• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ferguson Rally in VA?

va_tazdad

Do you have any sort of proof of this? The reason I ask is that this is what the lieutenant governor of Missouri inferred a few days ago... that the governor of the state had been told not to release his National Guard the night the verdict was made public.

LOL Proof? NO, What I have is 16 years of experience with the military and 9 with the Guard.

The Guard was deployed but only in "command support" functions. None were deployed to control the looting thug scum that ran wild.

I deployed numerous times in DC during inaugrations, snow storms, and hurricanes, and never once did we have the stupidity displayed in Ferguson by the incompent Captain that took control of the police from the Chief.

They were told not to stop the idiots as long as life and limb was not in danger. That is why they just stood by looking foolish.

The Truth

LOL Proof? NO, What I have is 16 years of experience with the military and 9 with the Guard.

The Guard was deployed but only in "command support" functions. None were deployed to control the looting thug scum that ran wild.

I deployed numerous times in DC during inaugrations, snow storms, and hurricanes, and never once did we have the stupidity displayed in Ferguson by the incompent Captain that took control of the police from the Chief.

They were told not to stop the idiots as long as life and limb was not in danger. That is why they just stood by looking foolish.

Wait, you mean they were sent to protect life and not already insured private property?!?! INCOMPETENT MORONS!

I wonder how many armed businesses were looted.

va_tazdad

Wait, you mean they were sent to protect life and not already insured private property?!?! INCOMPETENT MORONS!

I wonder how many armed businesses were looted.

No, they were not sent to protect anything. They were sent as support (admin staff). No protection of anything the 1st night. Their jobs were to relieve the police of desk jobs so THEY could put more officers on the street. (to watch the animals loot and burn.)

Imagine that, expecting the police to arrest criminals. How dare I?

Old Virginia Joe

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Thank you for your response. That is despicable to say the least.