• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dumb people in our neighborhood

okboomer

Let's not get hung up on symantics. He was perfectly justified in arming himself and going outside. He had not compelling reason to point a weapon at the kid--or any other simple trespasser. Hence, my statement that he should "be glad you didn't draw on the kid." And we agree on what would have been the best approach: viz., stay inside.

:banghead: Actually, NO WE DON'T AGREE on him staying inside ;):lol:;):lol: But, that's OK, you got your opinion, I got mine :monkey

NCSteveh

You know the situation in your neighborhood better than anybody here, so I can't criticize you.

For myself, I guess it would depend on several things.

Did I recognize the kid? Have I seen him before with paintball equipment? If it happened in my mom's neighborhood, I'd regret not being able to grab my paint-ball gear and go out as a lone assassin to inject some unpredictability into the game. :) (Meaning, it would be so likely to be air-soft or paintball, that the assumption is almost totally guaranteed to be correct in mom's neighborhood.)

I've injected myself into a neighborhood paintball game or two and boy does it really blow there minds when they find out a few days later that someone in there 40's took out both sides and was never spotted.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I've injected myself into a neighborhood paintball game or two and boy does it really blow there minds when they find out a few days later that someone in there 40's took out both sides and was never spotted.

Our squadron entered a dodge-ball tournament four years ago. First round picks went to the last ten standing. At 44, I was the oldest in the squadron yet the last one standing. :lol:

Age and athleticism aren't necessarily a contradiction in terms.