• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deputies got to wrong address, shoot resident

papa bear

If the resident had peered through the window and observed firearms already pointed in his direction by people who were clearly identified as police (there's nothing to say they were pointing at him or that they were clearly identifiable as police) it would behoove him to find out why they are there before opening a door and pointing a gun at them. That's just stupid, even if the police are in the wrong.

If the resident had peered through the window and saw random people standing on his porch already pointing guns at him, his decision to open the door was tactically stupid as well, whether he had a gun or not. The occupants of the porch, however, had not begun to beat down any door, and had only knocked on the door much like any person would do to rouse a person inside. If the people were not pointing guns at him already, he still had no reason to point a gun at them. quote

he JMELVIN
GRYLNSMN beat me to it. we really don't know if he pointed the gun at the LEO. we only have their word for it. nor do we know if it was forced entry. by the lack of what the LEO's are saying. maybe if we have the official reports of this incident we can know more