• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doctor asking about guns

dragongtr

My Dr has never once in 20 years asked me about guns.

He recently learned I had a gun (had to be seen for an ear injury from not having enough protection on the ears :( ) all he said was wear more protection and that he usually goes to the range once or twice a year, but never shoots as many rounds as I normally do....

If a Dr. asked me if I had guns in my house I'd ask if he stored cash in his house.

Plain and simple, no one needs to know what valuables I have in my house. Dr's have been known to to be criminals afterall.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
My Dr has never once in 20 years asked me about guns.

He recently learned I had a gun (had to be seen for an ear injury from not having enough protection on the ears :( ) all he said was wear more protection and that he usually goes to the range once or twice a year, but never shoots as many rounds as I normally do....

If a Dr. asked me if I had guns in my house I'd ask if he stored cash in his house.

Plain and simple, no one needs to know what valuables I have in my house. Dr's have been known to to be criminals afterall.

My physician asks me about guns every time I go: have I been shooting much, any new guns, if I still OC all the time, etc? He is a CPL holder, shoots IDPA, and hunts, ..(he's not against OC; doesn't personally care for it, though) so there is always something to talk about. In fact, over 90% of my last checkup consisted of "gun talk". I think the med student with him was a little freaked out, though. lol

Last edited: