• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EDITORIAL, September 21: State should make arts festival gun-free

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Perhaps we can press the legislature to make certain areas "idiot free zones" by banning all politicians (and antis) from these areas? It seems that every major public event I go to lately has a large number of policticos hawking their sense of "we'll make a law.. that will fix it" mentality. I get so scared every time I see one of them doing this. I can understand their right to "speech" and all that, but is it necessary for them to do so at family centered events? Think of the children!! They have free speech zones when the president comes to town, why should these idiots be allowed to "shoot their mouth off" just anywhere. Goodness, they are going to ruin it for all of us other "free speechers". They are just pushing it too far. I guess that is the thanks us "free-speechers" get for working so hard to change the law back in 2002, back when you couldn't even leave your house with your "free-speech" unless you were going to write a column in a newspaper or go on tv. The gall of these people. We need to put a stop to this. :banghead::banghead::banghead::eek:

Last edited: