• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DISAPPOINTED IN MOC!!!

autosurgeon

imported post

The only thing I will say is this. We have had events in the past that were poorly attended and we will in the future.

Expecting the leadership to be at every event is also a stretch. Exspecting them to OC 100% of the time is also unrealistic. Just BC the believe in the cause does not mean they OC all of the time or at all.

I think this thread needs to die as it is not productive nor beneficial in any way.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

I agree this thread needs to die. I guess I'm sort of defeating the purpose; but since ethics have been brought into question here, here I go. I will also make it known that I asked for the original post to be deleted before there was a single comment, but apparantly some folks do not respect their leadership.

I have said before, in this very forum and before the vast majority were even here, MY LIFE IS AN OPEN BOOK. While I am confident most will see through the contents of this thread, I also would like to invite anyone with any questions whatsoever to contact me via email at jsayers@miopencarry.org

autosurgeon

imported post

However they wish to know what is going on this thread is disrespectful of the leadership who are volunteers and may have a diff schedule and responsibilities from the OP.

Everyone has always done what they can and we have gotten along just fine.

To be perfectly honest I think what we have right now is an over-saturation of events back to back in a small area. This leads to people having to choose which ones to attend as they may only have time for one.

Bringing up how often a person chooses to OC is also unnecessary as that is a personal decision!

I mean no disrespect but this should have been handled internally. The fact that it was not disturbs me as it shows a lack of professional courtesy.

NOTE the above comments are mine alone and in no way reflect an official MOC position.

G

imported post

The leadership of MOC has an obligation to inform its membership.

It appears that the dissemination of information to the membership has not been forthcoming, for whatever reason.

Sprinklerguy obviously felt it incumbent upon himself to disseminate this information via the only medium available to him.

Had the leadership of MOC provided him, and us, another medium, it might not have been necessary to discuss this here.

The need of a different medium has been discussed repeatedly. It was agreed upon in discussions where I was present, that a website and forum had been prepared and was ready for implementation.

Why has it not been done? This was discussed weeks ago and at the time of that discussion the work was completed and ready to implement. What are we waiting for?

Viperar15 responed in another thread that alot is in the works and that it takes time. At the time I accepted that explaination. However upon receipt of further information I have come to know that this response is not accurate.

Now with respect to the leaders of MOC not actively participating in the activity of open carrying, I have to ask why not? How can I be expected to participate in a movement that is directly related to the activity of openly carrying a handgun if those that are the representative leaders of the organization don't find it convenient for them to do that very thing themselves?

G

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
I agree this thread needs to die. I guess I'm sort of defeating the purpose; but since ethics have been brought into question here, here I go. I will also make it known that I asked for the original post to be deleted before there was a single comment, but apparantly some folks do not respect their leadership.

I have said before, in this very forum and before the vast majority were even here, MY LIFE IS AN OPEN BOOK. While I am confident most will see through the contents of this thread, I also would like to invite anyone with any questions whatsoever to contact me via email at jsayers@miopencarry.org
I wonder if the leadership respects the membership.

taxwhat

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
The leadership of MOC has an obligation to inform its membership.

It appears that the dissemination of information to the membership has not been forthcoming, for whatever reason.

Sprinklerguy obviously felt it incumbent upon himself to disseminate this information via the only medium available to him.

Had the leadership of MOC provided him, and us, another medium, it might not have been necessary to discuss this here.

The need of a different medium has been discussed repeatedly. It was agreed upon in discussions where I was present, that a website and forum had been prepared and was ready for implementation.

Why has it not been done? This was discussed weeks ago and at the time of that discussion the work was completed and ready to implement. What are we waiting for?

Viperar15 responed in another thread that alot is in the works and that it takes time. At the time I accepted that explaination. However upon receipt of further information I have come to know that this response is not accurate.

Now with respect to the leaders of MOC not actively participating in the activity of open carrying, I have to ask why not? How can I be expected to participate in a movement that is directly related to the activity of openly carrying a handgun if those that are the representative leaders of the organization don't find it convenient for them to do that very thing themselves?
The Truth Will set You Free!

Haman J.T.

imported post

As a member,I have an OC event every day,unless it's raining.I hate a wet gun!

G

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
I get emails, newsletters, and I check this forum. I feel I have Gotten my monies worth so far.
But what about the rest of us schmucks?

I want to be the Assistant Deputy Sargent-at-Arms so that I can be on the inside too.

Did any of those correspondences explain why Mikesilly's website and forum that was ready for implementation has not been instituted?

What about funding a legal defense fund using membership fees that the Board would have sole control of? How will that be controled without membership input/knowledge? Was that in any of your emails?

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:
I get emails, newsletters, and I check this forum. I feel I have Gotten my monies worth so far.

I want to be the Assistant Deputy Sargent-at-Arms so that I can be on the inside too.
Join the club (membership is cheap), run for office, or come to the events!

G

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:

Join the club (membership is cheap), run for office, or come to the events!
What do you mean "join the club"?

G

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
As an Official of MOC, are you provided with a listing of the MOC membership and their emails, as you should have been upon appointment?

How do you communicate with other members?

G

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:

Did any of those correspondences explain why Mikesilly's website and forum that was ready for implementation has not been instituted?

What about funding a legal defense fund using membership fees that the Board would have sole control of? How will that be controled without membership input/knowledge? Was that in any of your emails?
Still some unanswered questions here.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
The current count, I believe, is 8 emails from the top to the members.

3 were for the newsletter at christmas, 1 was for the charter members' names on the website, 1 was for brian stepping down, 1 was for OC of a long gun, 1 was for the MOC scholarship fund, and 1 was for request for research director.