• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

don't see how zimmerman can be found guilty now -

countryclubjoe

I didn't say anything about white or black, but now you have. So easy to see where the problem lies with some people.

BTW Zimmerman has the same amount of white blood in him as the President of the US. About the same amount as I do.

I recall President O stating some time back that if he had a Son he would look like TM.

CCJ

Mantioch

He should go to jail. He played cop and pursued the young man who had every right to be there. He got out of his vehicle and went after the kid, and that was the proximate cause of the shooting. Period. The same thing would apply if you were forced to shoot someone breaking in your car at night. You chose to leave the safety of your home and engage. You can argue, but that is why he is facing trial now.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Personally I and most on this forum carry on a daily basis for our protection. while not wanting to use our weapon but only as a last resort.

If I see someone suspicious I would look into it as well and if I was encountered the threat level would determine the amount of force to be used. If threatened and I could stop the threat by verbally telling to leave I would, to calling 911 to a push, fist, kick and if my life or limb was threatened then my firearm and be justified in doing so as the aggressor would dictate the amount of force to be used. Oh wait isn't that what Zimmerman did? I guess so....

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
He should go to jail. He played cop and pursued the young man who had every right to be there. He got out of his vehicle and went after the kid, and that was the proximate cause of the shooting. Period. The same thing would apply if you were forced to shoot someone breaking in your car at night. You chose to leave the safety of your home and engage. You can argue, but that is why he is facing trial now.

Phfffft. Multiple logic fails.

First you say he should go to jail. Then say he is facing trial. So, everybody who faces trial should go to jail? Facing trial makes one guilty? Where did you land from, Great Britain? Some other place with a presumption of guilt?

The reason we are told to stay in the safety of our home is not because it is illegal to leave and investigate or confront, but because by going outside we open ourselves to accusations, even false accusations, that are foreclosed by remaining inside our home. Basically, it gives the prosecutor a chance to paint the defender in a bad light, however false a gloss that paint applies.

I have seen no law that prohibits one from going outside to confront a car thief and demand he stop thieving. Nor, have I seen any law that says if the car thief then attacks you and gives you AOJ that you are prohibited from using lethal force.

Following a stranger in the neighborhood is not illegal. Confronting him and asking questions is not illegal. In fact, Terry v Ohio based its legal rationale for a cop to address consensual questions to a suspect on the fact that the public can do the same. This is not a case of me saying what's good for the goose is good for the gander. This is a case of SCOTUS saying cops could do it because citizens can.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
So, in your opinion, I can chase you down and assault you and when you start kicking my ass I get to shoot and kill you without getting in trouble?

Sorry, but the law doesn't let you walk using a claim of self defense when you are the one that instigated the situation that caused you to need to kill someone to defend yourself.

Agreed, to a point. But, you do realize you are not describing the circumstances of this case, right?

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
He should go to jail. He played cop and pursued the young man who had every right to be there. He got out of his vehicle and went after the kid, and that was the proximate cause of the shooting. Period.

No. There is MUCH more between the "went after" and the "period." You're going to have to do better than that. You know, something along the lines of removing some reasonable doubt.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
And we can clearly see who the intellectually handicapped are that fell for it...

WW,

Earlier you asked a question I too had thought of: did the burglaries continue after the shooting?

And, I have another question along those lines. It arises from my experiences in retail with watching shoplifters. That is, making it plain to someone who is a shoplifter that he is being watched.

Here's the question: Did Martin attack Zimmerman out of frustration? I'm wondering whether Martin was the burglar, looking for a target, but was supremely frustrated by Zimmerman's attention. Martin knew he was being followed. How could he fail to observe that Zimmerman was talking on the phone? How could he fail to think Zimmerman might be calling the police, especially if thought he was being profiled?

WalkingWolf

WW,

Earlier you asked a question I too had thought of: did the burglaries continue after the shooting?

And, I have another question along those lines. It arises from my experiences in retail with watching shoplifters. That is, making it plain to someone who is a shoplifter that he is being watched.

Here's the question: Did Martin attack Zimmerman out of frustration? I'm wondering whether Martin was the burglar, looking for a target, but was supremely frustrated by Zimmerman's attention. Martin knew he was being followed. How could he fail to observe that Zimmerman was talking on the phone? How could he fail to think Zimmerman might be calling the police, especially if thought he was being profiled?

I think it could have been shift in opportunity, plus frustration. He couldn't break into a home, so he would rob Zimmerman. There is no way to know, the only person who knows what TM was truly up to is not going to tell the truth. I wondered from the start whether TM did not know in fact who GZ was, and that he had a firearm. The one thing I think that is for sure is TM laid a trap for GZ.

Ca Patriot

Yes, he was afraid of lawfully getting caught. Too bad he did not go home and stay there

I didn't know buying ice tea and skittles was illegal.

And I think he was trying to get home.

Why do you hate black people ?

Tell us some cop stories.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Are you that lacking in gray matter? Haven't you figured out I am as white as Obama? Why are you so common sense challenged?

BTW peeking in windows of homes is illegal. And I haven't mentioned TM's color. Are you suffering white guilt?

notalawyer

Actually, it was Arizona Watermelon Fruit Drink. However the judge has ruled that despite the actual label on the can, the word 'Watermelon' may not be used in court.

Aggravated assault and aggravated battery are illegal, and establishes legal justification for self defense. All the facts released to date support GZ's account of the events of that night. Including most of the prosecution's own witnesses, event their 'star' witness.

eye95

The proximate cause of the shooting was M banging Z's head on the sidewalk.

That assault by M was an unreasonable reaction to Z following him, especially considering Z broke it off before M assaulted Z.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>