• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detained, no, NOT detained! St. Peters Red Lobster

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Glad you enjoyed your Valentines Day celebration - You did good on both counts.

I don't send hate mail - think of them as little post-it notes w/reminders. :p

It is a work thing. When one has something to do and they failed to complete it, we refer to it as receiving "hate mail" cause you just hate getting it saying you did something wrong.

For those reading along and asking about the totality, a FOIA request was made and the call was classified as a "NNR" which for that department means No Need to Report and beyond that it was not clear without research if a 911 call came in or just a call to the office. So there is no additional information to be had beyond it being a mildly intrusive but politely conducted casual contact that was dispensed of rapidly through providing a CCW card upon request. Since it is a OC with CCW only, there would be 0 reason to not comply and intentionally escalate it to the demand level IMHO, other opinions might vary.

A visit to the restaurant indicated that a patron thought it illegal, mentioned it to manager, corporate directive is not to approach armed persons and have the police do it. They did not post the restaurant nor do they have any intentions of doing so, they know I have carried OC in there before and it was simply a manager who did not know the law so he called those who are supposed to is all. I should imagine OC in there would not be any sort of similar problem based off of the simple fact I was not asked to leave and I was told when inquiring post event that we are indeed welcome there and they apologized for potentially messing up our holiday, which they did not, it is just something that happens sometimes when you OC. I know it and my lovely maiden knows it, seemed to anger the folks next to us a lot more than it ever could me.