and Romney would enter office with the exact same goals in mind with regard to guns in the possession of the law-abiding citizen, then you are beyond reasoning, and we are all just wasting our time talking here. Such a notion is utterly ridiculous, especially considering that Obama would be in his second term and would face no repercussions whatsoever. The fact that Romney would be seeking reelection in 4 more years is all by itself enough to push him ahead of Obama for someone who wants to keep Government in check. Even if we assumed that they were equally evil, Romney would be more restrained during a first term just like Obama has been during his.

TFred

TFred

But this is a question of morals for me.
One additional thought... MT 7:16 gives us: "By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"*

Back to grylnsmn's thought... who yields the better fruit? The third party candidate who wants to do great but in the end does nothing because he can't win a seat of power? Or the "lesser of two evil" candidates, who actually accomplishes 75% of a platform we all endorse?

TFred

NIV (1984)

twoskinsonemanns

I agree it's wasting time. Your not going to make me suddenly feel okay about voting for someone I don't consider honorable, and I'm not going to convince you a man's honor should be considered when voting for him. But as useless exercises go my responses are below.

It's a metaphor. Use of the phrase does not necessarily imply that the user believes that both choices are literally "evil."

Romney has some dings on his record with guns. Quite the understatement. In addition, besides the the rhetoric he's used (rhetoric that matches Romney's actual actions) Obama has not done any gun grabbing. This is fact. But if you honestly think that Obama and Romney would enter office with the exact same goals in mind with regard to guns in the possession of the law-abiding citizen, then you are beyond reasoning, -then I guess I am. Beside your chief concern in elections (Which capitol letter is beside the politician's name) what of actual substance can you provide to show that they won't have the same goals in mind? Could it be the no-gunlaws passed by Obama or maybe Romney passing the only state-permanent AWB? and we are all just wasting our time talking here. Such a notion is utterly ridiculous, especially considering that Obama would be in his second term and would face no repercussions whatsoever. The fact that Romney would be seeking reelection in 4 more years is all by itself enough to push him ahead of Obama for someone who wants to keep Government in check. Even if we assumed that they were equally evil, Romney would be more restrained during a first term just like Obama has been during his. -This scare tactic by the challenging party is so old and unfounded it's embarrassing that you would use it. I remember hearing all the incredible hell Bush was going to unleash during his second term. It's baseless fear-mongering that both sides bring up.

TFred

Repeater

Virgil Goode = Ralph Nader?

The news of the moment is that Goode has submitted over 20,000 signatures to the State Board of Elections.

Goode, Libertarian, Green candidates file for Va. presidential ballot

Virgil Goode submits petition with more than 20,000 signatures

Virgil Goode’s presidential campaign submits signatures to Virginia
Former congressman Virgil H. Goode Jr. hand-delivered more than 20,500 signatures to Virginia election officials this week, hoping to become the next president of the United States. The move could instead make him the next Ralph Nader, the consumer advocate widely believed to have played the role of spoiler in the 2000 election.

With the race for president possibly coming down to Virginia and a few other swing states, Goode could tilt the election if he secures a spot on the state ballot.

It’s a prospect that worries some Republicans and delights Democrats, who will have to wait until next week to find out whether enough of the signatures hold up for Goode to qualify.

Senate Minority Leader Richard L. Saslaw (D-Fairfax) described Goode as a serial party-switcher who has grown more conservative. “If you’re a conservative and you want your views reflected, Virgil’s your guy,” he said.

Saslaw hardly meant that as a compliment. Was it, perhaps, more of an invitation to Romney supporters to consider Goode? “That never entered my mind,” Saslaw said, chuckling.

Heed what Saslaw is saying. Dick is no friend.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Interesting thread!

At the show today, I almost bought a double barrel from a fellow (From NOVA of course) who was selling all his guns before Obama took them and according to this Gentleman:uhoh: that's written in stone.

I didn't buy the gun because I just couldn't stand the man. I won't go into detail. Don't want to get the lords flies buzzing today:lol:

Anyway....the answer to how to vote really depends on if you really believe this country is finished.

Thundar has the shipwreck attitude.

If you're adrift on a raft and there's no rain in sight, why the hell not drink the salt water and hope you survive it.
There is some merit in this thinking!

Tfred is in the raft, adrift and refusing to drink the salt water in the hope it rains before he dies.
There is some merit in This thinking.

The fellow from NOVA is just planning hang himself so he doesn't suffer.
I'll be happy to supply the rope.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
It is only a choice between the lesser of 2 evils because you accept the 2 party theory as a fact of life. If people reject both gun grabbers, then better candidates and parties can flourish.

No sir, I recognize it as fact. We can wish for something different and we can even work towards making that a reality but to ignore what is, is folly and whimsical in light of our current political party structure. There is no two party theory for the simple fact that there ARE at present, two distinct and powerful national parties in our country. I'm not saying that perhaps this may change one day, but rather recognizing the fact of the matter as it now stands... and has for my entire lifetime.

SouthernBoy

A word to you, friend. Looks like you just violated rule #6 on these forums. I suggest you curtail such activity if you wish to remain active here.

"(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!"

twoskinsonemanns

A word to you, friend. Looks like you just violated rule #6 on these forums. I suggest you curtail such activity if you wish to remain active here.

"(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!"

Thanks for the word, friend.
But there were no personally attacks. This is a heated debate and views and position get attacked not people, that's politics. Don't throw out accusations because your strong disagreement is met with the same. Wise up.

SouthernBoy

Thanks for the word, friend.
But there were no personally attacks. This is a heated debate and views and position get attacked not people, that's politics. Don't throw out accusations because your strong disagreement is met with the same. Wise up.

Excuse me?

"Ah yes the lesser of two evils... Some of us cannot afford to play politics TFred. Like myself. I have 10 yo man at home that I have to teach right and wrong. Your pathetic excuses of why you are going to vote an admitted evil person into office will not work for my son. In our house we teach right and wrong and no amount of republican hot air you blow would convince me that the right person to lead us is Obamney.

You've been suckered into keeping the federal government obese and cruel all because your afraid to vote for someone who can't win. Why don't all you people who are afraid of betting on the underdog who YOU THINK is the better choice grow a pair and stand up for what's right!!"

I beg to differ. I made no accusations and I was not in a discussion with you so we were not in any sort of active disagreement dialog. As for the "Wise up", you might wish to look in the mirror with that one.

twoskinsonemanns

Excuse me?

"Ah yes the lesser of two evils... Some of us cannot afford to play politics TFred. Like myself. I have 10 yo man at home that I have to teach right and wrong. Your pathetic excuses of why you are going to vote an admitted evil person into office will not work for my son. In our house we teach right and wrong and no amount of republican hot air you blow would convince me that the right person to lead us is Obamney.

You've been suckered into keeping the federal government obese and cruel all because your afraid to vote for someone who can't win. Why don't all you people who are afraid of betting on the underdog who YOU THINK is the better choice grow a pair and stand up for what's right!!"

I beg to differ. I made no accusations and I was not in a discussion with you so we were not in any sort of active disagreement dialog. As for the "Wise up", you might wish to look in the mirror with that one.

That's right. I never quoted you nor did I direct any statement to you. So why are you getting butt-hurt about personal attacks? I am not trying to personally attacking anyone!

There's all kinds of heated arguments about people's position in politics. I haven't started crying about "personal attacks" when being called out of touch with reality, or the same as a gun-grabbing liberal or whatever else. We're grown ups having a grown up conversation. Don't mistake it for an "personal attack".

67GT390FB

If the Libertarian or Constitution Party wants to make a difference they need to start by getting a local official elected. Is there even a Lib or Const party member who identified and ran as such thats been elected to any office higher than dog catcher in the State of Virginia?

SouthernBoy

That's right. I never quoted you nor did I direct any statement to you. So why are you getting butt-hurt about personal attacks? I am not trying to personally attacking anyone!

There's all kinds of heated arguments about people's position in politics. I haven't started crying about "personal attacks" when being called out of touch with reality, or the same as a gun-grabbing liberal or whatever else. We're grown ups having a grown up conversation. Don't mistake it for an "personal attack".

"Butt-hurt"? Could that be a Freudian slip, by chance?

As for heated internet discourses, I don't place much skin in them. At my age and position (read that as retired), I am of a mind that not much gets my dander up or riles me nowadays. Except for those he chooses to care about, the man who worries about what other people think and feel about him is a fool. For me there are other more significant concerns to feed.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
If the Libertarian or Constitution Party wants to make a difference they need to start by getting a local official elected. Is there even a Lib or Const party member who identified and ran as such thats been elected to any office higher than dog catcher in the State of Virginia?

That pretty much covers it.

Thundar

Virgil Goode

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Virgil Goode

Virgil has been elected as a Democrat and he's been elected as a Republican, what office has he been elected to as a 3rd party candidate?
I suppose you could count his very first election (special election) where he was an independent, but shortly after being elected he joined the Democratic Party.

It's not Virgil who is unelectable in this race Thundar....it's the party.

Last edited: