• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you believe there will be a 2nd revolution?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Then, in the middle of a war against a shadowy, elusive but deadly enemy, they rolled out a Potemkin "president" who got elected due to a witche's brew of misplaced Black racial pride, idiotic Liberal White guilt and - most important - Rust Belt desperation. His only real utility to these vermin is that he is a sop to Black folks who - despite decades of their promises-still live in the same old 'hood and still take the same old handouts; that he leads cheers for their causes and candidates; and that he will obediently sign whatever legislation these rats tell him to. As a Commander - In - Chief he is a disaster, and although it is not likely I would not rule out a Military coup de' etat for the good of not just the country but also the free world.

This Revolution is not coming, it is here, and in Founding terms it is today about January 1775. The Ballot Box before the Cartouche, indeed. But there are events that may yet dump the poop into the wood chipper. One way or another these rats have to go.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS.
A good point - Rust Belt desperation - that I hadn't previously considered, and well made. Thank you.

I pray that our steelworkers and benighted union members will reconsider their sycophantic apologies for the Obamination and its status quo.

I was pouring organic matter through my 10 hp chipper-shredder, well rotted leaf mulch, and making compost when it tried to shred a half-inch bolt. I hope that the vast conservative conspiracy becomes a bolt to the heart of the Obamination.

rodbender

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
rodbender wrote:
Interceptor_Knight wrote:
The SCOTUS has upheld restrictions on firearm ownership including the NFA,
What case was it that upheld the NFA 1934? I've been looking for it, but keep missing it.
US vs Miller 1939...
IK, I want you to know that I am very familiar with U.S. v Miller and it did not uphold NFA 1934. My reply will probably be quite lenghthy and I do not have the time at the moment to respond. I will post at a later time, p robably this evening. I just wanted you to know that I am not ignoring you.

fox_angola

imported post

i agree with you completely, but if we have another war on our own soil, during that time the government will see it as an opertunity to put in place more of the bs laws. i'm not one of those paycho, overthrow the government guys i love my country as much as the next guy, but if a war does happen here then the government will find a way to ake away our guns, and leave us defenceless

zack991

imported post

fox_angola wrote:
i agree with you completely, but if we have another war on our own soil, during that time the government will see it as an opportunity to put in place more of the bs laws. i'm not one of those paycho, overthrow the government guys i love my country as much as the next guy, but if a war does happen here then the government will find a way to ake away our guns, and leave us defenseless
I am not afraid of them taking my firearms away from me, at least while I am alive and putting lead in their direction. Let them make the fatal mistake in taking our freedom from us. They can pass these BS laws even with all of us screamin NO. Remember one thing, they still have to come to forcefully take them from me and others. Groups like OATH Keepers gives me hope that if the time ever came I have fellow soldiers to count on. We had a hell of a time in Iraq to get that mess under control and they will have even more problems stateside even with all our high tech tools. I rather die with blood on my weapon then an old man hearing my grand kids asking why did we not do anything to fight back.

"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin'. If you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick." -Clint Smith

2006247138932442154_rs.jpg

At least some one gets it, why can't the fools in DC figure it out. We will win any war.
GrassRifle.jpg

Don't let this be you.
43h5552dn1.jpg

This better be us if the time ever comes.

concord.jpg

If not I leave this word of thought with you.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands, which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -Samuel Adams

PointofView

imported post

Undertaker wrote:
I heard a news report just last week that said the weather is more right now for a revolution than has been ever.I don't know, it's not a good thing to think about. I believe there's as much chance for a revolution as there is for another attack on U.S. soil.

I just remember the knee jerk reaction of the American People after 9/11. I was so disappointed in my fellow Americans as they gladly and willingly handed over their freedoms and liberty to the Bush Administration.

I hope the people of this forum were screaming at the top of their lungs when the federal government with the will of the people started tapping citizens phones with illegal phone taps. I have argued this same point with people on the right and left and they seemed to say, "Well if you are not guilty of wrongdoing who cares?".

The idea of the executive branch simply bypassing the Judicial Branch as no legal opinion was sought for these investigations. Legislative was disregarded due to the law not being followed, and yet now is a time when some of you think a revolution will happen?

When the Patriot Act was making George Orwell's 1984 look like an instruction manual, Where were you? When people were claiming you are with us or against us! Where were you.

When people blindly entered into Iraq claiming that we have to fight them over there, and the illusion was given that Iraq had a play in 9/11; Where were you?

Patriot Act gave the Federal Government the ability to tap your phones, contact your lawyer and demand information without your knowledge and a gag order. You to be picked up and taken away for interrogation without trial or legal representation. Where was the public outcry then when the Government were giving the green light to illegal search and seizure and suspension of civil rights?

What is so much worse right now, that this would be the time?

Don't be fooled into thinking that most Americans are independent thinkers. They believed in the previous mentioned items because they were scared, or in their own little bubble and didn't think it important to them.

Where were you when a conservitive was using the constitution for toilet paper? Now a democrat is in office and has to deal witha huge defecit, multiple wars, severance of foreign relations, terrorismand a faltering economy, and you would say now is the time many want to revolt.

Let me ask, what would you do once it was done? How would we be better off? I always hear complaining, moaning and groaning, but very, very few posts show an idea.

Get real, you live in the greatest country in the world and without an idea to make a better country what is the point of revolution?

V/R

Proud American

*Edited Spacing to make this more readable.*

Bull Frog

imported post

PointofView wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
I heard a news report just last week that said the weather is more right now for a revolution than has been ever. I don't know, it's not a good thing to think about.  I believe there's as much chance for a revolution as there is for another attack on U.S. soil.

I just remember the knee jerk reaction of the American People after 9/11.  I was so disappointed in my fellow Americans as they gladly and willingly handed over their freedoms and liberty to the Bush Administration.  I hope the people of this forum were screaming at the top of their lungs when the federal government with the will of the people started tapping citizens phones with illegal phone taps.  I have argued this same point with people on the right and left and they seemed to say, "Well if you are not guilty of wrongdoing who cares?".  The idea of the executive branch simply bypassing the Judicial Branch as no legal opinion was sought for these investigations.  Legislative was disregarded due to the law not being followed, and yet now is a time when some of you think a revolution will happen?  When the Patriot Act was making George Orwell's 1984 look like an instruction manual where were you?  When people were claiming you are with us or against us!  Where were you.  When people  blindly entered into Iraq claiming that we have to fight them over there, and the illusion was given that Iraq had a play in 9/11; Where were you?

Patriot Act gave the Federal Government the ability to tap your phones, contact your lawyer and demand information without your knowledge and a gag order. You to be picked up and taken away for interrogation without trial or legal representation.  Where was the public outcry then when the Government were giving the green light to illegal search and seizure and suspension of civil rights?  What is so much worse right now, that this would be the time? 

Don't be fooled into thinking that most Americans are independent thinkers.  They believed in the previous mentioned items because they were scared, or in their own little bubble and didn't think it important to them. 

Where were you when a conservitive was using the constitution for toilet paper?  Now a democrat is in office and has to deal with a huge defecit, multiple wars, severance of foreign relations, terrorism and a faltering economy, and you would say now is the time many want to revolt.  Let me ask, what would you do once it was done?  How would we be better off?  I always hear complaining, moaning and groaning, but very, very few posts show an idea. 

Get real, you live in the greatest country in the world and without an idea to make a better country what is the point of revolution?

V/R

Proud American

Without an idea? True revolutionaries are never without an idea. Is it time to change your clock? Are you oppressed by current government, over taxed, et cetera?

Over taxed is a really old concept; remember the phrase, "Taxation, without representation?" Did your forbearers fight and die for this?

So, who keeps tacking on new taxes? Who's paying for the rich to get richer? That would be you. Any questions?

And who's getting poorer? That would be everyone below you, known as the common middle class. And, who is getting richer because of this? Not you!

I'm going to drift off now, and hope you see the light. Good luck, the fight is yours.

PointofView

M

McX

imported post

Loved the pic of our ForeFathers armed with weapons that would level the playing field against the British. Still, even with crude weapons we won. I would theorize though a revolution would cause too much chaos for our society to bear. In the confusion old grudges, and fights would be settled without the rule of law. Making the country look bad a s a whole. It may not be the best, but the US Government is all we have.

Alexcabbie

imported post

McX wrote:
Loved the pic of our ForeFathers armed with weapons that would level the playing field against the British. Still, even with crude weapons we won. I would theorize though a revolution would cause too much chaos for our society to bear. In the confusion old grudges, and fights would be settled without the rule of law. Making the country look bad a s a whole. It may not be the best, but the US Government is all we have.

Yeah. God help us.

Increasingly it is NOT the legit US Government, it is a bunch of charlatains and mountebanks who managed to get voted in and then when they misbehaved were not spanked, but tolerated. It has grown into this, and we have 2010 and 2012 to stop and begin to reverse it. IF there is a revolution it will be NOT to overthrow the legitimate government, but rather to re-instate it.

Having said that, will yall please learn to downsize yer photos?? It would keep the thread from being wider than Barbara Mikulski's kiester.