• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DOCTOR REFUSES PAPERWORK

charlie12

imported post

Louisiana Carry wrote:
Non-resident

The implication being from a State that LA recognizes, that doesn't have such stringent requirements (like FL).
Oh Ok thanks LA.
Now as long as he doesn't get denied here.LA Carry whatis the deal about if you are denied orcan't illegally can't get aLA CHPwe won'taccept a Non-Resident permit?

leVieux

imported post

I am an old LA doctor. This is a really sad state of affairs.

Suggest you ask your local gun-shop to recommend a new physician. They'll know who is sympathetic and a patriot. Or, try your local FONRA committee, each usually has one or more physicians.

I quit the AMA years ago because of their stupidity over Second amendment issues.

leVieux

kdick3

imported post

Part of the Declaration of Geneva adopted by the General Assembly of the World Medical Association at Geneva reads:

"I will not permit considerations of age, disease or disability, creed, ethnic origin, gender, nationality, political affiliation, race, sexual orientation, social standing or any other factor to intervene between my duty and my patient;"

So much for that, I suppose.

Dustin

imported post

Man to all you guys who just joined, you should read through this thread form page 1. Very good discussion and resolve from start to present.

Good to read it all again,

although it seemed lots of hearts were stomped on thosecouple days, with adversity, comes strength in any relationship. :p

BulletProof

imported post

The odd thing, i havent seen much comment on is the actual Concealed Carry law, doesnt it say INTENTIONAL?.. so if your shirt just "happens" to flop over your gun carrying it, and it wasnt "intentional" you havent broken the law. Im sure it would end up in the court, but i doubt you would lose unless you had a history of such an accident,lol.

turbodog

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
I don't expect persons with your mindset to respect anything I say or do.
As Jerry Clower often said, "there's no shame in BEIN' stupid, the shame's in STAYIN' stupid." There's a lot of truth in that statement.
Here's another old country sayin with a lot of truth in it:

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your stupid, than to open it and have em know your stupid".

I'm NOT sayin mark is stupid, he's anything but, but I suppose if one substitutes nutjob for stupid....

BulletProof

imported post

turbodog wrote:
mark edward marchiafava wrote:
I don't expect persons with your mindset to respect anything I say or do.
As Jerry Clower often said, "there's no shame in BEIN' stupid, the shame's in STAYIN' stupid." There's a lot of truth in that statement.
Here's another old country sayin with a lot of truth in it:

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your stupid, than to open it and have em know your stupid".

I'm NOT sayin mark is stupid, he's anything but, but I suppose if one substitutes nutjob for stupid....
Ohhhh youll burn in hell for that!! u can't make those kinda statements here! this is OCMEM.org .. you are soooo screwed.

kdick3

imported post

BulletProof wrote:
The odd thing, i havent seen much comment on is the actual Concealed Carry law, doesnt it say INTENTIONAL?.. so if your shirt just "happens" to flop over your gun carrying it, and it wasnt "intentional" you havent broken the law. Im sure it would end up in the court, but i doubt you would lose unless you had a history of such an accident,lol.
That won't hold up. It's against the law to "unlawfully" conceal a weapon, unlawfully being without permit. Ignorance does not excuse you from the law.

Some things just don't work that way, unfortunately. :?

rmansu2

imported post

kdick3 wrote:
BulletProof wrote:
That won't hold up. It's against the law to "unlawfully" conceal a weapon, unlawfully being without permit. Ignorance does not excuse you from the law.

Some things just don't work that way, unfortunately. :?

True ignorance of a law does not excuse you from said law. But, in is against the law to "intentionally" conceal a firearm. If you can prove it was an accident it is not unlawfully concealed.

Scenario:
I'm in a store looknig for a item, doesn't matter what it is or what store. I find what I'm looking for and it's on the top shelf. I am barely 5'7" so it takes a little more effort and stretch to get this item. Because I raised my arms to retrive this item from the top shelf, and I am not wearing a high-ride holster, my t-shirt inadvertently slips over my gun.

As I am checking out the LEO watching the registers notices my barrel sticking out from under my shirt. He approaches and asks to see my CHP, because I am openly carrying, I respond "I don't need one." We disagree and argue.
(typically I check myself if I notice an officer has glanced in my direction, but some don't even think about it)

His next move is to take me into custody. All of this happens before I even realize my shirt is UNINTENTIONALLY covering my gun. If and when this goes to court a good attorney, I would hope, could prove that it was not my INTENT to conceal my gun and the case would be dropped.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Just hope you don't "intentionally" drop the soap.:shock:

That a prosecuter can read is a very dangerous assumption to make.
That he won't want to pad his win column with such an easy slam dunk.
Just ignore the law and get 12 idiots to do the same, after all there is an
EVIL gun involved, so the judge won't care.
Now if you were a gang-banger then you might be able to get off on the facts,
but an honest LAC doesn't have a chance. Now that we have both an
admitted racist and by next week a feel good bigot on the court, justice
has been beheaded.

Myself I am just going to wait and watch the excuses as to why there
is no shareholder meetings for my GM stock. Yet my reps seem to be able
to vote themselves political donations from this illegally run company.
They already violated SEC laws by buying the stock with too much margin.
They are actually doing sub-prime stock buys, borrowing more than the
value of the stock, and no money down, a hands down violation of the law.

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

contact these two organizations: MAYBE THEY CAN REFER YOU TO SOMEONE WITHIN A REASONABLE DRIVING DISTANCE FROM YOUR LOCATION !

ORGANIZATION # 1 Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership (DRGO)

http://www.claremont.org/projects/projectid.12/project_detail.asp

Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership (DRGO) is a project of the Claremont Institute launched in 1994. Headed by Dr. Timothy Wheeler, a southern California surgeon, DRGO is now a nationwide network of more than 1,400 physicians, allied health professionals, and others who support the safe and lawful use of firearms.

Has Your Doctor Advised You Not to Have Guns in Your Home?

Follow the link to learn what you can do about it. Your doctor may be violating a doctor-patient boundary. Doctors are ethically bound not to use their patients’ trust to advance a personal interest such as a political agenda. And the evidence shows that in almost every case, doctors’ questions to you about guns are motivated by anti-gun politics.

ORGANIZATION # 2 Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws

http://www.dsgl.org/

This is the primary rule of medicine: First, do no harm.

Modern legislators would do well to heed these words. The legislature is to society as a physician is to the patient. If a physician ignored the side effects of medications like today's legislators ignore the side effects of their legislation, the physician would be accused of malpractice. We accuse today's legislators (with rare exception) of legislative malpractice. Many of the ills that are so obvious in our society are a direct result of the unintended consequences of previous legislation. Their misguided solution? More laws!

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws was born to provide doctors, patients and the American citizenry with a voice of reason amidst an alarming outpouring from unreasonable doctors turned anti-Constitution politicians. Our mission serves the purpose of correcting many mistakes being made by our peers under the banner of "political correctness."

Recent Additions:
What Should We Tell Our Patients About Guns?
A Psychiatric Examination of Medical Decision Making

[align=center]Response to Errors on a Medical Website[/align]
[align=center]Response to an Anti-Gun Article in a Nursing Magazine[/align]
[align=center]A Dissenting View[/align]
[align=center]A Letter to the American Psychiatric Association[/align]
[align=center]Analysis of the gun control position of the APA[/align]
[align=center]The AMA, Firearms, and Intellectual Dishonesty[/align]
[align=center]Boundary Violating Doctors - what you can do.[/align]
[align=center]An email exchange between a DSGL doctor and an anti-gun doctor.[/align]
[align=center]Do psychiatric drugs cause mass shootings?
[align=center]Local DSGL contacts for interviews, debates, etc...[/align]
[/align]