• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fight for your 2nd Amendment rights Jan 19th Olympia

Freedom1Man

I may bring a rifle just because I can't legally OC a live handgun, however I may decide to bring my blank firing colt police mock-up as it has a sealed barrel and is not a "firearm"

If I do bring a long gun, i'll do either my .22 Marlin or .303 Enfield No.1

I wouldn't bring an AK clone or AR-15. just becuase something is your right doesn't mean it can't hurt your cause. Maybe if you show up dressed nicely or in average clothing it may be ok in that regard. but showing up in full camo or shirts saying "time to water the tree of liberty" or something like that wouldn't advance the 2A.

Really though, do whatever you want, I have no authority to tell you what to do or what not to do, I think dressing in a semi-presentable fashion with a plain jane rifle or a wood wrapped gun would make a more positive statement then a tacti-cooled out AR while dressed in cammo or controversial slogans. Just IMO

It's the guts of my AR that I am 'tricking out' not the outside.

Then that would leave a shotgun, hunting rifle, or old WWII Russian gun. Maybe I'll mount the scope on my custom gun and bring that.....

Squeak

I'm really concerned as to which hat to wear. My HD hat or a Seahawks hat. The Seahawks are doing so well, but, I do like my Harley. And boots. They're custom made and soo comfortable. But my sandles are 'easy on-easy off'!
Get my drift fellas? Just show up!

SGTapone

Ive mulled it over. and I am feeling that I am officially on the "not bringing a long gun boat" (not to say anyone is wrong for bringing one)
I really had to talk myself down from wearing my sneaking suit, a plate carrier, and drop-leg holster . don't want to come off "tacticool" hah.
Sooo scared about the ban, I have enough to order an FN P90 but they dont start making them again til next month. I hope this doesn't pass

why bring a long gun, should I rethink and bring a long gun?

also Is anyone meeting for coffee before going to the capitol?

I dont have a sign yet. any ideas for a sign what do some of you have so far?

acmariner99

I think I will be there -- so will my Kimber. I may bring a couple of others. I don't plan to OC a long gun, I'm just going to be my normal charming self :)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Ok, I am a bit confused. January 19th is billed as gun appreciation day. Go to a gun show, store, shooting range etc. http://www.examiner.com/article/gun...an-19-as-gun-appreciation-day?cid=db_articles

A broad coalition of gun rights and conservative groups, including the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation andCitizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, has proclaimed Jan. 19 as a national “Gun Appreciation Day.”
They are urging Americans across the country to “show their support for gun ownership” by flocking to gun shops, shooting ranges and weekend gun shows – such as the one scheduled that weekend by the Washington Arms Collectors at the Puyallup Fairgrounds.

February 8th is billed as a march on all 50 state capitals, as a national movement.

https://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThgC5mSrfqg

SGTapone

Ok, I am a bit confused. January 19th is billed as gun appreciation day. Go to a gun show, store, shooting range etc. http://www.examiner.com/article/gun...an-19-as-gun-appreciation-day?cid=db_articles

February 8th is billed as a march on all 50 state capitals, as a national movement.

https://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThgC5mSrfqg

that is a bit confusing. so is it the 19th or the 8th? I can and will come to both if there are indeed 2.

1245A Defender

Oh Well,,,

that is a bit confusing. so is it the 19th or the 8th? I can and will come to both if there are indeed 2.

How could this happen?
All the links so far lead to "guns across america" and a rally in 50 states on jan 19.
The new link posted by gogo lead to "second site" with rallies in 50 states on feb 8.

Im going to both of them!

SGTapone

How could this happen?
All the links so far lead to "guns across america" and a rally in 50 states on jan 19.
The new link posted by gogo lead to "second site" with rallies in 50 states on feb 8.

+1 that makes 2 of us. Im still recruiting people for the 19th

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
How could this happen?

I am just thinking that going to the capital on Saturday the 19th, will be completely ineffective. The legislature is not in session on a Saturday, there will not be other gun groups in attendance (NRA, GOA, WAguns, etc...)

http://gunappreciationday.com/

Dave Workman

Don't forget there's also a WAC gun show in Puyallup on the 19th and 20th.

And thanks, Nick, for referring to the Gun Appreciation Day announcement. The lines are drawn and the gloves are off.

SGTapone

Don't forget there's also a WAC gun show in Puyallup on the 19th and 20th.

And thanks, Nick, for referring to the Gun Appreciation Day announcement. The lines are drawn and the gloves are off.

hmmm, well theres a bow shoot at the evergreen gun club the 19th too Im pretty sure. maybe Ill just go to that.

is the general consensus feb. 8th for the march on the capitol?

Jeff Hayes

From the Guns Across America Facebook page

Just a UPDATE as of today 1/7 for the Washington state rally:

We have turned in our permits and talked to the event coordination department at the state capital! We will be meeting between The South Diagonal and tivoli Fountain at 11:00am and have a little pow-wow before hand! we do ask that you make your own signs and if you can make one extra!

I have talked with the state police and we can open carry but they do ask if you carry a rifle that the bolt remains open at all times! CPL' are also welcome! The state police will be there and will be walking around talking with us! I ask that we welcome the police and follow there requests! Keep in mind we are trying to show responsabilty with our firearms!

The legislators will be in sesson on the 19th! It will be great for them to see a large, peaceful turnout for our 2A!!

Jeff Hayes

OK how is it better to show up at a gun store, gun show etc on gun appreciation day than to show up at the Capitol Building. I know it is much more comfortable and a lot more fun to show up at a gun store and preach to the choir. It great to pat each other on the back a say gee look at what we are doing but no one sees that except for the other pro gun people. What we need desperately IMHO is a public showing to let the people that are sitting in the fence know there are real people, neighbors, friend that support gun rights. The people at the gun store are already with us.

If the Gays had stayed in their bars and patted each other on the back they would not have made the progress they have made. We need to do exactly what they did get out there in the public eye and fight for our rights.

OK rant over

DEROS72

ok how is it better to show up at a gun store, gun show etc on gun appreciation day than to show up at the capitol building. I know it is much more comfortable and a lot more fun to show up at a gun store and preach to the choir. It great to pat each other on the back a say gee look at what we are doing but no one sees that except for the other pro gun people. What we need desperately imho is a public showing to let the people that are sitting in the fence know there are real people, neighbors, friend that support gun rights. The people at the gun store are already with us.

If the gays had stayed in their bars and patted each other on the back they would not have made the progress they have made. We need to do exactly what they did get out there in the public eye and fight for our rights.

Ok rant over

well said jeff!!!