• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Bay police chief calls for open-carry ban

demnogis

imported post

Keep in mind this is all in the spirit of good discussion -- not an angry argument. Looking forward to your response.

Paladin4CA wrote:
Paladin4CA wrote:
Demnogis,

I'll reply to your post tomorrow night. Just skimming over it, it seems like a thoughtful post so I want to do it justice.

P4CA
Sorry, but two new work projects landed on my desk, so I can't interact w/your post tonight. Hopefully, I'll be able to this weekend.

Later,
P4CA

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Wait, I'm not allowed to be angry?!

Reagen Smash!

title-becomethewhirlwind.gif

Paladin4CA

imported post

demnogis wrote:
Keep in mind this is all in the spirit of good discussion -- not an angry argument. Looking forward to your response.

Paladin4CA wrote:
Paladin4CA wrote:
Demnogis,

I'll reply to your post tomorrow night. Just skimming over it, it seems like a thoughtful post so I want to do it justice.

P4CA
Sorry, but two new work projects landed on my desk, so I can't interact w/your post tonight. Hopefully, I'll be able to this weekend.

Later,
P4CA
Just skimmed over some of the other replies.

1) still see none of the principled, liberty-loving defenders of the Constitution are LOCing -- guess they're still sell-outs, compromised, hypocrites, unworthy of being citizens of this great Republic, should lick the boots of their masters, yadda, yadda, yadda

2) I see that the number of OCDO members who posted that they've taken action against AB1934 is -- well, I'll be generous -- "less" than the thousands (tens of thousands would be better) of participants needed to stop it
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=42555&forum_id=12

3) still see that none of the ... I won't even bother describing them again, see point #1 above ... "people" who won't stand down from *group meetups* have put into escrow the tens of thousands of dollars we'll need to fight this in court after McDonald.

4) I see that some UOCers have entered a discussion/debate over at CGN (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=292248), so I'll assume Gene, Bill, and others will explain to those who join in why the group meetups should stop for this month and next

5) I skimmed that CGN thread and see that Gene says that Shall Issue is still alive, but OC litigation will be knocked way down in priority/put on the backburner by the presumed passage of AB1934 caused by those UOCers "too pure, too principled" to stand down. But of course, CGN is the enemy despite CGF being the only organization to spend time, money, and effort defending CA UOCers in court. (compare that w/point #3 above)

6) I see that people in the CA subforum at OCDO are still scheduling new *group meetups* w/o any senior members here as much as suggesting that they stand down for 8 weeks and why
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/43211.html
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/42967.html
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/42249.html
(just found an exception at: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/42984.html)

So, why waste my time?

You guys (both the UOCers participating in the group meetups before McDonald and the UOCers who are standing down by not "piling on" those who are still organizing meetups to tell them to cut it out for 8 lousy weeks), are going to ruin all our abilities to U/LOC in CA for years.

Even if I could convince you, or you and the others on this thread, or even everyone on this subforum to stand down from *group meetups* until 1 July, all it takes a handful of yahoos to keep UOCing to sink OC in CA for years. The only way to stop that is for all the UOCers who are not short-sighted to immediately get the other UOCers to stand down from group meets, consistently and quickly speak out against group meetups until after incorporation, and that I don't see happening.

I'm not getting paid for this, I've got better things to do w/my limited free time than try to "get between a fool and his folly" (not referring to you in particular Demnogis). I'll still make the calls and send the emails to try to stop AB1934 (and all other anti legislation), but as long as group meetups continue, it is very likely AB1934 will get passed and very likely it will be signed by Arnie (to protect LE, of course).

California will be the first Epic Fail of the OC movement and OCDO.

acmariner99

imported post

It is for the reasons that the police chief of the opening thread stated and his attitude to lawfully carried arms, (rather one of the reasons) why I am afraid of entering the State of California. The thought has crossed my mind when I see a CA hwy patrolman what would happen if I got nabbed for speeding and he sees the NRA sticker(s) on the back of my car. I say this because do have a slight understanding of California law -- and that understanding is that it is complicated. And not just in regards to gun laws. I know very well based on reading these threads and the attitudes of law makers and in force policy from Sacramento is that it is hard to be a law abiding citizen in California and being a law abiding citizen puts you at the mercy of all the criminal elements running loose in the state. The citizens of the California Republic have my support in making sure that this hideous bill does not pass.

I know LE have a tougher job than most in enforcing policy in California. I don't know if that is LE's attitude there, or its just the job they have to do. I have the utmost respect for the jobs LE do in any city or state, but it does bother me when LE spends more time checking out a lawful activity than going after the real criminals.

Carry On!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Paladin4CA wrote:
You guys (both the UOCers participating in the group meetups before McDonald and the UOCers who are standing down by not "piling on" those who are still organizing meetups to tell them to cut it out for 8 lousy weeks), are going to ruin all our abilities to U/LOC in CA for years.
You're desperately grasping at straws.

Even if I could convince you, or you and the others on this thread, or even everyone on this subforum to stand down from *group meetups* until 1 July, all it takes a handful of yahoos to keep UOCing to sink OC in CA for years.
Exactly... which is why it's impossible to "pile on" and "convince" "all the UOCers". No matter how many we might convince, all it takes is the next couple yahoos...

Once you let the cat out of the bag... And that cat has been out of the bag ever since it was realized that CA hasn't yet banned UOC.

The only way to stop that is for all the UOCers who are not short-sighted to immediately get the other UOCers to stand down from group meets, consistently and quickly speak out against group meetups until after incorporation, and that I don't see happening.
So then why are you here whining and pissing into the wind?