• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fatso wanted to be president? heat that? its his chances going down the toliet..

davidmcbeth

Banned
You already need a ltc class A (not B) to carry a pistol. Its a may issue license that they can and do put restrictions on (hunting/target use only). So needing training that everyone agrees is a good idea isn't the straw that breaks the camels back.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Let me look ... oh, I don't seem to have taken any training class to carry. I must have left it in my other suit.

Training? Cannot be mandatory. I don't agree so you statement is false.

sudden valley gunner

Greasy Napoleonic reasoning.

"I support these laws"-"that's just an opinion"

"its not an infringement"- "because it's only one more straw", "you are already required in 10 states"

"the free market will take care of it" - " politicians will decide the basics"

"its not coercion"- " I support these laws" (said from an enFORCEr who refuses to address whether or not he'd enforce what he insists is just his "opinion")

[paraphrased phrases]

At least when he encountered insurgents the military had some restraints on how he could treat them. (As much as an REMF, encountered them)

OC for ME

? Oh my bad I used the word private market when I meant free market. Can you explain the difference because they are same to me. <snip>
Technically, the Fed loaning to banks, and banks alone, is a "private market." I could be wrong, but that is just one example of a market not free.

If the state can mandate a training requirement for the exercise of a right, then there is no right.

The driving analogy is applied too liberally. In MO, there is no requirement to have driver training to apply for and receive a driving license. Take and pass a written exam, pass a proficiency exam, and a license is issued. There is no training required to purchase a vehicle. There is no training required to purchase a firearm. You are very close to advocating for a training requirement to purchase, you do advocate for a training requirement to carry outside the home. One step closer to the former.

Bottom line, there is no training required to exercise our 1A, though a great many folks should train before exercising their 1A. Also, just cuz it is, does not make it a good idea. The existence of a mandate is not sufficient justification to deny a right. You advocate for the denial of a citizen's 2A until "trained", this is anti-liberty and anti-citizen.

Fuller Malarkey

So when the government requires u to have driving school is it not free market that produces schools? How about health care? How about the numerous certification you need for employment? Hell I was just looking up getting my FFL the other day. Look at ffl123.com. Its a private company selling info on a .gov license. So yes it can and is private market stuff.

And yes the deeper discussion is can/should .gov require classes to get licenses to carry firearms. I say yes. Some guys say no. Oh well we aren't the first guys to talk about this and disagree... not earth shattering.

I believe I counted eight examples of logical fallacies in this one post!

Maybe the forum could develop a merit ribbon to hang on certain poster's avatar designating them "Brady Posters", based on their dishonesty displayed, lack of integrity, reputation for distorting the truth.

eye95

Some cop somewhere mist have really peed in your cheerios...

Please don't stoop to his level. You are more effective when you let him do the insulting, and you stay rational.

I disagree with you emphatically on most everything you post, but I appreciate the manner in which you post. This is in stark contrast to the poster to whom you responded. I agree with much of what he posts when the juvenile insults are stripped away. However he injures the effectiveness of his point with on-the-fence folks reading these threads by couching his posts in those insults.

eye95

And as I said before if anything should change it should change to a SHALL issue state.

I don't give a rat's patootie about shall v. may issue. If the State issues it, it is a permission slip that can be revoked. That makes the act a State-granted privilege, and not a right.

No license should be require to carry. The license itself, if necessary for carry, is an infringement.

WalkingWolf

Greasy Napoleonic reasoning.

"I support these laws"-"that's just an opinion"

"its not an infringement"- "because it's only one more straw", "you are already required in 10 states"

"the free market will take care of it" - " politicians will decide the basics"

"its not coercion"- " I support these laws" (said from an enFORCEr who refuses to address whether or not he'd enforce what he insists is just his "opinion")

[paraphrased phrases]

At least when he encountered insurgents the military had some restraints on how he could treat them. (As much as an REMF, encountered them)

Now, Now he will accuse you of bashing REMF's...:lol:

Fuller Malarkey

Please don't stoop to his level. You are more effective when you let him do the insulting, and you stay rational.

I disagree with you emphatically on most everything you post, but I appreciate the manner in which you post. This is in stark contrast to the poster to whom you responded. I agree with much of what he posts when the juvenile insults are stripped away. However he injures the effectiveness of his point with on-the-fence folks reading these threads by couching his posts in those insults.

It's OK to advocate the violation of another as long as it's done to your approval.

Got it.