• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Defeat Senate Bill 96!

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Ok, here is an update on the situation with this bill. It seems that it is currently still stuck in the Senate Rules committee. This is good news so far. As long as it stays there until the end of the session, it will die and may never see a vote on the house floor.

For verification of this status, visit this link from the Utah State Legislature website.

http://le.utah.gov/~2009/status/sbillsta/sb0096.htm

Kevin

Mark (IL)

imported post

I am an Illinois resident (what can I say?)--but lived in Utah (and AK) for many years.. My Utah permit is obviously very important for me and so many others--so those of you voting in Utah-- thank you for maintaining my right to carry in most of the country. Pls. Do not let it disappear. (My out of state instructor did a fine job, btw)... best, Mark

scorpioajr

imported post

Mark (IL) wrote:
I am an Illinois resident (what can I say?)--but lived in Utah (and AK) for many years.. My Utah permit is obviously very important for me and so many others--so those of you voting in Utah-- thank you for maintaining my right to carry in most of the country. Pls. Do not let it disappear. (My out of state instructor did a fine job, btw)... best, Mark
We're doin' our best, bud. So far - the most it seems would be to contact local legislatures and write/voice my/our concerns.

My Utah permit is obviously very important for me and so many others--
+1 So many make a living of of instructing Utah CFP classes for non-residents. It would truly be a shame.

thx997303

imported post

So what happened with these bills? I'm hoping that the lack of information is a positive on this one.

Okay, soSB96 is dead it seems.

And dang, it looks like HB 204 had some legs. But it seems to be dead as well.