• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Endorse Richard Sanders for our states Supreme Court!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
We would have preferred a different choice for the state Supreme Court.

Four candidates entered the race for the seat Justice Tom Chambers is leaving. Either of the two eliminated in the primary – former Pierce County Executive John Ladenburg and Judge Bruce Hilyer of King County – would have been better than the two who wound up in November’s runoff.

Not that we don’t like Richard Sanders and Sheryl Gordon McCloud. Each is highly intelligent and devoted to the law. It comes down to the role of the judiciary. Either McCloud or Sanders would bring a settled ideological agenda to the cases that reach the high court.
Sanders is a doctrinaire libertarian. McCloud is what used to be called a flaming liberal. Passionate political beliefs keep the fires of democracy burning, but good court decisions aren’t born in furnaces. Sanders and McCloud both appear likely to equate their personal philosophies with constitutional dictates.

Sanders has already shown his penchant for reading cases through his libertarian prism. In disputes between the individual and the public, his reflex – reflex – is to take the side of the individual.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/...red-pick-for-state-supreme.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:

hermannr

Rapgood. There is one problem with me...If the "Spokesman Review" endorses anyone, that is an automatic disqualifier IMHO:

rapgood

Hmmm... The TNT doesn't like either candidate, while most of us support one or the other. I guess this tells me more about the TNT and less about the candidates.

sudden valley gunner

We would have preferred a different choice for the state Supreme Court.

Four candidates entered the race for the seat Justice Tom Chambers is leaving. Either of the two eliminated in the primary – former Pierce County Executive John Ladenburg and Judge Bruce Hilyer of King County – would have been better than the two who wound up in November’s runoff.

Not that we don’t like Richard Sanders and Sheryl Gordon McCloud. Each is highly intelligent and devoted to the law. It comes down to the role of the judiciary. Either McCloud or Sanders would bring a settled ideological agenda to the cases that reach the high court.
Sanders is a doctrinaire libertarian. McCloud is what used to be called a flaming liberal. Passionate political beliefs keep the fires of democracy burning, but good court decisions aren’t born in furnaces. Sanders and McCloud both appear likely to equate their personal philosophies with constitutional dictates.

Sanders has already shown his penchant for reading cases through his libertarian prism. In disputes between the individual and the public, his reflex – reflex – is to take the side of the individual.

Wow hilarious, because Sanders uses constitutional reasoning instead of statist and case law, his view is tainted through libertarian lens? What a laugh!

Like one of the other judges said about him he "believes in the fallacy words have a fixed meaning.." he rules according to law and the boundaries of the constitution.

sudden valley gunner

Here is a picture of Sanders and I.....notice I am open carrying.

SandersandRob.jpg