• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Culver To Sign Weapons Cary Permit Measure

Max G

imported post

So the answer from SS is that NO, IGO and SS did NOT support Shall Issue in Iowa.

Yet SS supports Vander Plaats because Vander Plaats supported Shall Issue.

Packer fan

imported post

Max G wrote:
Packer fan wrote:
luv_jeeps wrote:
Congratulations Iowa!!!!!!!!

If he does is fact sign the bill, I look forward to having a reciprocity agreement at some point.

+1

I too am looking forward to reciprocity except for Arkansas. If this happens I will avoid Ill all together while travailing to Wisconsin. It may take me a little longer to get where I am going but it's the scenic rout.:celebrate:celebrate
Culver signed the Bill last week!

It's a done deal.

As of 1/1/11, Iowa will recognize any out-of-State weapons permit if you are NOT a resident of Iowa.

Enjoy the Iowa scenery on the way to Cheeseland!

That's great! I plan on coming through at the end of June. How should I carry in the car?

IA_farmboy

imported post

That's great! I plan on coming through at the end of June. How should I carry in the car?

If you mean June of 2010 then you carry your sidearm unloaded and in a container too large to be concealed upon a person. That is because the law does not go into effect for eight months.

If you mean June of 2011 then I cannot answer your question definitively. The law does give some room for interpretation. That means the law will be viewed through the lens of administrative policy and judicial precedent. Judicial precedent includes some court cases currently before SCOTUS and some that could follow it in the next year.

Straight_Shooter

imported post

Max G wrote:
So the answer from SS is that NO, IGO and SS did NOT support Shall Issue in Iowa.
Well Maxie, as I know that you know, it is pretty easy to Prove that you are a liar . . . from my post of Monday, Nov 30[suP]th[/suP], 2009 . . . and I quote:

“As far as me having a "vendetta" against the NRA and IC, I don't. I DO have a vendetta against their compromising legislation, that will affect me if it passes. I have stated many times herethat I would find IC's "shall issue" desire to be wholly acceptable, AS LONG AS I DIDN'T HAVE TO SACRIFICE OTHER FREEDOMS TO GET IT. That is the whole issue here, and one that NONE of you . . . David, Sean, Steve, Tomor yourself will address . . . you guys KNOW that this has been the approach with IC and their "relationship" with Baudler over the years. In fact, I have personally seen posts on your forum where your members would make comments on Baudler's legislation like "I wish he wouldn't put that stuff in there." You guys KNOW it is in there, and you refuse to acknowledge it here. And I have no doubt that those of you who know this history with Baudler, know full well that what I had previously posted to be in the NRA bill is really in there.”

Q.E.D. - Maxie is a liar

SS

Max G

imported post

Oh sure SS, you've supported Shall Issue all along. You've done nothing, but support Shall Issue for the last several months.

To heck with Alaska Carry you say!

Of course several of your posts are self-deleted, and others were deleted by the moderators, for some reason, though everyone knows just how much you've been supporting Shall Issue.

And now that the Bill is Law, Vander Plaats also supports Shall Issue, and that is why you now support Vander Plaats.

Good to see we are all supporting Shall Issue now!

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
imported post

Straight_Shooter wrote:
Max G wrote:
Without gloating too much and rubbing it in to those who opposed Shall Issue in Iowa, I hereby thank the Governor for signing the Shall Issue Bill into Law.

Now SS, once you cool off, this would be an opportunity for you to reassess your approach, following your utter and complete failure to defeat the NRA and Iowa Carry.

I’ll help you with your assessment.

1. Your tactics are Crude, Rude, and the Neanderthal approach doesn’t work when passing Legislation when you and your small group have little or no power and money on your side.

2. Your strategy to move Iowa from May Issue to No Permit Required utterly failed.

3. Your passion is strong, but you need the wisdom to direct that energy in a positive way.

In summary, your Tactics, Strategy, and Inexperience has gotten you nowhere.

So what next?

I challenge you to adopt Tactics and develop a Strategy which does not rely on tearing down other gun groups, personally attacking your opposition, and threatening to 'Primary' those who disagree with you.

One strategy suggestion, and helpful hint for you:

First, push for a State Constitutional Amendment to protect the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. There are many reasons to go this direction first, but I’ll discuss that later, if you are civil.

Second, after securing a State Constitutional protection for the RTKBA, then push for the No Permit Required Approach.

Third, adopt tactics which are positive, that is, you must educate the opposition as to why the RTKBA is needed and why No Permit Required is the best approach. Then you need to build a base of supporters, and align them in the direction needed to achieve success. Try using logic and reason, and not a hammer.

Oh, and good luck.

They say that someone who bests a fool has proven nothing, but I guess I just can't help but play with the mice in the maze . . .

"Without gloating too much and rubbing it in to those who opposed Shall Issue in Iowa . . "

Yes Maxie, you think you are gloating, but you are too thick to realize you have no right to. You don't understand anything and this year's legislative session has taught you nothing at all. Neither I, nor IGO as far as I know, EVER opposed shall issue in Iowa . . . never . . . whatIopposed was the NRA / Iowa Carry making deals with the anti-gunDemocrats topass shall issue at any cost . . .up to the point of willingness to accept anything fromthe elimination of state preemption to inclusion of anti-gun federal law into Iowa Code. As a result, we now have "shall issue" with some of those exact unconstitutional provisions, plus state mandated training requirements that we didn't have before. For 99% of Iowans who get CCW permits, your “magnanimous” law actually set us back in terms of relative freedom, because we now have to take this ridiculous training, where we didn't before.[/b] So that is what your screwed up cadre of weenies that would never risk being "Crude, Rude, and Neanderthal in theirapproach when passing Legislation" accomplished.In other words, you ignorant, pompous arroganttypes at IC and the NRAscrewedthe majority of CCW permit holders in the state . . . so feel free to stop gloating and smell the coffee.

"Your strategy to move Iowa from May Issue to No Permit Required utterly failed."

Well nob-noggin,If that is true, thenevery year for the past five or six years, Iowa Carry has tried to pass legislation has"utterly failed" as well . . . so exactly whywas that ok for Iowa Carry, but not for IGO?I know that you are far too dense to realize that it was IGO that caused the NRA to take interest in Iowa in the first place, because IC was getting nowhere, and the IGO no compromise approachwaswhatFINALLY forced the anti-gunners to stop hiding behind the veil of sellout compromise bills that IC kept serving up and vote for a real second amendment bill for a change. Your complete lack of political acumen is pretty clear when you call a 5 vote loss in the HR and a 6 vote loss in the Senate an "utter failure." When you add to that that it is the very failure of the “pro-second amendment” NRA and Iowa Carry to support the Constitutional carry bill, with more than just a “declares for,” in the first place that caused Iowan’s to lose this worthy fight!

" . . . . you need the wisdom to direct that energy in a positive way."

Trust me Maxie . . . the day I look to you for "wisdom" . . . I'll first move to a state whereREAL MEN live instead ofthe likes ofyou.For now, though, unlike you, I’ll stick to usingthe truth if that is ok with you.

"In summary, your Tactics, Strategy, and Inexperience has gotten you nowhere."

a) The elections are in November, Mr. “political genius”. .Is itok with you if wewait until then to pay homage to you?. .But of course all the anti-gun Democrats, thanksto you and Iowa Carry / NRA, will be saying"but I voted for the Iowa Carry sellout bill that makes me pro-gun." So if anything has “gotten us nowhere,” it is the compromisers like you at IC and the NRA that refuse to take a principled stand for the second amendment. I have no doubt that you will be fawning and slobberingall over some anti-gun Democrat that voted for yourwatered down, compromise bill . . .the thought of you doing thatmakes menauseous!!

b) Your silly law is already being undermined by the Sheriff's, who are saying that there are plenty of ways to deny a permit left in the law . . . just passing the law doesn't mean everything is all roses . . . so when you decide to stop patting yourself on the back, you might want to wake up to reality.

"I challenge you to adopt Tactics and develop a Strategy which does not rely on . . threatening to 'Primary' those who disagree with you."

Maxie, of all the ignorant things I have ever seen you write, this is about the worst . . . and it shows just how unbelievably ignorant of the American political system you really are. But just for the record, the "threats of primaries" is EXACTLY what caused the "Republican's" in the legislature to work for a better bill than the piece of trash you and the NRA brought to the table in the beginning. Even Roger Burdett of Iowa Carry told the IGO representatives that if it hadn't been for IGO, their bill would have been much, much worse. I also note that it is lost on you that the entire anti-gun Democratic caucus voted against the Real Rightto Carry bill, which was the ONLY bill that recognized the second amendment right in Iowa. I am certain that won’t stop you from touting their “pro-second amendment” bonafides.

Just in case all this isn't clear Maxie, I will spell it out for you: I, and many other principled men in this state, have no desire to pass compromiselegislation like yours . . . so you can takeyour "sell-out at all costs to get what you want" approach to legislation . . . and put it right where the sun don't shine.

"So what next?"

Put your crayons away Maxie . . . I, and IGO I am certain, aren't going anywhere just yet, and I can pretty much guarantee we'll be back again next year stronger than ever . . . so we won’t be needing your spineless begging approach to politics just yet.

In summary, Maxie, here is a quote from Samual Adams that I am sure he made just for people like you:

"If ye love . . . the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." — Samuel Adams

SS
To me it is self evident that Max G got owned and schooled by Straight Shooter! Even if he won't or can't admit it. God bless Iowa, it is a beautiful state to visit

amaixner

imported post

duty_calls.png

Sure would be nice if didn't fight over who said what about whom and for how much money, and instead work towards continually improving gun rights laws.

Straight_Shooter

imported post

amaixner wrote:
Sure would be nice if didn't fight over who said what about whom and for how much money, and instead work towards continually improving gun rights laws.

Agree . . .why not tell your buddy Maxie to join in that. . . ifhe is what Iowa Carry has to offer . . . I am forever glad that I am not a member . . .

SS

Straight_Shooter

imported post

NewZealandAmerican wrote:
To me it is self evident that Max G got owned and schooled by Straight Shooter! Even if he won't or can't admit it. God bless Iowa, it is a beautiful state to visit

Ahh . . . no thanks! . . . Iowa Carry can keep him . . . he's alltheirs in all his "splendor." I want nothing to do with him . . .

SS

NewZealandAmerican

imported post

Straight_Shooter wrote:
NewZealandAmerican wrote:

Ahh . . . no thanks! . . . Iowa Carry can keep him . . . he's alltheirs in all his "splendor." I want nothing to do with him . . .

SS
I hear you brother, in LIBERTY! Be bold, carry on!!!

Uber_Olafsun

imported post

Thank everyone in Iowa for getting this passed. I live in VA but my father lives in Dyersville. Before if I was going to visit forget bringing my firearm with me. Now it is more in line with the rest of the country and soon maybe in line with the constitution.

NewZealandAmerican