• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry On The Move! Vote is tomorrow...with an amendment for a permit.

littlewolf

And only for handguns. That law needs to go. If I can take a shotgun or rifle home the same day, I should be able to do the same for a handgun.

No kidding, it would make my job easier too ,only one form to fill out and do the nics on line !

apierce918

this is no bargain! i have to have a permit to pass through a school zone cc, and the school zone crap is still in place for OC?! no friquin thanks.

what kind of crap are they offering for car carry? another worthless bargain?

If they take it out of the bill, its still illegal.

Da Po-lock

Hey Glock34 - I talked to a guy at TGS last friday and they anticipate another 1 week "at dealer cost" sale when CC passes here just like they did last year when Chicago gun ban was lifted. If you can wait a while you can get a real sweet deal on any gun. I'm looking at the Taurus 85 snubbie myself. For the price of the Armscor you can surely upgrade with the dealer cost sale to a Tarus or Smith (the Smith Airweight looks awesome). Another thing he told me was total cost is the gun plus tax, apparently they do NOT charge for the background check if you buy at the store. When you buy online the FFL holder you transfer to is the one who charger the background check fee.

Da Po-lock

Another thing before I forget - - Some of you are talking about the 3 day waiting period. I read somewhere that if you have a CC permit, you are exempt from the 3 day thing, that you can buy the gun and take it home with you right away. I have been reading so much about CC the last few months I can't remember if this will apply to us here in WI or if it was some other state. Anybody know about this?

Da Po-lock

Yet another thing, littlewolf maybe you can help seeing that you sell guns.

If I were to buy 2 guns at the same time there apparently is a different background check form for multiple gun purchases within 5 days that only require 1 background check and 1 fee for more than 1 gun, instead of running a separate check for each gun at $13 for each check.

Do you or anyone else know anything about this? And what is the fee for a multiple gun check?

Thanks for any help...........I'll leave you all alone now--------Da Po-lock

IcrewUH60

I am not falling for it but, as far as I understand it, a permit is needed to carry in a GFSZ. At the same time, I am not seeing any issue in Vermont.

good point! anyone got stories or news on this? I'm sure parents who carry in VT still pick up their children from school, right?

Outdoorsman1

I've never heard of a 3 day either. :) we have a 48 hour wait. In Wisconsin.

Yea I meant to say 2 day.... or maybe the dealer said something about 3 days before pick up to cover his being real busy with the pending new CC bill.....

Sorry for the confusion....

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

It used to be a 3-day wait in Wisconsin, I believe the brady bunch had something to do with the 3rd day being removed from the wait with the advent of the instant background check that they pushed for.

Or maybe I was thinking 3 day as in past hand gun purchase, or maybe just I typo....:banghead:

Outdoorsman1 :lol:

Outdoorsman1

If I were to buy 2 guns at the same time there apparently is a different background check form for multiple gun purchases within 5 days that only require 1 background check and 1 fee for more than 1 gun, instead of running a separate check for each gun at $13 for each check.

Do you or anyone else know anything about this? And what is the fee for a multiple gun check?

I filled out the paperwork yesterday for the Glock 27.. (buying it for sure)... still on the fence on the Mac-10. The dealer told me I could include both (two) handguns on one application = One $15.00 charge for both guns. The Mac-10 is classified and sold as a handgun...

Outdoorsman1

SIGdude

I filled out the paperwork yesterday for the Glock 27.. (buying it for sure)... still on the fence on the Mac-10. The dealer told me I could include both (two) handguns on one application = One $15.00 charge for both guns. The Mac-10 is classified and sold as a handgun...

Outdoorsman1

Unless it costs $15,000 and can do a mag dump in under 2 seconds I'm not quite sure why you would want one. But to each their own.

Outdoorsman1

Unless it costs $15,000 and can do a mag dump in under 2 seconds I'm not quite sure why you would want one. But to each their own.

4 reasons...

1.) I have wanted a Mac-10 for years... just because....
2.) Addition to the home defence arsonal...(currently a Mossberg 12 Ga. Pursuader).
3.) New "Man Toy"....
4.) Excellent Zombie Killer.... .45 Cal. W/ 30 round mag...

Obvioulsy not interested in it as a "Carry" firearm.... although with a (hand made) holster, it would be legal as it is classified and sold as a handgun....

The only drawback would be that fully loaded it is a little heavy....:D

Outdoorsman1

HandyHamlet

I iz no troll. Me like open carry gunz for critters and such. Conceal Carry only to do for weddins and like that so they sez.

Are you proposing a Concealed Carry wedding to me?

I'm genuinely flattered. However I generally like to be wined and dined first... and then there is the question of a ring?

Hint hint.

apjonas

If You Want to Change the Subject

Start another thread. This is called hijacking and is considered poor form. Plus it annoys the wildlife. Everybody has to search for the next post related to the OP.

Another thing (not directed to anyone in particular): My understanding, which may be faulty, is that the Wisconsin forum is for information related to, well, Wisconsin (however tenuous). Don't post in the State X forum just because you live in State X or that happens to be the forum you are browsing. If it wasn't important to pay attention to the forum, we could just have one Megathread. Now before somebody complains that I have "changed the subject" - please note this a response to another post with additional *related* informations attached to make sure the appropriate people saw it.

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

It used to be a 3-day wait in Wisconsin, I believe the brady bunch had something to do with the 3rd day being removed from the wait with the advent of the instant background check that they pushed for.

WI never had a 72 hour wait. Because WI already had as 48 hour wait in place when the Brady Bill went into effect we did not have to adopt the 5 day wait dictated by it. The mandated 5 day period sunsetted in 1998 and NICS went into play. WI maintains its DOJ checks and 48 hour wait even though it is not mandated by Federal law. WI could get rid of the DOJ checks and only use NICS with no waiting period. This would save WI some money and everyone would be just as safe.

Wisconsin initiated background
checks for handgun sales in 1978 by requiring federally licensed firearms dealers to comply
with a minimum 48-hour waiting period between the time of a handgun purchase and actual
transfer of the handgun. Background checks for handguns are conducted at the state level by
the Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ). The state’s 48-hour waiting period applies only
to handguns, not to purchases of rifles or shotguns.
From the time the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993 (Public Law 103-159)
was passed, until November 30, 1998, federal law generally required a 5-day waiting period
and criminal history background check before handgun purchases were completed. Wiscon*
sin was exempted from the longer federal waiting period because its background check and
48-hour waiting period laws were already in place.
http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lrb/pubs/wb/00wb11.pdf

Last edited: