• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drill Baby...Drill! Refine Baby...Refine!

Beretta92FSLady

It's nice to read that we are moving away from foreign liquids, particularly oil. President Obama's administration has brought us much closer to energy independents.

I think we ought to all breath a collective sigh of relief that this is happening:

"National oil production, which declined steadily to 4.95 million barrels a day in 2008 from 9.6 million in 1970, has risen over the last four years to nearly 5.7 million barrels a day. The Energy Department projects that daily output could reach nearly seven million barrels by 2020. Some experts think it could eventually hit 10 million barrels — which would put the United States in the same league as Saudi Arabia."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/b...toward-energy-independence-in-america.html?hp

Domestic oil was on a decline, down 50% from the seventies when Bush W. left office, and now we are bouncing back. Thank you President Obama.

President Obama 2012

*This message was brought to you by President Obama riding a Unicorn that's making a rainbow streak across a sky*

Last edited:

SavageOne

It's nice to read that we are moving away from foreign liquids, particularly oil. President Obama's administration has brought us much closer to energy independents.

I think we ought to all breath a collective sigh of relief that this is happening:

Domestic oil was on a decline, down 50% from the seventies when Bush W. left office, and now we are bouncing back. Thank you President Obama.

President Obama 2012

*This message was brought to you by President Obama riding a Unicorn that's making a rainbow streak across a sky*

The increase in oil production has happen from drilling of non-federally leased areas. Federal leases for oil exploration and drilling have been drasticlly curtailed by the current administration. How then do you give credit for increased production to the head of the administration that limited said access?

As to the issue of refining, I don't really care if the oil companies refine more or not. At present we export more refined gasoline and petroleum products than ever before. Refining more would simply make more available for export to foreign countries and thus larger profits to the oil companies from the export with little effect on the price here in this country.

You are obviously a champion for Big Business and Corporate Greed. :)

sawah

Here I thought we were gonna talk about drilling wih firearms and refining our technique and it's about some gooey black substance made of dinosaur carcasses. Blegh