• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Exchange with Waukesha City PD

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

smithman wrote:
So who's ready to OC in Waukesha?

I already do but need to do it on longer excursions.
I have not OC'ed in Waukesha yet, though I plan too. It's just the little things that make it hard for me to justify going through the effort. For example; if I drive my car to Subway to get a sandwich, do I really want to get out of my car, take my case out (because I choose to follow the firearms transportation laws), load my weapon, holster it, and then go in and order a sandwich, only to come back out and reverse the process? Not only will everyone around me think I am nuts, I might actually start to think that I am nuts myself. :?

On the other hand, the last thing I want to do is be the guy with a hundred excuses not to exercise my constitutional rights to protect myself. I think when I do open carry, I will just leave my house on foot and go for a stroll.

Smithman,

Where do you typically open carry? Do you make it a habit to OC the majority of time you leave the house?