• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Encounter at Walmart in Mae Anne area

wrightme

Further explaination of why no one apparently understnads.
Huh? :rolleyes:

gunrunner1911 said:
The point is to start making comments about another "informed" instructor etc and saying it goes to show you blah blah blah is only part of the problem.
Once again, huh?
gunrunner1911 said:
Bash the guy for being an idiot but to start bashing the CCW permit system and instructors in general and blaming his ignorance on the fact he was an instrutor is the problem. Please see which catagory you fit into in my post 1 2 or 3.
Once again, huh?
It appeared that the comment about "instructor" was specifically about this person, and was a snide comment as to "how did this guy get to be an instructor, since he is so obviously ill-informed." It may not have been articulated in a completely clear manner, but I did understand the gist of it. It appears you may have misconstrued that comment as a dig on the CCW system and instructors in general, but frankly, there is little to hang that hat upon.

wrightme

Exactly. Theres only a few of ways to look at it.
1 You have no training in weapons handling / firearms safety.
2 You recieved training from someone with an IQ of less than 70 which you rely on to save your life.
3 You trained yourself therefore YOU are the instructor with an IQ of less than 70.
Here is where you got off the beaten path, and did not speak clearly.

1. Who are you directing this comment to, and why?
2. Once again, who are you directing ths comment to, and why?
3. Who "trained themselves, thus are stupid?"

You talk about adding off-topic comments to (I guess) defend the actions of the wannabe cop by disparaging other OCers? What does any of that have to do with THIS incident? It is a clear case of the "well, Johnny does it too!" argument. It is a weak position to take.

It may help if you would clearly address specifics about THIS case, and direct your comments CLEARLY to specific posters.

gunrunner1911 said:
I gave an example all be it off the topic or not exactly relating to this particular incident. Once again please read entire post to see where I explain this again. But I liken this instructors actions in THIS incident to OCers who have in the past in SEPERATE OTHER incidents done things that haven't exactly promoted the image of OC very well as it relates to this instructor desparaging the image of all instrutors in the eyes of OCers in the incident related in this thread.
The comment was that this instructor can lead persons to the false conclusion that all instructors are bad; not that this instructor DOES make all instructors look bad.
gunrunner1911 said:
Simply you cannot say ALL instructors have an IQ of (see above quote) without applying the same reasoning to OCers because ONE argues (in SEPERATE other incidents related in OTHER threads in this forum) with a property owner (NOT applicable in this incident)
Um, as near as I can tell, you are the only one why was disparaging all instructors like that. Are you upset at yourself, or did I misunderstand another section of your comments?

Remmy

I would believe that the comment about the IQ got under his skin since he is a CCW instructor himself.

Let the record be straight everything within this post is about this particular yahoo posing as a walmart ninja power ranger with that shiny badge he got off amazon. Lets all just calm down before the tomfoolery starts and school girl name calling begins. No were was it said that all instructors are a$$hats with an IQ of 70.

gunner your probably taking this way to personal to the point of interpreting it as a attack on your person which is clearly not the case.

too often i have seen on this glorious thing called the internet keyboard cowboys dueling it out verbally, and quite frankly ive seen far too much on this very board to be discouraged enough to not even bother posting any more. forumfolk are interesting to say the least.

I think we should all just breath and end this thread as its already been discussed, debated, and action has been taken or not taken by the OP which is his prerogative. Why threads continually beat dead horse is beyond me.

Ill end with these wise words:
Ok, this is where I hit the unsubscribe button. LOL

gunrunner1911

I would believe that the comment about the IQ got under his skin since he is a CCW instructor himself.

Let the record be straight everything within this post is about this particular yahoo posing as a walmart ninja power ranger with that shiny badge he got off amazon. Lets all just calm down before the tomfoolery starts and school girl name calling begins. No were was it said that all instructors are a$$hats with an IQ of 70.

The comment of What does it take to be a firearms instructor and the reply of IQ under 70 is posted here. Inferring firearms instructors have iq of less than 70.

gunner your probably taking this way to personal to the point of interpreting it as a attack on your person which is clearly not the case.

I think it's just a stupid comment. All instructors have IQ of less than 70 or suggesting it. Thereby I suggested a catagory for those here to fit into based upon training they have received or lack there of. I'm pretty secure in my knowledge and abilities as a person I could careless what people have to say about a certain profession until it starts to damage the very cause to which they fight for.

too often i have seen on this glorious thing called the internet keyboard cowboys dueling it out verbally, and quite frankly ive seen far too much on this very board to be discouraged enough to not even bother posting any more. forumfolk are interesting to say the least.

Check my join date and how many posts I have here I'm hardly an internet forum guru or ninja because of exactly this reason. I agree whole hartedly about sometimes it's not even worth it. I come here to see what is going through peoples minds and see what worthy news items can be read in links provided. I also come to find out a lot of what not to do examples. There are still quite a few good posters and the original thread starter seems to be on the right track but some of the further down comments not so.

I think we should all just breath and end this thread as its already been discussed, debated, and action has been taken or not taken by the OP which is his prerogative. Why threads continually beat dead horse is beyond me.

Ill end with these wise words:

Agreed

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
this guy will definitely do this again. He seems to have a routine he's comfortable with, so it is well practiced. He has been doing it a long damn time, and will continue to do so if not hammered.

jfrey123

Regardless of what the OP does to the impostor, how about 3 cheers for WalMart management here in town telling a whiny anti that the OP was well within his rights?! I'm personally glad to see it.