• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Durand Railroad Days event.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Downtown was super crowded because of the carnival that was taking up the streets. Darn nice carnival with cool rides... a couple of them took ya up higher than the building roofs.

Yooperlady's pink gripped S & W revolver was the center of attention for an astonishing amount of people in the crowd. I had fun just watching the people looking at her gun.

Met michRRconductor in the RR museum. Nice young fellow... good to see young people picking up where us old farts are going to be leaving off!

No problems... and I was impressed by the quality of the carnival....

We had fun...

WARCHILD

imported post

Yeah, but having to hang out with me wasn't the fun part...:p

Lots of looks at my Taurus too...no comments, had a few people make a point of getting out of our way though.....:what:

must have been the hat...:p

lil_freak_66

imported post

it was the hat.

in a town where people drive tractors while listening to rap music through town on a regular basis...i couldnt imagine it being the gun!

pics up later.

B

Bikenut

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Yeah, but having to hang out with me wasn't the fun part...:p

Lots of looks at my Taurus too...no comments, had a few people make a point of getting out of our way though.....:what:

must have been the hat...:p
You surely noticed I didn't make mention of hanging out with you Warchild.....

Perhaps that was on purpose?:p And probably was because of the hat?:what:

Now if I could just get you to drink Mt. Dew............:D

By the way... when was the last time that hat saw the inside of a washing machine?

lil_freak_66

imported post

here we go,i got 2.

the rest that i took during the day are uh....not open carry related :what:(dont ask)

0d947b49.jpg

e7582f1d.jpg

lil_freak_66

imported post

wasnt super busy where we were at,bad location...but the best we could get.

next year,if jeff still wishes to,we would have ample time to get into the vendor area,which would increase the amount of people seeing it by probably 20X

lil_freak_66

imported post

id be smart if i stayed away from that area,but i cant give up the erm..friends i have:lol:

but those stories arent for OCDO or MOC....

i also like being able to drive my tractors through town to mcdonalds.

WARCHILD

imported post

By the way... when was the last time that hat saw the inside of a washing machine?

At least once a month, but you caught it "between cycles". :p

Working and sawdust the last 6 days, does a number real quick.

Besides, like well worn jeans....it's comfortable. :cool:

Beerme

Banned
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
id be smart if i stayed away from that area,but i cant give up the erm..friends i have:lol:

but those stories arent for OCDO or MOC....

i also like being able to drive my tractors through town to mcdonalds.
What kinda tractor?
or are you talkin about a rider mower?

lil_freak_66

imported post

of course.

been considering some removable brake/turn lights too for that extra bit of safety,but idk.

the only row crop tractor i dont have a triangle for is the Ford 8N,which doesnt ever see any street.