• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dec 13th Rally at the Capital?

SovereigntyOrDeath

No what we need to do is quit playing games by fighting this through a system that will drag this out over years and by the time it's over they will have passed ten more laws that are unconstitutional. We need to simply not comply with unjust laws and stand our ground. "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is that dealing with bills in the legislature and dealing with initiatives geared toward the mindless sheeple voters are two entirely different processes that require two entirely different tactics to fight against. Rallies and protests and rational letters and discussion will work to defeat a bill in the legislature, just like it has in the past. Fighting an initiative requires lots and lots of public relations that gets right into the homes of the lazy and/or ignorant voters who aren't going to get out and research a damn thing on their own. That requires lots and lots of organization funded by lots and lots of $$$. In the case with I-594, not a single pro-gun organization that had anything close to the $$$ required to fight it did a damn thing but make a few phone calls and one or two TV ads to prevent I-594 from passing.

Now it is time to take it to the courts and the question is what is the SAF and NRA or whatever pro-gun group waiting for? The initiative clearly did not meet the requirements for a legal initiative to be on the ballot so why isn't that grounds enough to bring the first lawsuit? Unless you think we can get 2/3 of the legislature to repeal something that almost 60% of the voters voted for.

When faced with unconstitutional "laws", Civil Disobedience has been a part of changing them in this country since The Boston Tea Party. Rosa Parks comes to mind also.

If someone was to transfer a firearm without paperwork (civil disobedience) and the gets arrested and charged, then the law can be adjudicated and hopefully repealed. Hopefully the NRA and other deep pockets will pay for the legal fees.

Both of your posts advocate action. Action is needed to make change. No doubt.

This post in no way advocates any illegal activity.

Dave Workman

Absolutely correct Dave. That was the plan all along. Selective messaging and enforcement. You wrote articles on how after the election was over wagr and others behind 594 all of a sudden started calling it a gun control measure after not doing that and then they started saying how they wanted more laws after claiming 594 and their push was only about background checks.

Yep, I wrote about that several times. Amazing how the truth came out after they were comfy with a victory.

Now, amazingly, some folks weren't happy I wrote about that, or anything else. Go figure.:banghead:

The Truth

Just wanted you guys to know, this rally was a HUGE deal. My mother in South Carolina even messaged me today to ask if I knew about this since she knows I'm involved in OC activism. Good stuff guys, keep it up! There's no such thing as bad publicity in regards to a peaceful protest.

Spooler41

As I recall voter turnout on this election were at the 50% level. Now saying 60% of voters voted for I -594, truly means only 30%
of eligible voters really approved it. I have to chalk this loss up to low information voters and low voter turnout.
The opposition virtually stole this from the pro gun party. Low information voters will nail you every time, if allowed.

....................... Jack

Last edited: