• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Exercising in a public park while armed = "Suspicious"

Slidell Jim

Somehow I missed this thread over the past year, I was a bit uninvolved for a year or so... I'm really glad I caught this one though. I really am glad you posted all of the info and audio recording /w transcript. I really enjoy reading the legal paper work. I read all of the officers incident reports and all the filings to the courts. Most of all I enjoy when the good guy wins in the end.

First I understand your "rudeness" with the initial contact. I don't like people bothering me when I'm minding my own business, and can get a little flip with my lip too. I however think that that "rudeness" didn't help this situation at all, or the OC cause in general.

Second, You did a great job of remaining silent or deflecting the questions of the LEOs in the second part of the encounter. I wished I had that impulse control when I was stopped... I WAS intimidated and started blurting out everything.

Third, I think your since of humor was never lost during the seriousness of this encounter. I laughed on the comments like "I wanted to take you out for a donut", "you have pretty eyes" and "those are fine legs" to the LEOs... but the best was in the incident report of Officer Bell...

"While enroute to the jail Mr Prosecher asked if I would be offended if he could sing 'Bohemian Rhapsody' while in the back of my patrol car."

OMG I nearly fell out of my chair with laughter!!! If ever, ever I'm arrested, I WILL sing the chorus of that on the way to the big house.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Garth's (I feel we're so close now that first names are appropriate) recollection of events differ somewhat from mine. As I recall we were just passing the Mall of Georgia when I mentioned that I needed to visit the Genghis Grill Mongolian Restaurant. He mentioned that he'd never been there and I told him of my love of mongolian barbeque. A moment later I asked him if he'd seen the Youtube of the drunk guy singing Bohemian Rhapsody. He hadn't and I highly recommended he do a search for it as he already has his facebook page opened on his laptop.

Somhowwwwwww... that morphed into me requesting to sing the tune, which as anyone who knows me realizes is preposterous. I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Update and news on the First Annual Gary Pirkle Pistol Packing Picnic

Today, on the anniversary of the great 'trespassing arrest in Gary Pirkle Park', a dozen or so well armed men and women celebrated their freedoms and the right to keep and bear arms by having a friendly picnic at Gary Pirkle Park in Sugar Hill, Georgia.

The dozen openly carried pistols were apparently not sufficiently scary to the more than two dozen people celebrating a young boy's birthday party in the same outdoor pavilion to warrant a response from Sugar Hill's contracted security force. Neither were any of the estimated 100 other citizens in the city park alarmed enough to generate a response from the Gwinnett County Police Department's peace officers.

Given that a single man peaceably carrying a firearm led to a response by a full half dozen armed officers of the law this same time last year, I have to wonder....

Was a single man more terrifying than a dozen well armed people,
or
were a dozen armed citizens too terrifying for the police to respond to?

Or... possibly, did the arrest and subsequent civil rights suit have a positive effect on the Department?
It seems there was some sort of effect; at least one call was made to Gwinnett Police Department from a disgruntled park patron protesting pistol wearing...
Page 1 ... Page 2.
Whereas the first report to Gwinnett county resulted in at least five officers and one cadet, this latest report did not result in any confrontations by the police. No civil suits are contemplated against Officer Smith, L.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Nada, just two blank pages.
Only because I love you in a strictly non-homoerotic way....
image2_zps6adf07ec.png

image1_zps732f66d7.png

We started the picnic at about 1330 (1:30) and the police were called about 3:15 according to the report. By that time I think we'd just about stuffed ourselves and were all packing up.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

I am bothered by people who wear purple pants. Is the PD going to roll units everytime I call on one of those suspicious people in purple pants? Afterall they could be the "joker" from the movies cloaked as a civilan & not a master criminal....??? Just saying...:rolleyes:

JoeSparky

Centurion
I am bothered by people who wear purple pants. Is the PD going to roll units everytime I call on one of those suspicious people in purple pants? Afterall they could be the "joker" from the movies cloaked as a civilan & not a master criminal....??? Just saying...:rolleyes:

So, is it really any clothing in Purple or just pants.... I have been known to wear a purple or even pink shirt on occasion!

FreeInAZ

So, is it really any clothing in Purple or just pants.... I have been known to wear a purple or even pink shirt on occasion!

It was just sarcasm to show how silly it is for people to get wound up over legal activities. :DEven worse for the police to act on anothers dislike of said activities. Wear pink & purple any way you like that is legal. Do so knowing the police would not act on any calls of "concerned citizens" as they do with OCers...:rolleyes:

Fallschirjmäger

It was just sarcasm to show how silly it is for people to get wound up over legal activities. :DEven worse for the police to act on anothers dislike of said activities. Wear pink & purple any way you like that is legal. Do so knowing the police would not act on any calls of "concerned citizens" as they do with OCers...:rolleyes:
I think you just hit the nail on the head.

And it looks like I have another ORA request to submit. Gwinnett county rolled a unit past me as I was halfway around the third lap, but I don't think he saw me even though I stopped and waved. Fifteen minutes later, when I was leaving the park I saw a unit parked in the 2nd parking lot.
A waste of an officer's valuable fifteen minutes to "check out" ostensibly legal activity.:banghead:

JoeSparky

Centurion

I really should have indicated that I was not expecting a response to my rhetorical thread divert. But, you did sense the sarcasm! LOL