• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do some of you think....

GenkiSudo

imported post

Big difference here.....I am absolutely AGAINST gun control. I'm also against people going out OCing looking for trouble, a confrontation or a LEO to be wrong in the slightest word so they can go up in arms about their rights being infringed.

This just isn't about gun control either....racism, sexism....well hell, basically any "ism" where folks are going out of their way to have people abuse their God given rights so they can get up in arms about it on a forum, the news or in congress. Sure it will get publicity but unlike Hollywood, all publicity isn't good publicity. Rosie O'Donnell crying homophobe every opportunity she gets when she is a bigot doesn't really help the cause of homosexuals being accepted. Al Sharpton pulling a race card on anything and everything when, in my opinion, he's nearly as bad as the folks he's yelling about. PETA, Greenpeace....take your pick. Just because the fight is a good fight doesn't mean the methods to go about it are right.

scorpioajr

imported post

sfemti33 wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Just a friendly visual aid:
And we agreed that we should all have guns, so why is that in this discussion thread again? I dont disagree, complete gun control is wrong. So whats your point?

excuse me haas - didn't mean to offend. just found the visual and thought i would share on this open forum with all. Oops!:celebrate

GenkiSudo

imported post

Alright bitches....keep it civil.

My bad....thought you were trying to say that I was for gun control.

scorpioajr

imported post

sfemti33 wrote:
excuse me haas - didn't mean to offend. just found the visual and thought i would share on this open forum with all. Oops!:celebrate
Haas? 1964 called, it wants its lame ass saying back. By the way, I thought there were different threads for different topics, do you not follow other rules either? Makes me wonder.

wow - theres no makin' friends with you, eh? have fun.

ScottyT

imported post

My comments in red.

sfemti33 wrote:
To xRapidDavex_

Did you go too far? No, you just reaffirmed what the OP was talking about, you are one of the nuts. You are not one of the level headed individuals who make a decision and stand by it. You get flashpoint hotimmediately when anyone "challenges" your views.

There is no need for personal attacks, like you pointed out, its just an Internet discussion. Dave just got a little hot under the collar because he thinks you are here just to get a rise out of people. I don't mind genuine curiosity and I have enjoyed thinking about your questions, but I have also questioned your sincerity -- we get a lot of trolls on these boards and sometimes it is hard to distinguish between them and people who are sincere.

As far as a "political statement" is why you do it, are you a fascist?

Since when do you need to be a facist to make a political statement? As much as I hate it, guns have very much become a political issue in this country and I think a lot (if not most) OCers see their actions as political on some level, I know I do.

And you "carry because you CAN". Well I CAN come right up to you and punch you in your smarmy face,

This is just childish. Dave "because I can" refers to his legal right to bear arms, your example, while of course physically possible, is not legal.

Although, your attitudejust firms up my opinion that mental evaluations need to be done as well, for suitability to own and carry a firearm.

Either we are equal or we are not. Either our right to bear arms is infringed or it is not. Sure, there are some people that can legally own guns that I get nervous about, but it is their right just as much as it is mine.

I think anyone who is a citizen of this country, sound of mind, and technically able to carry a firearm should. No questions asked, on your hip, on your chest, on a little pointy hat on your head, I agree its a right. I just questions INTENTIONS.

As long as an individual is acting within the law, intentions, while a potentially interesting topic of discussion, have no real importance for anyone but the individual carrying.

Again, there is no need for personal attacks based on something as trivial as an internet conversation. I have enjoyed thinking about the questions you have asked, but the manner in which you ask them makes it hard to determine if you are a troll or a sincere inquirer.

ScottyT

imported post

Never forget:

internet-24591.jpg

fuzzson

imported post

I am totally for the rights to bear arms. However I think there are different methods to go about expressing your thoughts and feelings. Walking in to kmart with a gun on your hip isn't the smartest thing to do, even though you legally can. I know for a fact that you can walk down Lehi main street with a shot gun over your shoulder, is it smart? And correct me if i'm wrong, but when was the last time someone got shot mowing their lawn? just becasue you can carry a gun on your hip for the whole world to seeto boost your ego, or make you feel cool, or in my opinion to be the hero, doesn't mean its the best way to do it. Like Genkisudo said, about tactics, a nuke would take care of the middle east really quick, does that mean we should do it?

fuzzson

imported post

well i personally haven't done it, but i imagine that evey cop in lehi would be hot on your tail.

ScottyT

imported post

While perfectly legal, the Open Carry of long arms is generally discouraged for those who wish to see this movement progress. One step at a time, walk before run, milk before meat and all that...

...but it is your right!

fuzzson

imported post

so are you saying that we should all open carry??? to help the "movement"?

fuzzson

imported post

all right fem bot, cool your jets...dont make me give you some milk!

ScottyT

imported post

sfemti33 wrote:
ScottyT wrote:
While perfectly legal, the Open Carry of long arms is generally discouraged for those who wish to see this movement progress. One step at a time, walk before run, milk before meat and all that...

...but it is your right!
"milk before meat" my BIGGEST LDS pet peeve saying..... but thats a thread for another website
I was quoting with the Bible in mind(Isaiah, 1 Cor., Hebrews...), but I guess it does say that in LDS scripture as well...

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

fuzzson wrote:
I am totally for the rights to bear arms. However I think there are different methods to go about expressing your thoughts and feelings. Walking in to kmart with a gun on your hip isn't the smartest thing to do, even though you legally can. I know for a fact that you can walk down Lehi main street with a shot gun over your shoulder, is it smart? And correct me if i'm wrong, but when was the last time someone got shot mowing their lawn? just becasue you can carry a gun on your hip for the whole world to seeto boost your ego, or make you feel cool, or in my opinion to be the hero, doesn't mean its the best way to do it. Like Genkisudo said, about tactics, a nuke would take care of the middle east really quick, does that mean we should do it?
Not exactly mowing the lawn, but close enough... So by my count the last time someone in the front lawn was shot was 2 weeks ago in SLC...

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=3699657

Gang shooting leaves 7-year-old girl dead July 6th, 2008 @ 9:46pm By John Hollenhorst
A gang shooting in Salt Lake City tonight had tragic consequences. A 7-year-old girl was shot dead while playing on the sidewalk in front of her home. It happened about dinner time after a day in which gang threats were hurled around the neighborhood. Police say someone returned and started shooting.