• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anyone carry at work?

amlevin

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Anyone tried the holsters that go inside the pants and strap around the waist, like a back support? Are they comfortable to wear for 8 hours, move around, etc? And do they print at all?

An inside the waist band holster is uncomfortable to me but lots of people have used and find them OK. If you do get one, look for one that has leather between you and the gun to keep the sharp corners from making it uncomfortable.

If you want to avoid printing, consider carrying your PF-9 in an ankle holster. There are some that look like a soccer players shin sock and are more comfortable than the old ankle band.

SOB (Small of the back) holsters are good if you stand up all the time. When you sit it feels like there is a brick behind your spine. A real pain in the @$$.

jddssc121

imported post

amlevin wrote

An inside the waist band holster is uncomfortable to me but lots of people have used and find them OK. If you do get one, look for one that has leather between you and the gun to keep the sharp corners from making it uncomfortable.

If you want to avoid printing, consider carrying your PF-9 in an ankle holster. There are some that look like a soccer players shin sock and are more comfortable than the old ankle band.

SOB (Small of the back) holsters are good if you stand up all the time. When you sit it feels like there is a brick behind your spine. A real pain in the @$$.

I really like IWB holsters that are done well (most aren't) - Milt Sparks makes one called the Versa Max 2 that is incredibly comfortable and very low profile... I can wear one under just a t-shirt

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

That's how I carry my pistol... with an inside the waistband holster. It's not uncomfortable as long as I have a piece of clothing between the pistol and my side.

For those who wear the IWB holsters.. what area do you where it? Your side? Your back?

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Used to, but now that I work at a place with a more formal dress code, I find it hard to CC. Tried pocket carry with a Kel Tec PF9, but it prints too much when I sit down. Anyone tried the holsters that go inside the pants and strap around the waist, like a back support? Are they comfortable to wear for 8 hours, move around, etc? And do they print at all?

Not sure which type of holster you are referring to . . . there are "belly band" holsters that are very much like a back support (big elastic band with holsters sewn in). There are also the SmartCarry type of holster, that straps around your waist and hangs the gun in front of your groin. Either can be comfortable or uncomfortable depending on the person. I've also used the 511 holster t-shirt, which is comfortable all day long in cool weather with something the size of a Kel Tec.

Charles

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
When are we going to rise up and get the laws changed so that one can lock their weapon in their vehicle on company property? Several states already have it in place.
Man, I heard that! They are taking away our ability to protect ourselves on the way to and from work! Technically, I can't even carry on a bus on my day off even though everyone else can! WTF? I can't use public transportation?:banghead::cuss:

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Anyone tried the holsters that go inside the pants and strap around the waist, like a back support?  Are they comfortable to wear for 8 hours, move around, etc?  And do they print at all?

I use this and really like it. I wear a t-shirt under it.
(not to, from, or during work or riding the bus)

kenshin

imported post

jddssc121 wrote:
I don't carry at work. It's against the rules. It's completely within the law for them to prohibit it.... Just as I want others to respect my rights, I respect the rights of others; anything less would be hypocritical
I absolutely agree with this. It's the employer's property and they have a right to forbid it on their property just like we have a right to carry on public property.

That's why, for a while at my job I started parking across the street from the parking lot, and leaving it locked in my vehicle. I was not going to give my rights just because I had to go to work. However, people started asking me why I was parked across the street. Attention that I didn't really want.

So, I spoke with the head honcho, and after much debate, finally convinced him to allow me to park on company property with my firearm so long, as it never came in the building and nobody else new that I kept it in my vehicle.