• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Difference between a rifle and pistol and how to prove it to cops who arrest you for open carrying ?

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

This is the cheapest gun I've ever owned so any resale value damage is insignificant. The initial orange was just the muzzle nut, none of my other guns have had threaded barrels with and easy to paint part. All the others were also carried in holsters, they were not visible like this one.

buster81

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
This is the cheapest gun I've ever owned so any resale value damage is insignificant. The initial orange was just the muzzle nut, none of my other guns have had threaded barrels with and easy to paint part. All the others were also carried in holsters, they were not visible like this one.

Even more visible with the orange tip. :D

Wouldn't the resale value of the other guns be insignificant if their paint scheme prevented you from being shot, as an innocent person?

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

buster81 wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:

Wouldn't the resale value of the other guns be insignificant if their paint scheme prevented you from being shot, as an innocent person?
I would only draw a gun in self defense. The only time one of those would have been visible if I was going to use deadly force. This AK handgun is not carried in a holster. It is slung and the tip is visible at all times.

buster81

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
buster81 wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:

I would only draw a gun in self defense. The only time one of those would have been visible if I was going to use deadly force. This AK handgun is not carried in a holster. It is slung and the tip is visible at all times.
Since you have open carried all the other guns, they were visible. At least the holster is visible, which everyone knows is partially covering a gun.

Iassume slung means that it's securely slung, not just hanging off your shoulder. If that's the case, what about thisslung handgun causes it to be more of a contributing factor in your getting shot by the policewhile not doing anything wrong?

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

buster81 wrote:
Iassume slung means that it's securely slung, not just hanging off your shoulder. If that's the case, what about thisslung handgun causes it to be more of a contributing factor in your getting shot by the policewhile not doing anything wrong?

The AK-47 is big and visible. It represents a bigger threat.

buster81

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
buster81 wrote:

The AK-47 is big and visible. It represents a bigger threat.

But your not touching it right? You are minding your ownbusiness with your hands clearly away from your slung handgun not threatening anyone, so why worry about it?

You said yourself on page three of this thread:

"I don't understandhow I could cause a panic. Maybe someone else would cause a panic, but I fully obey all carry laws."

If you don't cause a panic, regardless of your bigger more threatening gun, why worry more about being shot by the "gung-ho" cops. If the "gung-ho" cops are going to shoot you without cause, the orange tip isn't a magic talisman to prevent it. Sorry.

As a side note, I'll get back to doing work, but thanks for discussing it. I think you should continue to carry whatever you like, in what ever method you like. However,I can't possibly see how painting part of your slung handgun makes you less of a target for a LEO, but carry on.

slowfiveoh

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
I did NOT try to associate you with the fort hood shooter. I simply pointed out that your nothing or everything approach to supporting TSA means that you must support ALL people who legally acquire and lawfully carry firearms, including people like that guy. Since you do not support the shootings that he committed, you clearly do recognize that it is possible to support a persons right to firearms, while NOT supporting their intent or actions or every not with a gun.

You tried to pin my ideology (That any person not a criminal, or deemed mentally unstable/incoherent should be allowed to possess a firearm of any make, model, color, caliber, or size) as somehow being permissive (therefore an accesory *to*) of the listed shootings. This is clearly evident by your posts.

I do certainly recognize that ANY person who may legally own a firearm, may at some point become inherently unstable, and therefore at that particular point cause significant damage. However, the understanding that nobody was presently carrying ANY firearm except for him, certainly sheds light on the "guns for everybody" idea, does it not?

I cannot recall a single mass shooting that was prompted by painting the tip of an AK47 pistol, then walking around in a lawful manner, then complying with all orders whether legal or not, being given by a law enforcement officer, all while simultaneously maintaining extremely high levels of visibility across the nation via online forums.

Sounds like someone, regardless of their true intent, has put a rather large whoopy cushion under your seats, and some of you looked down in your chair noticed the cushions, and decided to sit anyways. Thats kind of emberassing to ones self I believe.

In regards to my commentary regarding serving, it was only brought up because of your ridiculous attempt to associate me with those horrible events. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks for cleaning up the pentagon bud, but that wasn't going to be good enough for me. I went down and signed the dotted line the day after it happened. Would have signed the same day, sworn in, and gotten shipped, but apparently the backgroundcheck takes 24 hours.

bohdi

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
buster81 wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:

This guys tip isn't visible. Maybe you should adopt his carry style

RussP

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
What? Your goal to provoke police to the point they arrest you.

What would be acceptable findings from your complaints?
I don't follow cops around. I simply mind my own business and cops approach me. How did I provoke the encounter at Radnor Lake? I didn't. I've posted the audio and I do not sound threatening. I showed the first ranger my ID and spoke with him in a normal tone. Yet, I was treated as adangerous criminal.

I'm still trying to decide. I'll read the report and maybe give them to a lawyer to look over. Don't worry I will post them on the web as well.
You say you don't sound threatening in the audio. That may be true, but what about your statement, "The AK-47 is big and visible. It represents a bigger threat." Seems you let your AK do the threatening for you.

What happens when the reports come back and they are not to your satisfaction? What will be next?