• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

doonesbury cartoon OC and Starbucks

1245A Defender

imported post

hopnpop wrote:

Also, I've been wondering from the get-go, why Starbucks was singled out for complying with state statutes, when that's the case for maybe 90% of businesses? Beaner's...oops, I mean Biggby allows carry, Barnes & Noble allows carry.... what did they do, just pick a random business and decide to make it a center for gun debate? I feel bad for Starbucks for coming under fire for doing what almost all businesses do regarding gun laws/carry.
the reason that star bucks is in the lime light stem from our OC brothern in Calif.
they had some get togethers at Peets coffee and tea, the bradys raised heII and Peets got scared, so they made a new corp. policy to ban fire arms, in accordance with the bradys wishes.
the same thing happened at Calif. pizza kitchens! and then the Long horn grill!

then the OCers needed a new place for get togethers, and star bucks started getting the new heat from the bradys!
seattle has star bucks corp. headquarters, so the bradys try to pressure them alot up here in washington, the bradys have had protests where only 2 or 3 folks actually show up.
we OC at star bucks all the time, but never in large numbers, and we dont ever counter protest the bradys, so that the only trouble makers at the star bucks are the bradys,
that makes us OCers the good guys, seems that its the best we can do to take the heat off star bucks.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Starbucks, by the very nature of it's products, attracted a mainly leftist clientele and that clientele, in it's typical elitist attitude, thought that Starbucks was "their" own meeting place... a place where only intellectuals went to meet other intellectuals and a place where intellectuals could gather without having to share space with the stupid knuckle dragging troglodyte unwashed masses.

Then those unwashed troglodytes invaded "their" special space and can you imagine? Oh! The insult! To have to sit in the same space as unenlightened knuckle dragging uncouth ordinary folks wearing guns! Gasp! Look Ethel! Our special coffee house has been invaded by "Those people!".

And when Starbucks exercised it's property right to NOT BAN and didn't throw out those people the insult to the fragile elitist ego was too much to bear and, in order to assuage their hurt "feelings", the elitist leftys simply MUST force Starbucks to do what they are told! How dare anyone not understand that the elites are the only ones with "rights" and only elites have the "right" to direct the lives of those people!

Actually, I have compassion for elitist leftys... poor little things just don't understand they are suffering from delusions of grandeur. Maybe with the new health care bill they will have access to the psychiatric help they need?

Now that would be ironic... the health care bill created and supported by those suffering from delusions of grandeur provides the resources that cures those delusions.........................:D

hopnpop

imported post

Bikenut - I think that's the most enjoyable post I've read in a long time. Beautifully written with the perfect blend of sarcasm and wit...and truth. Very, very well stated, compadre.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

hopnpop wrote:
Bikenut - I think that's the most enjoyable post I've read in a long time. Beautifully written with the perfect blend of sarcasm and wit...and truth. Very, very well stated, compadre.
I agree... I laughed out loud... at work... at a library... :lol:

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
hopnpop wrote:
I agree... I laughed out loud... at work... at a library... :lol:
I call them Yuppies....:D

Beerme

Banned
imported post

thats a bunch of lefty liberal garbage
I think some of us should make a Right wing comic for the papers and tear the lefties a new one each week.

Cab and Pat we need a brainstorm session in TS tonight

G

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
...hey Pat i'm seeing some real potential in that comic idea...
Yes. Me too. Who's our illustrator?

Watch for the UFO.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Well... I could do it digitally... like with illustrator.

I could ask my girlfriend to help too... if she wants. I'll let you know about that later.

G

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
Well... I could do it digitally... like with illustrator.

I could ask my girlfriend to help too... if she wants. I'll let you know about that later.
Great!!!

The UFO is coming.