• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Culpeper OC Dinner - Saturday, 12 December, @ 7:00pm

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hope someone checks. We're gonna be late - probably closer to 8 than 7 because spouse's class ran late. We still plan to see you.

Regular_Joe

imported post

streetdoc wrote:
Just checking, this is still a go for tonight, correct?
Apologies to all for the delayed response - spent the day at Greentop where the wife picked out her first handgun (and tonight was her first carry event!).

We had a great time chatting with Streetdoc, Tess and Skidmark and family members.

Streetdoc: my stepson really appreciated your knowledge. He commented that it is always interesting how military veterans seem to bond quickly. I agree completely - I think most of the folks at the table were prior military!

Thanks again for everyone for driving all the way out to our side of the world.

Regular_Joe

imported post

Tess wrote:
Hope someone checks. We're gonna be late - probably closer to 8 than 7 because spouse's class ran late. We still plan to see you.
Never too late to join friends, Tess! Great to meet you tonight. Enjoy the show tomorrow!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks for putting it together, Joe. Good company. Interesting conversations with the staff... one of them has a CHL that was issued for 12 years. Does the maximum length of a CHL vary by county? He showed me - issued 2001 and expires 2013.

I didn't realize the CHL looks different dependig on where it was issued, either.

streetdoc

imported post

We had a great time, Regular_Joe, we're glad you picked that restaurant, we have not eaten there before but we will be going back. Like I said, when you have question just ask away, you can post them here or send "PM's" directly to anybody you want to. Personally, I check this board several times a day to see what is happening, get a hold of us when ever you need to.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tess wrote:
Thanks for putting it together, Joe. Good company. Interesting conversations with the staff... one of them has a CHL that was issued for 12 years. Does the maximum length of a CHL vary by county? He showed me - issued 2001 and expires 2013.

I didn't realize the CHL looks different dependig on where it was issued, either.
CHPs in Va are issued for a five (5) year period. Something doesn't add up.
Section 18.2-308, Code of Virginia

Yata hey

Regular_Joe

imported post

streetdoc wrote:
We had a great time, Regular_Joe, we're glad you picked that restaurant, we have not eaten there before but we will be going back. Like I said, when you have question just ask away, you can post them here or send "PM's" directly to anybody you want to. Personally, I check this board several times a day to see what is happening, get a hold of us when ever you need to.
Glad you enjoyed the restaurant, doc!

Luigi's in Culpeper is owned by a great gentleman named, what else, Luigi! He took the time to come over during the dinner and, when he saw the orange GSL stickers, he said that the stickers should say, "Guns saved this country". We really appreciate his support of our right to carry and highly recommend his restaurant to any OC'ers in the area.