• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Examiner.com: Why federal health control is like federal gun control

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Gray Peterson wrote:
Do you intend to grandfather those who were, as a result of the employer based insurance systems that the government encouraged, had to switch insurance plans when they switched employers, or when the employer switched insurance on those currently enrolled?
I said "phase out" - I would not drop the non-taxability of employer based health care insurance immediately, but many of all ages would jump on the opportunity to buy a simple and cheap catostrophic coverage only plan if the premiums were tax deductible.

This issue is usually covered in many or most college economics programs - pretty straight forward.

The Donkey

imported post

Sounds like a stretch, Mike:

Exactly what in the health care bills currently before the House would violate the Roe/Casey right to privacy?

The Commerce Clause is merely a matter of good statutory draftsmanship, here, seems to me. Are you saying that the bills weren't properly drafted, like in Lopez?

My view: lets pass the bills, and then you can sue and we'll see if you are right!

Donk

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Sounds like a stretch, Mike:

Exactly what in the health care bills currently before the House would violate the Roe/Casey right to privacy?

The Commerce Clause is merely a matter of good statutory draftsmanship, here, seems to me. Are you saying that the bills weren't properly drafted, like in Lopez?

My view: lets pass the bills, and then you can sue and we'll see if you are right!

Donk

Great idea Dinkey!!! How about we just let the government collect all the guns and see if we're safer? If not we can trust them to return our property or just "sue" when we find out your party is wrong as they always are.:banghead:

I've said it before, and everytime this guy posts it's no wonder their party mascot is a jackass.