• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal Court Upholds Docs vs Glocks Law

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
That's what Republic means, and that's why we're a Republic, so that we CAN have laws which do the only job for which Government is responsible: Protect the People.

I'm sorry, but that has never happened in the history of humanity.

Your arguments are swaying me to the other side...

Last edited:

SFCRetired

Just one simple question; forgetting, for the moment, the laws of state or federal government. Whatever became of a physician adhering to this law:

"All that may come to my knowledge in the exercise of my profession or in daily commerce with men, which ought not to be spread abroad, I will keep secret and will never reveal."

Direct quote from the Hippocratic Oath which all physicians have historically taken.

"I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know."

Direct quote from the modern version of the Hippocratic Oath.

OC for ME

Just one simple question; forgetting, for the moment, the laws of state or federal government. Whatever became of a physician adhering to this law:

"All that may come to my knowledge in the exercise of my profession or in daily commerce with men, which ought not to be spread abroad, I will keep secret and will never reveal."

Direct quote from the Hippocratic Oath which all physicians have historically taken.

"I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know."

Direct quote from the modern version of the Hippocratic Oath.

Uh, that is from some dead white guy...from like...10,000 years ago. Sooo outdated man...we need to keep everybody safe, don'tcha know? So, that old stuff just ain't got no business in the 21st century...capice!!

OC for ME

yes. in fact it's naturally obvious that they should need the patients permission to share their personal/medical info with anyone at all.
E-medical records...mandated by the feds if I am not mistaken. They do facilitate effective and timely medical treatment but I have little confidence that any notation made in my e-medical record is safely ensconced in my doctor's office and visible to prying eyes...namely the state.

I routinely line item veto who may see my medical records when that form, that no one reads, about sharing your data, is placed before me.

twoskinsonemanns

I routinely line item veto who may see my medical records when that form, that no one reads, about sharing your data, is placed before me.

The last medical facility I visited requested I sign an electronic pad stating "I have read and agree to the terms of Blah-Blah medical privacy agreement". Something like that.
When I asked to read the agreement it was not readily available lol. The person manning the desk had to find someone who could print it out.

SFCRetired

Uh, that is from some dead white guy...from like...10,000 years ago. Sooo outdated man...we need to keep everybody safe, don'tcha know? So, that old stuff just ain't got no business in the 21st century...capice!!

You did notice the quote from the modern Hippocratic Oath, did you not? Doctors, btw, still swear to the oath. Shame they routinely break it.

OC for ME

You did notice the quote from the modern Hippocratic Oath, did you not? Doctors, btw, still swear to the oath. Shame they routinely break it.
Yeah, I read it. If it gets routinely broken by those who have taken the oath the oath don't mean much does it. Kinda like some cops and the oath they take. Nothing but a requirement to get hired for the job, once taken easily forgotten...or intentionally ignored.