• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

David Spade Pony's up for Police Weaponry

KansasMustang

imported post

marshaul wrote:
I think the discrepancy here arises from the fact that the Founders were most worried about Tyranny arising from a centralized "federal" government, perhaps to the point that they neglected to provide insurance against localized tyranny. Or maybe they figured that citizens apathetic enough to allow tyranny at the local level are simply to lazy to enjoy freedom (practically speaking).

While I agree that requiring a license to do something so fundamental to success in a modern society as driving is contrary to the spirit of freedom in which this country was founded, I regretfully concede that there is nothing in any state constitution which prevents such mandatory licensure.
Discrepency? I think there already is Tyranny at both the Federal and State and local levels. And since the Constitution was written as THE only law and the 14th Amendment ensures that states cannot deny any person of life, Liberty, or property without due process of law. Unless I missread, or misunderstand that means that States cannot override or enact legislation that is more restrictive??

nitrovic

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
No, the Gestapo label is not out of line, but very well deserved. Obviously, you either have had next to no contact with the "law enforcement" community or you do as most Amerikans: turn a blind eye to their criminal behavior. With all this information available  at their very fingertips, it's discouraging to know most people around me choose to remain blissfully ignorant of what's taking place.

You're right, I have had little contact with those LE types. I'm glad you have let me know about them. I'll keep a lookout.:uhoh: Ohh wait!!! I see one right now!! He's in the reflection of my computer screen!!!! What am I going to do with this Gestapo pig!!!:lol:

Pro2ndA

imported post

This is an interesting group. I'm glad to meet y'all.

If I may take a middle line in this discussion, LEOs are human beings. There are good ones and bad ones. I have friends, who are good LEOs, and I've had dealings with bad LEOs. (including asset forfeiture of 2 SKS-Ds and 2 Desert Eagle .50 AEs) When an individual makes a decision to use the authority entrusted to them in a manner, which is destructive to the freedom of others; this is a very serious malevalent act. Yet, vested with that same authority; good LEOs protect this very freedom.

What we need are more individuals, who are educated in the principles of freedom and committed to living righteously, in these positions of trust. This begins with the education of each child in this philosophy and these moral principles. This begins with each citizen obtaining this understanding. It will not happen through the efforts of our corrupted government, but through our individual efforts.

Thanks for being part of the team.

nitrovic

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Mark has higher standards than most people for how police should behave.  I don't know that I entirely disagree with his conclusions. 

With that said, Mark, I recommend not lighting Nitrovic's fuze.  It will just be a long argument and will get nowhere.  

Yes, it is my fault he said the Gestapo comment. I'm sure I'm the only one that thinks that is out of line. At least he has the ba!!s to say it though. I respect his right to say it (although I know it isn't true). However, on this forum it is out of line.

AZkopper

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
The founding Fathers had in mind that the ONLY law of the land is the Constitution. Any and all "Ordinances" "Laws" etc are unconstitutional. PERIOD.

Wow....I mean Wow..... Contemporary to the writting of the Constitution, each of the colonies had local common laws that were codified. These were not thrown out with the Constitution, nor is there any contemporary writtings from anyone associated with the forming of this nation to suggest that (to my knowledge, but feel free to post some links).

If there were to be no laws other than the Constitution, wouldn't the founding fathers have spoken out to disband local magistrate courts, local sheriff's and constables, and thrown out colonial (state) laws (since it was these officials that dealt with the common laws).

Additionally, if the Constitution is the ONLY law of the land, I guess the only crime is treason, since murder, rape, theft, fraud and a whole list of crimes are not listed.

Once again, we are decending in to Freeman fantasyland. I'm done here.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

I didn't read most of this thread or even all of the first post, but if people want to spend their personal money on the gov't, why not let them? Means less of your tax money has to be spent on whatever they donated.