• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Everyone's opinion on open carry in general please keep it friendly

Do you agree with any of these opinions

• Total voters

since9

Campaign Veteran
Im from NY so I had to deal with background checks saftey courses etc.

Regardless, I came about 1 second away from reporting your "poll" because it's screwed up six ways to Sunday.

And then I read your OP. So let me be the first to acknowledge I am 100% all for open carrying a sidearm. I have a few things that bother me that I hear from other people about their views with open carry. I do not intend this to hurt anyone or start a heated debate because I respect everyones opinion that they are entitled to. I just want to voice my opinion and see what others think about the topics.

#1- I believe people should still have to go through background checks with credible references [psych checks etc before being handed a permit. (you dont want felons or crazies running around with deadly weapons)

#2- I believe every permit owner should have to take a saftey course on the basic workings of a handgun. and they should have to be a certain age 18 is what I think. (basically for the same reason you cant drink until your 21 RESPONSSIBILITY!! and i believe you should have to have basic saftey for just that reason basic saftey)

#3- I believe people should have to add all firearms legally to their permits and should have to add guns to their permit whether or not it was bought at retail or private seller
because you never know where or from who your buying a pistol from.
I dont agree with people walking around with hammers cocked and ready. one in the chamber is fine but you shouldnt be hot all the time.
these are just a few of my opinions. A scumbag criminal will not open carry and a handgun is like a fire extinguisher you need to have one but hopefully wont ever have to use it. police officers are not always the fastest ones to the scene. please respond to this post and please keep it friendly. also if there are any other new yorkers on thiis site please let me know and lets get some open carry rallies going!!!!!:D[/QUOTE]

MSC 45ACP

Im from NY so I had to deal with background checks saftey courses etc. I am 100% all for open carrying a sidearm. I have a few things that bother me that I hear from other people about their views with open carry. I do not intend this to hurt anyone or start a heated debate because I respect everyones opinion that they are entitled to. I just want to voice my opinion and see what others think about the topics.
#1- I believe people should still have to go through background checks with credible references phsyc checks etc before being handed a permit. (you dont want felons or crazies running around with pistols)
#2- I believe every permit owner should have to take a saftey course on the basic workings of a handgun. and they should have to be a certain age 18 is what I think. (basically for the same reason you cant drink until your 21 RESPONSSIBILITY!! and i believe you should have to have basic saftey for just that reason basic saftey)
#3- I believe people should have to add all firearms legally to their permits and should have to add guns to their permit whether or not it was bought at retail or private seller
because you never know where or from who your buying a pistol from.
I dont agree with people walking around with hammers cocked and ready. one in the chamber is fine but you shouldnt be hot all the time.
these are just a few of my opinions. A scumbag criminal will not open carry and a handgun is like a fire extinguisher you need to have one but hopefully wont ever have to use it. police officers are not always the fastest ones to the scene. please respond to this post and please keep it friendly. also if there are any other new yorkers on thiis site please let me know and lets get some open carry rallies going!!!!!:D

Please go back and learn spelling, grammar and punctuation before making another public writing attempt. It is truly painful to read your posts... ALL of them.

MamaLiberty

Opinions...

Everybody's got one.

However, my rights, actions and choices do not - and NEVER WILL - depend on the wishes, thoughts, opinions or desires of other people. I own my life and body, and have complete responsibility for everything I do and say.

My restraint is the total commitment to live by the non-aggression principle. No "law" will restrain anyone who is not so committed.

And yes, if you ever want to see people who live that way, come visit Wyoming. A lot of us carry every day, and we hardly ever have to shoot anyone. :)