• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't mess with the old dudes.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
This one's pretty funny, too:

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/A3LK1CChb08&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]
LOL I knew someone was gonna post that.

I just about wet my pants the first time I saw it. :lol:

Alexcabbie

imported post

Interesting. I just got off a YouTube "conversation" with a 19-year-old who said he would "beat (my) worn-out old a$$".

Age and experience trumps youth, good looks and a bad haircut (to quote P.J. O'Rourke)

KBCraig

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
I wonder if the girl in that vid has any idea that the whole Internet thinks her name is Amber Lamps?
If not, she's the only person in her age bracket not glued to the internet.

This is her chance to get 15 minutes. Based on her looks (gorgeous!) and presumed dancing (the leotard), she should really take advantage.

FW5gr.jpg

paramedic70002

imported post

FWIW I am a lifelong resident of southern VA, I have heard the phrase 'young buck' used often, and exclusively it has been used by, and directed toward, late teen to early 20s of all ages, more often to those of european ancestry. If it was directed towards a black youth then a particularly unpleasant and insensitive moniker was attached to the end of the phrase, to whit, "Young buck *****." On the other hand, maybe I just missed the subtleties of the vernacular.

shad0wfax

imported post

The old white dude is a little psychotic. He has a past history of conflicts with the police. Supposedly he's a "5150" too, which means he has been involuntarily committed to psychiatric care.

I think the biggest problem in the entire video is actually the young black girl who is videotaping this whole thing. She's throwing out racist comments and she's egging them on. "Say it again. Say it again Pinky... Beat his white ass. **** his ass up." Stuff like that just made a bad situation worse.

Furthermore, she talks about going through the old white dude's bag after he leaves the bus. "Let's go through that shit."

To make matters worse, she flat-out admits that she went out that morning with the intention of getting controversial stuff on video.

She was trolling for shock-footage and she got it.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah I sent her a private message on her YouTube account when she posted her "clarification" follow-up video, in which she decried "all this violence these days".

I asked her, quite simply and as politely as I could, "You decry violence, and I believe that you mean that. What I'd like you to explain, then, is the statement 'BEAT HIS WHITE ASS!' Being that you abhor violence, what was the purpose of this remark?"

Then I asked her if she'd seen The Accused with Jody Foster, and if she'd admit her own culpability in the violence.

Needless to say, she didn't bother to respond to my serious question, instead continuously taking racist flamebait in her comments. Trolls trolling the troll.

Oh well. I hope she doesn't go to my school. :banghead: