• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eastern WA OC Report

therealcombat

Went to the Franklin County Courthouse today. Today I chose CC due to activities prior to and following my visit. However, upon reaching the security checkpoint they asked me to provide DL and CPL to check my weapon. I asked the security guard (not FCSD) what she would say if I was OC and not carrying a CPL. Her response to me was, "I am required to ask for CPL." I told her thanks and that I would be in contact with the Sheriff's office about this.

Calls to the Sheriff's office were placed, and a return call was received where I was told that they were wrong to ask for my CPL. He said he would go have a talk with them.

Test later :)

Well done! I look forward to the test. :)

Thor80

Carried the new CZ in my nice new leather DeSantis holster today.

Liberty Lake Home Depot - No issues
Evergreen/Sprague Safeway - No issues

+1 for another uneventful day... ;)

BobR

Wholesale Sports in the Valley. They have a pretty good stock of reloading components now. I picked up powder and brass for 45 Colt.

Wing Safes, chatted and dropped off a few pamphlets while picking up the safe for the FNRA banquet tomorrow.

Big R on Trent. If you are looking for chickens or ducks, they have them now.

bob

Last edited:

doughboi

First open carry

hi everyone just want to say i did my first open carry here in tri cities. im actually from portland and i cc there havent done the open thing yet. i like open carry vs cc, just my own opinion. so after reading everyone open carry i decided to come out. today i went to lowes with no problems there then tesoro and bought some beer and went back home. i think im going to start open carry more now. the reason why i like open carry more is because i carry a g17. just bought this black hawk holster today and love also bought some hornady critical defense. when i was there at sportsman saw a dude 1911 on a tact leg rig. awsome. i cant cc here in wa. so i figure just open it. anyways love this site hope i can open carry more.

therealcombat

Congratz! I've also got a tactical thigh rig and love it.

Glad to hear you didn't have any issues with your first OC experience.

Stretch

hi everyone just want to say i did my first open carry here in tri cities. im actually from portland and i cc there havent done the open thing yet. i like open carry vs cc, just my own opinion. so after reading everyone open carry i decided to come out. today i went to lowes with no problems there then tesoro and bought some beer and went back home. i think im going to start open carry more now. the reason why i like open carry more is because i carry a g17. just bought this black hawk holster today and love also bought some hornady critical defense. when i was there at sportsman saw a dude 1911 on a tact leg rig. awsome. i cant cc here in wa. so i figure just open it. anyways love this site hope i can open carry more.

Welcome to the neighborhood! TC resident here.

o2ryan

Doughboi, welcome. Be sure to follow up on laws in Portland before OCing there. I am not a student of Oregon law, but I do recall that Cities like PDX can and do regulate OC.

doughboi

they do and i check only chl are exempt. but or is a open carry state just some city ban loaded firearm like portland, so as long as you have a chl your good to go, but since im new to this its still kinda weird, i think im going to meet with some of the locals first before i start doing by my self, and maybe ill get a tact leg holster i always wanted one.

Thor80

Welcome aboard Dougboi! I started out the same as you, just getting info about everything and educating myself on the topic. I do a lot more OC now after I met a bunch of the fellas for an OC coffee meet and about 8 or 9 guys carrying and nary a word said it clicked. I've been OC most of the time since then, with exception of really cold days then I dont take off my jacket and stay CC.

Starbucks on N. Sullivan today, no issues

-Torsten

Stretch

Coffee this morning at La Villa Espresso in Pasco. No issues, owner is very nice lady who hosts a lot of events at her place. I think this would be a great OC coffee meet.

*side note* as I was walking in this morning, a PPD Supervisor rig was in the parking lot, driving past me. My strong side was toward him, but no actions by him. Didn't even look to see if he was watching, just saw the rig.

Last edited:

Thor80

Backdating a report for Saturday 3/5

Fueled up (outside only) at Holiday on Pines, no issues.

Carried into Autozone at Sprague and Evergreen, was helped by the manager and he sent a fellow out to carry the Alternator and Antifreeze I had bought because I was carrying my sleepy 18 month old boy. Not a word said and great customer service!

-Torsten

Thor80

Busy day today OC'ed almost all day.

Best Buy Valley - Only guy that noticed or said anything was my buddy, he told me that my gun was showing, I told him I knew and it was supposed to be... :D

Starbucks N Sullivan - No problems

Autozone Sprague/Evergreen - No problems

STCU Sprage/Evergreen - CC'ed in here today, spoke with a "Senior Official" as there were no managers inquiring about STCU policy. She called their head of security who confirmed to her that it was legal and not against STCU policy even though she said it probably isn't a good idea. I thanked her for looking into it and on the way out gave her a nice smile and asked if she was going to be telling her friends about this conversation. She smiled back and said most definately. Still in contemplation mode about this though. Anyone out here have experience going into STCU?

Village Cinemas Airway Heights - CC'ed

Lai Lai Garden Airway Heights - No problems, good food.

Walmart Valley - No problems. There was a young girl (bout 20) came up to the sports counter while I was buying ammo asking if you only had to be 18 to buy a shotgun, I told her its 18 to buy any long gun. She was on my strong side, looked at my gun and I kid you not jumped back about 3 feet and proclaimed, "Well I see you brought yours!" I laughed and said "Yea, but you have to be 21 to buy one of these..." I thought to myself why she wanted to buy a gun when she is so startled by someone actually carrying one...

Good day! See ya'll in about a week eh? :banana:

-Torsten

o2ryan

Anyone out here have experience going into STCU?

-Torsten

Thanks for posting Thor. I have not carried into STCU, but have OC'd into Numerica CU several times without incident. It appears that your contact is well aware of the law, she just needs to experience a practical person politely practicing OC to change her mind about the "bad idea" of exercising our rights. You have already established a positive experience in her mind, I would encourage you to go ahead and OC there the next few times you visit and see if she does not change her stance on the subject.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Thor80 - Walmart Valley - No problems. There was a young girl (bout 20) came up to the sports counter while I was buying ammo asking if you only had to be 18 to buy a shotgun, I told her its 18 to buy any long gun. She was on my strong side, looked at my gun and I kid you not jumped back about 3 feet and proclaimed, "Well I see you brought yours!" I laughed and said "Yea, but you have to be 21 to buy one of these..." I thought to myself why she wanted to buy a gun when she is so startled by someone actually carrying one...

Incorrect. You can purchase a pistol at the age of 18 from a private seller here in Washington just not from a FFL. The problem is that as an 18yo you have use the exception clauses in RCW 9.41.060 under RCW 9.41.042, 9.41.050. As its currently written a person at least eighteen years of age, but less than twenty-one years of age, may possess a pistol only:
(1) In the person's place of abode;
(2) At the person's fixed place of business; or
(3) On real property under his or her control.

RCW 9.41.060 allows several exemptions for those 18-21.

You can read my info posted at the Spokane Gun Trader site:
http://www.spokaneguntrader.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7605&p=43617

Last edited:

Hymay

I know Orphan, it is hard to post about nothing. I feel silly putting up some of the things I do because they are so uneventful. But we have to remember, that is the point of this thread. It's a simple attempt to encourage anyone on the fence about OC or even negative toward OC because of the public perception/freak-out argument that their misconceptions of the practice are unfounded.

Look at it this way, the more people read about your hassle free experiences, the sooner they will get out and try it and come back here to post about their hassle free experience, and soon this thread will take care of itself and you and I won't have to post about nothing so much.

Carry On my friend.

Just wanted to thank you all for all those uneventful posts. It helped get me off the fence, as I went out on my first OC last night. Happy to report, a cruise through Wally's and Super 1 in Post Falls was completely uneventful, just as it should be. Thanks for the encouragement, albeit in the form of "nothingness" reports =)

Deleted_User

Just wanted to thank you all for all those uneventful posts. It helped get me off the fence, as I went out on my first OC last night. Happy to report, a cruise through Wally's and Super 1 in Post Falls was completely uneventful, just as it should be. Thanks for the encouragement, albeit in the form of "nothingness" reports =)

Welcome aboard! Nothing is usually what happened, but be prepared just in case. You will find, though, that most people don't care as it is being normalized, one ani at a time. Have a Yoshi just because :)

View attachment 5423

ApacheBunny

Yes my story is uneventful too, just went to the gas station last night to pick up some milk and butter for coffee and cookies. It was just my luck that a gas station that normally doesn't have a packed parking lot had a packed parking lot so lots of looks, especially from the three strapping young lads (sarcasm is almost impossible in text) out the door on my way in with the wife, of course being the polite person I am held the door open for them. Inside it was just the usual since everyone in town is on a know name basis said the "good day" and joked around a bit.

Though now that I remember it, one woman stayed outside with a concerned look on her face like I was gonna rob the joint. I guess I have a threatening look or something, in truth if animals reflected our inner nature I would be a harmless bunny rabbit.

Last edited:

o2ryan

Hymay, Welcome!, congratulations, and thanks for the post. It helps to know that people are reading and being encouraged to step out of their comfort zones because they read something we hesitated to post due to a lack of interesting content.

Now, you have an obligation to come back here and post your experiences to convince the next person to step out and be free. Oh, and get over here and join us for a meet up soon. We like putting faces to names, although some of us have faces you would rather forget.:lol: